2021-2022 Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
guys for the fafsa deadline do you have to submit by march 1 or be processed by march 1?

Members don't see this ad.

guys for the fafsa deadline do you have to submit by march 1 or be processed by march 1?
I am not familiar with this as a hard deadline for the FAFSA but my forte is not Financial Aid. If you are working with the UCF COM FA office please email [email protected].

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to ask for feedback on my app, but in the rejection email all it points me to is a self-assessment. Do they not give feedback anymore?

Thanks, I did see that and was just wondering what I do with that self-assessment as there’s no place to submit it online. Do I just email it to the admissions email?
You do the self-assessment and then email it to admissions. And if they have time, they will reply with a very detailed reason on what could have been wrong and ways to improve!

Reactions: 1 user
You do the self-assessment and then email it to admissions. And if they have time, they will reply with a very detailed reason on what could have been wrong and ways to improve!
I recommend it. It helped me immensely

Does anyone know when those who are accepted should receive financial aid offers?

Also just received mine. Would be more than happy to communicate privately with others about this!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
got mine as well yesterday afternoon, acceptance came in early november

Anyone know if out of state students can qualify for in state tuition from year 2 onwards? I heard that we can at public schools

Anyone know if out of state students can qualify for in state tuition from year 2 onwards? I heard that we can at public schools
Unfortunately, you heard wrong.

In most circumstances obtaining Florida residency for tuition purposes (important phrase) means that your Florida residency must be established for a minimum of 1 year prior to matriculation into a degree program. Proof of residency is often verified by a driver's license, voters registration, or auto registration in your name along with other backup documentation regarding apartment leases, job income etc. IF you begin a degree program as non-Florida, your residency will not be changed for degree purposes (tuition) until after the degree has been completed. If you happen to marry an already established Floridian we can change your tuition based on your spouse at the beginning of the next annual MD semester. You must petition for this change.

For the entering class of July 2021, you should have been in FL for the past year prior to the first day of matriculation. This should be standard procedure for all state MD programs in FL.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Wonder if that policy differs by state or school. I know 2 people who got in state tuition the second year onwards elsewhere
Each state has their own set of rules on how to get residency. So it does vary quite a bit.

Reactions: 1 users
Each state has their own set of rules on how to get residency. So it does vary quite a bit.
So there is a state rule on this so there should be no variation. However non-residents can marry an established FL resident and become eligible for in-state tuition which is the most common reason for a change. I wud be interested in knowing what other programs are using to justify otherwise. You can PM me if you desire and we will look into whether the state rules will allow such changes based on whatever. It is possible that they are putting student in jeopardy and if found out might owe the state some form of repayment. I will in no way, jeopardize/compromise anyone's state residency status and do not want to know any names.

The basic rule is that non-Florida residents must have FL DL, Voters Reg, or Veh Reg (2 of 3) that are dated a minimum of 1 year prior to class matriculation. This is not just for Med school, it is for all state schools and programs. Once you begin an academic program you can you can become a FL resident but it will not affect tuition. Once your complete that degree program you would be considered a FL resident for tuition purposes if you began another degree program.

Last edited:
So there is a state rule on this so there should be no variation. However non-residents can marry an established FL resident and become eligible for in-state tuition which is the most common reason for a change. I wud be interested in knowing what other programs are using to justify otherwise. You can PM me if you desire and we will look into whether the state rules will allow such changes based on whatever. It is possible that they are putting student in jeopardy and if found out might owe the state some form of repayment. I will in no way, jeopardize/compromise anyone's state residency status and do not want to know any names.

The basic rule is that non-Florida residents must have FL DL, Voters Reg, or Veh Reg (2 of 3) that are dated a minimum of 1 year prior to class matriculation. This is not just for Med school, it is for all state schools and programs. Once you begin an academic program you can you can become a FL resident but it will not affect tuition. Once your complete that degree program you would be considered a FL resident for tuition purposes if you began another degree program.
Hi Rel,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the second look day are accommodations provided free of cost? I feel like I've seen it somewhere, but can't find that information anymore.

• Haha
Hi Rel,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the second look day are accommodations provided free of cost? I feel like I've seen it somewhere, but can't find that information anymore.
I have never heard of any school doing that, other than maybe for highly recruited low SES candidates at a few select schools with a budget for it. As with interviews a few short years ago, the most you can generally expect, everywhere, is a few meals, a goodie bag, and maybe a spot on someone's floor or couch. No all expenses paid trip to Orlando, no ground transportation, no airfare, no hotel, no free tickets to the Magic Kingdom, no nothing. :(

On the bright side, remember all the money you saved on travel expenses this past cycle. That just wasn't a thing 2 years ago, and this is NOTHING, in the scheme of things, when deciding between the last few contenders or getting to know people at the school you already know you will be attending!

