2021-2022 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also just got accepted! Group interview on 10/8. First acceptance of the cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II received a few days ago. 51x and 3.9x OOS no ties. Complete 07/02.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To those who were accepted: CONGRATS! Also, do we need to submit any "accept my acceptance" anywhere? All I see is the initial seat deposit deadline for me is 12/13/21 but no where does it show anything to confirm I have received my acceptance etc? I have heard other medical schools send some sort of agreement that requests you to "accept your acceptance" type of thing as an acknowledgement that you are still interested. As of now, DMU doesnt have something like that for any of you guys right???

To those who were accepted: CONGRATS! Also, do we need to submit any "accept my acceptance" anywhere? All I see is the initial seat deposit deadline for me is 12/13/21 but no where does it show anything to confirm I have received my acceptance etc? I have heard other medical schools send some sort of agreement that requests you to "accept your acceptance" type of thing as an acknowledgement that you are still interested. As of now, DMU doesnt have something like that for any of you guys right???
Not that I've seen, just the deposit by Dec 13th in your portal, oh and that outstanding agreements contract!!! It just means that you understand you've been accepted (not binding, just sign it and upload a pic of it)! And sign up for accepted students day. That's it!

Are interviews closed or open file? How did everyone prepare?

do you need to be dressed?
Yes, treat both the asynchronous and the group session as a typical interview. Dress to impress.

Current OMS 1 checking in on sdn for the first time in forever. If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them

• Care
So if our group interview is in January, we won't be accepted until after that? Was anyone accepted before the group interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
So if our group interview is in January, we won't be accepted until after that? Was anyone accepted before the group interview?
After the group interview the consider your app complete and forward it to the admission's committee.

ACCEPTED VIA TEXT!!!! Group session 9/23. I am feeling so thankful, it's my first acceptance of the cycle. I cannot believe that I'm going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 6 users
I just submitted my app 3 days ago so I'm super late. Does anyone know around how it takes to hear something from DMU?

I just submitted my app 3 days ago so I'm super late. Does anyone know around how it takes to hear something from DMU?
They’re the quickest one for me and I applied late September and have already interviewed

They’re the quickest one for me and I applied late September and have already interviewed
Applied early September and still nothing. Local student and really hope to get in. Wonder if I got put into wl then…

Accepted today and so excited!
Group was 10/7
Aquarius sun, Scorpio rising
PokemonGo: 28
Smash: Princess Peach

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Applied early September and still nothing. Local student and really hope to get in. Wonder if I got put into wl then…
I just checked and I was actually complete early October and got my interview like 2 weeks later

Haven't heard back after 10/7 group session. Safe to say it's an R...:(

Last edited:
Completed the Kira interview 10/25 and received the group interview scheduling email this afternoon. Not sure what people meant by only being able to schedule in December/January. I was able to schedule my session for next week on 11/4.

Completed the Kira interview 10/25 and received the group interview scheduling email this afternoon. Not sure what people meant by only being able to schedule in December/January. I was able to schedule my session for next week on 11/4.
Maybe that’s a sign they want to accept you earlier? Or just luck?

Accepted today and so excited!
Group was 10/7
Aquarius sun, Scorpio rising
PokemonGo: 28
Smash: Princess Peach
Smash: Dark Pit.

I really hope I have the occasional time for games when I'm in school (Edit: I already got in. I don't know why I phrased it like that initially. Also added a whole spiel afterwards). School-life balance is something I worry about an one of my other passions is TTRPGs, board games, and the occasional video game so having time to take a break and enjoy something is something I really hope I can swing. Then again I'm kind of a workaholic at times and forget to do relaxing things, something that humans require I guess.

Last edited:
My friends received their IIs within 15 days of being complete. I am at the 4th week mark, and I feel like it’s a R. 😭😭

My friends received their IIs within 15 days of being complete. I am at the 4th week mark, and I feel like it’s a R. 😭😭
Hi! I also am at the same mark, do you know if they had any diff stats than you? Or were yours similar?

• Sad
Hi! I also am at the same mark, do you know if they had any diff stats than you? Or were yours similar?
Their stats are better than mine, both MCAT (1-3 pts higher) and gpa. Their last 60 unit gpa might be way higher than tbh. For reference, my MCAT is a 508, and gpa 3.3-3.4.

Their stats are better than mine, both MCAT (1-3 pts higher) and gpa. Their last 60 unit gpa might be way higher than tbh. For reference, my MCAT is a 508, and gpa 3.3-3.4.
+1. Do they do silent R?

• Wow
I got my II around a month after being complete!
I think I am concerned because my friend applied after me. I was complete 9/28 and they were complete in early October. They already received their II mid Oct.

I am still waiting...I prob got skipped because my stats aren't that great lol

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

I think I am concerned because my friend applied after me. I was complete 9/28 and they were complete in early October. They already received their II mid Oct.

Dw, you never know how certain schools/individual reviewers stratify your apps. If you have anything that might not make an automated cutoff (like a sub-125 score, an IA, etc) but that isn't necessarily a dealbreaker, it might just be longer before they get to your app. And even if not, it could be a host of other reasons. It isn't over until it's over :)

• Care
Dw, you never know how certain schools/individual reviewers stratify your apps. If you have anything that might not make an automated cutoff (like a sub-125 score, an IA, etc) but that isn't necessarily a dealbreaker, it might just be longer before they get to your app. And even if not, it could be a host of other reasons. It isn't over until it's over :)
I really appreciate you making me feel better. <3

I do have a 123 CARS LOL

• Care
hey guys! I just recieved an email stating they are putting my application on hold. Should this be viewed as a rejection or is there still some hope? thanks!

Reactions: 2 users

I was complete in the beginning of August and didn't get an interview until about a week ago. I'm a bit above DMU's average stats with fairly good/varied extracurriculars (I'm in my second gap year), and my wait time to hear back was around 8 weeks. I really don't think there's much of a clear method to this other than you will get reviewed eventually. I think trying to figure anything else out is going to drive you crazy, my friend

• Care
hey guys! I just recieved an email stating they are putting my application on hold. Should this be viewed as a rejection or is there still some hope? thanks!
MEEE questioning being put on KCU's qualified status list

Reactions: 1 users
when were u complete? jw

I was complete early sep tho. And also have 123 CARS and SJT 1 lol. Pretty sad because I live in Des Moines.
This cycle just makes me wanna go take a nap and ONLY wake up when I get an II email.

#noIIgang

I would say you still have hope! They sent me an email with an outright rejection pre-interview so there are two different categories.

I would say you still have hope! They sent me an email with an outright rejection pre-interview so there are two different categories.
I got the same email just now saying I’m on hold. Idk how I feel about this limbo.