2021-2022 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today! Speechless :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else do Kira and felt like they did meh on it? I hope I can redeem myself in the future group session.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if they text you for alternate list? Or is the text only if you’ve been accepted?

Just got R pre-II.. Good luck everyone else...

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Any current students willing to email/text me about your experience at DMU? I just got my acceptance and would love some one-on-one input on your thoughts and experiences there! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized I forgot to send a thank you note after my group session. It’s already been a couple weeks :(

Dumb question but by professional do you mean a suit or like a nice button up is okay? It’s my first interview
If you can afford a suit jacket to go with a button up and a tie, then I would. Otherwise, a button up and tie would suffice, I'd think. I wore a suit.

Edit: Good luck on the interview!

Reactions: 1 user
anyone hear back yet from
Have there been no decisions since the last batch? Commenting to bring the thread back to life
i had my group interview 9/30 and they said they’d get back to us on 10/11 but haven’t heard anything :(

What is the earliest group interview y'all got? I completed my Kira 09/25 and today the earliest group invite date I can select is Dec. 16th.
I did my Kira last week and the earliest interview they have is January... does this mean I have no change of getting in with an interview that late...

What is the earliest group interview y'all got? I completed my Kira 09/25 and today the earliest group invite date I can select is Dec. 16th.
I did my Kira interview last week and the earliest interview was January 6... I feel like I am doomed

Accepted just now by email! 9/16 group interview, 509, 3.9, IS. Good luck everyone!!!

Accepted just now too! Group interview on 09/24. 3.8 516 ORM OOS.

I did my Kira interview last week and the earliest interview was January 6... I feel like I am doomed
We got this! DMU is a huge medschool and they matriculate 200+ students every year. They probably will send out at least 350 acceptances and later on accepting couple more from the waitlist.

What is a continued interest email lol and how should we interpret it?
They just asked if I was still interested in being considered basically, and I have no idea haha. Hopefully good

I had the group session on 9/23. They still haven't emailed me about their decision yet. Should I call/email them about it?

Also, has anyone from the September/October group sessions received a waitlist/rejection email? It seems like it has only been acceptances so far. I kind of think the reason why I haven't heard back from them is because I got waitlisted/rejected and they sent out the acceptance emails first.

I had the group session on 9/23. They still haven't emailed me about their decision yet. Should I call/email them about it?

Also, has anyone from the September/October group sessions received a waitlist/rejection email? It seems like it has only been acceptances so far. I kind of think the reason why I haven't heard back from them is because I got waitlisted/rejected and they sent out the acceptance emails first.
Be patient and do NOT contact them. They often send things out of order from interview dates. If you contact admissions it may come off as impatient/somehow negative. They truly go in any order they please, you got this and hang in there. I waited almost four weeks to get my A and it was so worth it.

For those who completed the group interview - how did you submit your thank you letter? Through the applicant portal or by emailing the admissions committee?

For those who completed the group interview - how did you submit your thank you letter? Through the applicant portal or by emailing the admissions committee?
I emailed the admission's email.

if you get a kira invite does that mean you automatically get an interview invite?

I was placed on hold for a possible interview in August....is there anything I can do to get off this waitlist? I have a mediocre GPA and a decent MCAT score with a good amount of shadowing hours (including from DO’s), solid but normal EC’s, and I’m ORM.

Last edited:
Not sure if I am late to the party, but I just submitted my application on AACOMAS. Wish I would have applied to this program earlier. Good luck to everyone!

Just got the A! I had my group session on 10/8

• Love
Reactions: 6 users