Hopefully @REL will correct me if I am wrong, but the most I've seen is an offer to drop UCF's name at the nearby Marriott Courtyard or Residence Inn when asking for a discount, which is probably comparable to what you can get with a AAA card.

Last edited:
I have never heard of any school doing that, other than maybe for highly recruited low SES candidates at a few select schools with a budget for it. As with interviews a few short years ago, the most you can generally expect, everywhere, is a few meals, a goodie bag, and maybe a spot on someone's floor or couch. No all expenses paid trip to Orlando, no ground transportation, no airfare, no hotel, no free tickets to the Magic Kingdom, no nothing. :(

On the bright side, remember all the money you saved on travel expenses this past cycle. That just wasn't a thing 2 years ago, and this is NOTHING, in the scheme of things, when deciding between the last few contenders or getting to know people at the school you already know you will be attending!

Hopefully @REL will correct me if I am wrong, but the most I've seen is an offer to drop UCF's name at the nearby Marriott Courtyard or Residence Inn when asking for a discount, which is probably comparable to what you can get with a AAA card.
An email was sent in which they said everyone will get free hotel stay that night before second look.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
An email was sent in which they said everyone will get free hotel stay that night before second look.
That's extremely generous, and an indication of how they try to take care of people. I have never heard of any school doing that for everyone!

There are lots of school actually.
For everyone? I was genuinely unaware, and hadn't heard of it, again, with the exception of low SES applicants the school was actively recruiting. All I know is that no one has yet offered me a hotel room!

For everyone? I was genuinely unaware, and hadn't heard of it, again, with the exception of low SES applicants the school was actively recruiting. All I know is that no one has yet offered me a hotel room!
Yeah I was surprised too actually. There are a few schools I got accepted that offered 2 nights of room + all the meals. I am not urm or anything like that.

Yes, we do reserve a block of rooms at one of the hotels in Lake Nona close to the COM. In the past the rooms have been mainly double-occupancy for individual 2nd Lk students. My mind is fuzzy after that not sure but I think* that we tried to place married couples into a single room if we had available rooms. I havent seen the invite letter/email so please dont hold me to anything beyond the initial sentence (*dangerous).

Think Knightdoc was thinking of INTERVIEW day accommodations, not 2nd Look.

Last edited:
Yes, we do reserve a block of rooms at one of the hotels in Lake Nona close to the COM. In the past the rooms have been mainly double-occupancy for individual 2nd Lk students. My mind is fuzzy after that not sure but I think* that we tried to place married couples into a single room if we had available rooms. I havent seen the invite letter/email so please dont hold me to anything beyond the initial sentence (*dangerous).

Think Knightdoc was thinking of INTERVIEW day accommodations, not 2nd Look.
No, I was thinking of both, because I haven't seen or heard of such generous offers for Second Looks. Yet another very nice thing about UCF!!!

Hey guys I don't see anything about hotel accommodations in the e-mail about second look. Was there an additional e-mail sent about it in addition to the initial invite?

bottom half of the middle 1/3 of the WL today :( hoping for some movement as I really like this school!

• Care
Can someone please share the facebook group link for accepted applicants? Thanks

Got the call for the Top third of the waitlist this morning! Excited for the potential movement

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Sorry for the confusion, I was put on the top third of the waitlist this morning post interview
no worries, congratulations! thanks for the clarification. hopefully there is a lot of movement this year!

A question for any current students on here, I heard that the textbooks are all online but is it still possible to purchase the hard copies of the books?

has anyone gotten more specific second look information since filling out the RSVP and survey? ex. more specific hotel check-in information/rrommate assignments?

Hi, is anyone here an M3 or an M4 currently attending UCF? I'd like to DM you some questions about the school please. I don't feel there are many M3s or M4s here, so does anyone know how I could reach some?

Hi, is anyone here an M3 or an M4 currently attending UCF? I'd like to DM you some questions about the school please. I don't feel there are many M3s or M4s here, so does anyone know how I could reach some?
Send email to [email protected] ask to be put in touch with M3/M4.....

Thank you very much!
You are welcome, anyone can direct any questions there. Be advised that M3 are constantly in clinical areas during the M3 years so they are like ghosts in at the med school, they aren't around here much. Also know that the M4's have matched and they are ratcheting down their med school coursework as well and are focusing on obtaining living accommodations at the next stop in their training. They are excited to be entering the next year in their schooling.

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlist update received today. Does anyone know if individuals on the waitlist will get invited to second look day?

It was formatted weirdly on my computer too. For some reason, when I opened the email on my phone, it looks fine. Second look is on Monday, April 4th 8:30am-5:00pm. I've copied the image I saw on the email in case you would like to refer to it.

View attachment 348349

Based on this previous post, I think so