2021-2022 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone had any waitlist movement?
A million dollar Q I ask every day lol :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! Does anyone know how the waitlist works? Is it ranked or do they continuously review applications?

Hello! Does anyone know how the waitlist works? Is it ranked or do they continuously review applications?
I second this question. Im surprised they keep interviewing when there are so many people on the waitlist

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have an idea or rough estimate of how many people are actually on this waitlist lol?
no clue, I am even wondering whether they reject anyone after the interview, all I see is WL for the past 3 threads on SDN.

Anyone who interviewed last week have acceptances this week?

There will be waitlist movement mid-May they said. Y'all gonna be fine they said 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my A. Good luck everyone! I know this is a brutal process, especially if you're doing it again, but keep trying. Show as much interest as you can wherever you are waitlisted, and it might pay dividends!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my A. Good luck everyone! I know this is a brutal process, especially if you're doing it again, but keep trying. Show as much interest as you can wherever you are waitlisted, and it might pay dividends!
How do you recommend showing interest for those who are waitlisted? I have sent a LOI to this school back in March, not sure what I can add to another letter if I were to send it.

I've been seeing the updates on their class of 2026 students Facebook page... is this for students who have matriculated already or just for whoever got in.

Their office said they take roughly two weeks to hear back after interviewing. Is anyone still waiting for an update?

I've been seeing the updates on their class of 2026 students Facebook page... is this for students who have matriculated already or just for whoever got in.

Their office said they take roughly two weeks to hear back after interviewing. Is anyone still waiting for an update?
It’s for peeps who got accepted

Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto today. Wishing yall the best of luck!

• Care
I was offered an A from the WL yesterday, but I'm going decline it. Hopefully, it goes to one you of guys :)

Reactions: 3 users
I was offered an A from the WL yesterday, but I'm going decline it. Hopefully, it goes to one you of guys :)
Did you send a LOI, and do you have central cali ties?

Did you send a LOI, and do you have central cali ties?
Hi, I didn't send a LOI and have no ties to central Cali (I'm from Northern California.) :unsure: I'm rooting for you!!!

• Care
Hi, I didn't send a LOI and have no ties to central Cali (I'm from Northern California.) :unsure: I'm rooting for you!!!
Thank you so much, I am also NORCALI :)

• Love
Where can I find the match rates for this school? I looked on their website and it doesn't really show anything. In addition, this is an established school for the past 10 years, yet it is not fully accredited yet. Does anyone know if there is a reason for that?

Where can I find the match rates for this school? I looked on their website and it doesn't really show anything. In addition, this is an established school for the past 10 years, yet it is not fully accredited yet. Does anyone know if there is a reason for that?
The DO school is not accredited. The pharmacy school I think is. There were some issues with that though.

They haven’t had a DO class graduate yet

What type of issues? Is the DO school 10 years old or new?
The DO school is fairly new, its only been open for 2 years. The pharmacy school has lost its accreditation twice due to issues with pass rates I believe for their licensing exam.

The DO school is fairly new, its only been open for 2 years. The pharmacy school has lost its accreditation twice due to issues with pass rates I believe for their licensing exam.
Yeah so the first class will be starting their 3rd year soon then. COCA (the accreditation organization for osteopathic medical schools) can only fully accredit a DO school after the school graduates their first class. Right now CHSU is pre accredited, so students can attend and once the first class graduates after they complete 4 years, then the school is eligible for accreditation (assuming they pass all the other requirements).

Okay got it, thanks! Wouldn't that be risky for us as students? Not knowing match rates and whether there is a guarantee that we will be matched competitively?

Okay got it, thanks! Wouldn't that be risky for us as students? Not knowing match rates and whether there is a guarantee that we will be matched competitively?
if you scroll further up in this thread, they had some students from KCU and AT Still who spent the clinical years at ChSU and rotated thru CHSU hub sites. They all matched and posted the match list. The article is posted in this thread!

Great thanks, everyone. I also saw online their academic calendar, is it really from July 2022 to June 2023, with one month of summer before starting again in July 2023 for year 2?

Great thanks, everyone. I also saw online their academic calendar, is it really from July 2022 to June 2023, with one month of summer before starting again in July 2023 for year 2?
Idk, gotta get off the WL to know that lol

Si. Something else I didn't notice, and correct me if I'm wrong now, but the updated COA estimates weren't posted on the CHSU website last I checked. I emailed the financial aid office, and COA is up about 99k for first year.

• Wow
Si. Something else I didn't notice, and correct me if I'm wrong now, but the updated COA estimates weren't posted on the CHSU website last I checked. I emailed the financial aid office, and COA is up about 99k for first year.
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is COA haha

WOAH

My other school is gonna cost me $65k max, but it’s OOS 👀

Fresno/Clovis has gotten a lot more expensive due to residents from Silicon Valley and LA moving in. I think COL is up by 68% compared to what it was 2 years

• Wow
WOAH

My other school is gonna cost me $65k max, but it’s OOS 👀
****kk. I mean if I had that big of a discrepancy between choices I'd do the 65k school lol. That saved money is a new BMW after residency 🤪👌

• Haha
Damnn.

Has anybody had any waitlist movement recently?

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how long it takes to get your seat deposit refund back? Its been 3 week for me today since withdrawing my acceptance and their office hasn't been answering calls or responding to my voice-mails.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your seat deposit refund back? Its been 3 week for me today since withdrawing my acceptance and their office hasn't been answering calls or responding to my voice-mails.
Isn’t the seat deposit non refundable?

I would suggest email since they are likely slammed between processing new incoming applications and figuring out acceptances for this years incoming class. They likely arent even looking at phone calls/voicemails

Did anyone who interviewed in May heard back yet?

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? I haven't gotten my pre-II R yet