2021-2022 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, Im an MS-2, we have 10 different rotation sites available, and I am excited to move somewhere else. I live in Lillington now and it will be nice to live somewhere more urban again. The rotation site standards are maintained by CUSOM, so I feel that id they hold them to the same standard as us during didactics I will come out well prepared for residency. I think boards going pass fail is just going to make extracurriculars more important for residency applications. CUSOM offers a lot of different ways to be involved and volunteer, but how much you do is up to you. Many of the profs know faculty at Duke and UNC so it's very easy to make those connections if you earn that introduction. CUSOM does have a 100% match rate, so I don't think many students worry about matching because we are really well prepared at graduation.
Hello, thank you for your insight! I had a quick question that I was hoping you might be able to help with. How accessible is research at CUSOM? Are there opportunities or programs that help the students become involved, or students expected to do the leg work?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, thank you for your insight! I had a quick question that I was hoping you might be able to help with. How accessible is research at CUSOM? Are there opportunities or programs that help the students become involved, or students expected to do the leg work?
There's a summer scholars program for 3.6+ GPA (or something like that) and otherwise you do the legwork with copious help from faculty. One of the basic sciences professor is also the research czar and she is well-connected and will help you putting together a poster, case report, all the way through the process to developing a paper and finding a mentor.

Accepted this morning via email! Interviewed 10/20. Congrats everyone :)

Reactions: 4 users
Of course, happy to help! We do have a summer scholars program that allows students to do research with faculty between their first and second year. The faculty also have a ton of contacts with unc and duke so it’s pretty easy to find research if you are willing to reach out to the contact to build that relationship. I have many friends that have published with contacts through cusom, 3 were published during our first year which is awesome. im currently working on a project that will hopefully be published next year and it was really easy to find. You do have to do some leg work, but there’s a lot of help too! Hope that helps! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all of those accepted. I've made a GroupMe for the Class of 2026 accepted students for us to get to know each other, which you can join here :): GroupMe

You're invited to join my group "CUSOM Class Of 2026 Accepted Students" on GroupMe. GroupMe

Reactions: 2 users
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone that was on hold heard anything back regarding interviews yet?

I noticed this school is heavily biased to the Southeast and NC, if I'm from California is it worth submitting the secondary to this school? Anybody have any insight? Thanks!

I noticed this school is heavily biased to the Southeast and NC, if I'm from California is it worth submitting the secondary to this school? Anybody have any insight? Thanks!
Just got in a few weeks ago and I'm in Oklahoma, originally from Massachusetts. Literally no ties to NC!

I am from Arizona and accepted. I have never set foot in the Southeast except for southern Florida

I got in an acceptance last month and I also applied from California. Definitely worth submitting.

Last edited:
anyone that interviewed around 10/26 hear back yet?

Not yet. Was really hoping to hear from them this week as historically they've been releasing decisions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays... But I wonder if their review times are getting longer than 2 weeks as the cycle progresses.
thats what I'm thinking too, last years thread people who interviewed around 10/26 didnt hear back until like December first week or so. Hopefully they let us know if it will be delayed like that :(

I'm from NY and have no ties to the area - accepted a few weeks ago.

tons of Californians in my class

I received the following email yesterday "Thank you for submitting an initial application through AACOMAS to Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application has been received and we look forward to reviewing your credentials. The committee will begin reviewing applications during the next three weeks and will be certain to follow-up with you by e-mail regarding the status of your application at that time."

My MCAT score (129/123/126/130) has a subsection score below 40%th quartile; but my previous CARS score was 125 on my first attempt. I got the secondary email today, should I still apply?

I received the following email yesterday "Thank you for submitting an initial application through AACOMAS to Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application has been received and we look forward to reviewing your credentials. The committee will begin reviewing applications during the next three weeks and will be certain to follow-up with you by e-mail regarding the status of your application at that time."

My MCAT score (129/123/126/130) has a subsection score below 40%th quartile; but my previous CARS score was 125 on my first attempt. I got the secondary email today, should I still apply?

Apply! Not the same, but I had a 124 and got an interview.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary before my MCAT score was released. I never emailed to let them know it was released. Did I screw up? I haven’t received an invite and wasn’t sure if it was because of this.

I submitted my secondary before my MCAT score was released. I never emailed to let them know it was released. Did I screw up? I haven’t received an invite and wasn’t sure if it was because of this.

If you’re applying to AMCAS, MCAT scores automatically get added to your file. For AACOMAS, you need to send them your results yourself. Chances are you haven’t gotten word back because your file isn’t complete.

• Wow
If you’re applying to AMCAS, MCAT scores automatically get added to your file. For AACOMAS, you need to send them your results yourself. Chances are you haven’t gotten word back because your file isn’t complete.
Sadly I received a rejection email. Good luck everyone

• Care
II received this morning. Dates available in December.

Yikes… I was complete back in august… I wonder why it’s taking so long.
Stay motivated! We're not even halfway through the cycle! I'm a multiple-time reapplicant so I understand the frustration.

Has anyone who interviewed the week of 10/25 heard anything at this point? I am trying not to get neurotic, but I was expecting to have heard by now😅😅

Just withdrew my acceptance from here in favor of a school closer to home, good luck to everyone!

Has anyone who interviewed the week of 10/25 heard anything at this point? I am trying not to get neurotic, but I was expecting to have heard by now😅😅
No I havent heard anything yet, they said that if the decision got delayed beyond 2-3 weeks they would email us and let us know. But they have not sent anything so idk

Reactions: 1 users
To those accepted: I understand that the $1500 deposit is a hard deadline (is it?) but do you think it’s worth asking if there are payment plans?

To those accepted: I understand that the $1500 deposit is a hard deadline (is it?) but do you think it’s worth asking if there are payment plans?
That’s your seat deposit and it has to be paid by the deadline or you forfeit your acceptance. You can ask about a payment plan but we weren’t given that option when I was accepted. The deposit is applied to your fall tuition. Hope that helps!

No I havent heard anything yet, they said that if the decision got delayed beyond 2-3 weeks they would email us and let us know. But they have not sent anything so idk

The wait is killing me..

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 11/03 and just got an email today saying decisions will be delayed and released after 12/1 :(

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know when they will release decisions? I interviewed 11/1 and still have not heard back. I did get the email earlier this week that it will be delayed until after 12/1.