2021-2022 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @whataweirdo for sharing this year's questions!

2021-2022 Drexel Secondary Essay Prompts:

1. If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. If you have not yet graduated, please discuss your current activities and engagements. We understand that it may have been difficult to obtain clinical or volunteer service experiences during the pandemic; therefore, be sure to discuss any traditional and /or nontraditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done during this time.

2. What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. You can also talk about how COVID -19 impacted you. For example, it may have caused disruptions or changes in your plans. If there is something you would like to share regarding how this event impacted you, share that information here. (1000 words max)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think this is Jeff secondary essays, not Drexel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Drexel is requiring the Snapshot and Duet parts along with the Casper exam this year?

Nothing yet, IS

Edit: Received IS

Last edited:
If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. If you have not yet graduated, please discuss your current activities and engagements. We understand that it may have been difficult to obtain clinical or volunteer service experiences during the pandemic; therefore, be sure to discuss any traditional and /or nontraditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done during this time.

What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. You can also talk about how COVID -19 impacted you. For example, it may have caused disruptions or changes in your plans. If there is something you would like to share regarding how this event impacted you, share that information here.

Would you mind posting the secondary questions?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, does anyone know when they will mark our CASPER scores as received? I already took CASPER last month and the score was released to the schools I applied to already, but still says not received on the website.

This is nice. Really open secondaries

If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. If you have not yet graduated, please discuss your current activities and engagements. We understand that it may have been difficult to obtain clinical or volunteer service experiences during the pandemic; therefore, be sure to discuss any traditional and /or nontraditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done during this time.

What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. You can also talk about how COVID -19 impacted you. For example, it may have caused disruptions or changes in your plans. If there is something you would like to share regarding how this event impacted you, share that information here.
Any word or character counts?

Interesting. IS but still no email.

OOS secondary received. I was wondering, is Drexel or a more research-oriented or service-oriented school? For my 4th letter of recommendation, I was debating if I should submit the one from my research PI or the one from my clinic supervisor? The other three have to be from faculty that taught me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Can you use the anything else prompt here as a "why Drexel prompt?"

Did Drexel recently change their LOR limit to 4? I swear it was 5 a few weeks ago.

Anyone else casper not received ? I took mine in May and my other schools already marked it received. .. went back to make sure I selected Drexel and sure did

Hey guys, does anyone know when they will mark our CASPER scores as received? I already took CASPER last month and the score was released to the schools I applied to already, but still says not received on the website.
Same

Anyone else casper not received ? I took mine in May and my other schools already marked it received. .. went back to make sure I selected Drexel and sure did
My CASPer scores were marked as not received up until this afternoon. I just received a complete email from Drexel and the CASPer now shows up as received, so check your portal when you get a chance!

How long are you guys making your responses for the first prompt? Should it be longer or a short and clear-cut explanation of what activities you'll be doing?

I have one question. Are you all meeting this 1000 word count ?

How long are you guys making your responses for the first prompt? Should it be longer or a short and clear-cut explanation of what activities you'll be doing?
I think short and clear

Okay for academic history how did you get pass it? It’s telling me I need to fill it out. I have nothing new to add

Are you missing the questions on the bottom? It asks some required questions about whether or not you have gaps and if you have an upcoming MCAT

Are you missing the questions on the bottom? It asks some required questions about whether or not you have gaps and if you have an upcoming MCAT
It’s buggy. I backed out and went back in. Answered it and it allows me to move forward

How much did you have for the first one? I’m just listing I’ll be taking courses + clinical volunteering and maybe some shadowing.

My first response was pretty long tbh. But I'm also just naturally a verbose person -- so I think your approach is definitely fine and you don't need to force extra length if you can convey what you want to succinctly

My first response was pretty long tbh. But I'm also just naturally a verbose person -- so I think your approach is definitely fine and you don't need to force extra length if you can convey what you want to succinctly
Okay I’m the opposite I’m 164 words for prompt 1 and 980 words for prompt 2

Do adcoms read all 1000 words of all 10000+ applicants each cycle?

Do adcoms read all 1000 words of all 10000+ applicants each cycle?
Realistically no, they already have filters in place based on GPA and MCAT, state people are from. Etc.

How much weight does Drexel put on CASPER in the application process?

I swear it was 5
Me too … I added 5 into amcas and then was upset when I saw on their secondary that they only allow 4. I hope they don’t throw out my app because I didn’t follow the instructions. but I don’t really think it would be smart to email them and say “hey I’m pretty sure you changed the requirements at the last second”

Me too … I added 5 into amcas and then was upset when I saw on their secondary that they only allow 4. I hope they don’t throw out my app because I didn’t follow the instructions. but I don’t really think it would be smart to email them and say “hey I’m pretty sure you changed the requirements at the last second”
Realistically, they do change it at the last second. They didn't change their Casper year required until after I already took mine. And some parts of their website still aren't updated.

Realistically, they do change it at the last second. They didn't change their Casper year required until after I already took mine. And some parts of their website still aren't updated.
Yeah exactly, but I can’t email and call them out for it haha. So I just have to hope they don’t care that much

I submitted 5 days ago, but my CASPER scores are still marked as not received. Anyone else having this issue? Wondering whether I should reach out to the admissions office to check in on this.

I submitted 5 days ago, but my CASPER scores are still marked as not received. Anyone else having this issue? Wondering whether I should reach out to the admissions office to check in on this.
Yes, me too!

Yes, me too!
I think I remember from last year that they took forever. I then emailed them and they had it right away. Maybe wait another day or two and then email them? Just cause I'm sure they are busy now but last year they were able to help and check off that I had submitted it

• Love
I think I remember from last year that they took forever. I then emailed them and they had it right away. Maybe wait another day or two and then email them? Just cause I'm sure they are busy now but last year they were able to help and check off that I had submitted it
Thanks so much! Will do.