2021-2022 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LM score in signature and PM'd you deets.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed this week. As always, Quillen is one of the most friendliest schools you’ll interview at. They really just want to get to know you and their interviews are very conversational.

They said the committe would be meeting every 2 weeks this cycle. Next Thursday (the 23rd) is their next meeting.
Congratulations! That's awesome. When did you submit your primary/secondary and when did you get an interview invite?

Congratulations! That's awesome. When did you submit your primary/secondary and when did you get an interview invite?
My timeline is going to be really different becuase I’m an early decision applicant. So I submitted my Primary in the last week of July. My secondary was submitted 8/20 and I received my interview invite last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have already interviewed, how quickly after your confirmation email did you receive the necessary Zoom info? I was out of town when my II came in and replied on my mobile device. Apparently it didn't go through (now that I'm home I checked on desktop and there is no record of my reply). So I emailed them again today (a little less than 24 hrs past their Friday at 4:30 confirmation deadline) and am really paranoid that my II will be rescinded now because of technical issues.

For those who have already interviewed, how quickly after your confirmation email did you receive the necessary Zoom info? I was out of town when my II came in and replied on my mobile device. Apparently it didn't go through (now that I'm home I checked on desktop and there is no record of my reply). So I emailed them again today (a little less than 24 hrs past their Friday at 4:30 confirmation deadline) and am really paranoid that my II will be rescinded now because of technical issues.
They will send an email at 8 PM the night before your interview with the zoom link and more info. If you don’t receive that, I’d just reach out to Anthony Walls first thing the morning of your interview.

They will send an email at 8 PM the night before your interview with the zoom link and more info. If you don’t receive that, I’d just reach out to Anthony Walls first thing the morning of your interview.
I appreciate the info! I requested a response in my confirmation email given my unusual circumstances, but I know earlier in the cycle when I emailed that address with a question, it took 10 days to respond, so I'm not sure if/when I'll get a response.

Pre-secondary R. Really, really happy for the transparency of this school to not lead me on with a secondary. :)

For those that interviewed last week, did you receive any type of followup email? I thought they mentioned we would receive a survey the day after but I have yet to receive anything.

I have a little bit of hope and optimism that I could be receiving an II this week. Don’t ask me why cause I have no idea. But please send good vibes my way because my mental health is in the dumps:)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I have a little bit of hope and optimism that I could be receiving an II this week. Don’t ask me why cause I have no idea. But please said good vibes my way because my mental health is in the dumps:)
Sending good vibes! If you received a secondary that's already a big accomplishment with QCOM!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received a secondary before submitting their CASPER/snapshot/duet?

Good luck to everyone expecting to here some news today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got place on active hold. Good luck to everyone this cycle

Did interview not go well or do you think it's more because of the OOS
Probably because I’m OOS. I really enjoyed my interview, they were all so relaxed and super nice. It’s early in the process and I know that being OOS puts me at a disadvantage

Probably because I’m OOS. I really enjoyed my interview, they were all so relaxed and super nice. It’s early in the process and I know that being OOS puts me at a disadvantage
That makes sense. Best of luck to you. If you already got an OOS interview from Quillen I am sure you will receive an Acceptance from somewhere!

Got the acceptance call this morning for Early Decision. This is my 3rd cycle applying after being placed on hold for the last 2 cycles. I have literally have been in tears all morning. Excited to join you all in class next July!

Reactions: 17 users
Got the acceptance call this morning for Early Decision. This is my 3rd cycle applying after being placed on hold for the last 2 cycles. I have literally have been in tears all morning. Excited to join you all in class next July!
This is awesome stuff. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
On hold post interview, RD. I think the earliest we can get accepted is the 15th of October hold those heads up!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!! Hope to be interviewing soon and joining you next year! This is my third time applying. Never got a secondary before and got one this year! Post MCAT increase, 4.0 in a masters, and paid clinical experience!

Reactions: 1 users
I also interviewed 2 weeks ago and was just placed on active hold today. I’m IS and RD. I was also told that first possible notice of acceptance for RD is October 15 so I think we’re in a good spot.

I also interviewed 2 weeks ago and was just placed on active hold today. I’m IS and RD. I was also told that first possible notice of acceptance for RD is October 15 so I think we’re in a good spot.
So active hold is not the same as waitlist? I wasn't sure based on how they described the Oct 15 date, it almost sounded as if it was better to hear nothing until that date but I probably misunderstood what they were saying.
Awesome! So excited for you, I hope we are future classmates!

So active hold is not the same as waitlist? I wasn't sure based on how they described the Oct 15 date, it almost sounded as if it was better to hear nothing until that date but I probably misunderstood what they were saying.

Awesome! So excited for you, I hope we are future classmates!
Active hold is similar to a waitlist at Quillen. They can reevaluate your application at any time and decide to accept/reject instead. With that said, they cannot accept anyone but ED applicants until October 15th. So they place you on hold instead. So come October 15th, they will often call many that were placed on hold early on and offer an acceptance.

Also, Thanks! I’m super excited. Hopefully I’ll see you in July!

• Love
Coincidentally enough, I just got the secondary invite email! Should be coming soon for you all in the same boat!

I haven't received a secondary yet... I'm IS should I be worried
I’m in the same boat and have been compete for almost a month and a half…
Quillen is notoriously slow. They screen heavily for secondaries. I had a friend who actually didn’t receive one until late November last year. In this case, no news probably just means they haven’t reached you in the review process yet.

Got an II this morning! I’m so excited!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if Quillen has a dedicated Step I study period? I looked at the curriculum and schedules and still am not clear on that

OOS II!
So glad to have an interview in a place I would love to live
LM 69

For anyone who has already interviews at Quillen. Got any tips or pointers. Also when did you receive an email after confirming your interview? Thanks!

Presecondary R, good luck to everyone!
I visited Quillen and it was a fantastic place- it was my top choice school.
Good luck to everyone interviewing, and congratulations to everyone who gets an acceptance!
Sending you all the very best. 💗

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
For anyone who has already interviews at Quillen. Got any tips or pointers. Also when did you receive an email after confirming your interview? Thanks!
I’m going to PM you

Placed on active hold just now from an interview for RD about two weeks ago. I wasn't expecting a different decision since acceptances can't go out until the 15th but it still feels eerily similar to when I was on hold from October till April then rejected.

Placed on active hold just now from an interview for RD about two weeks ago. I wasn't expecting a different decision since acceptances can't go out until the 15th but it still feels eerily similar to when I was on hold from October till April then rejected.
+1
Do we know if *everyone* gets either rejected or put on active hold at this point? Or will the people who will be accepted just not hear anything until they can be accepted on Oct 15?

I don't know but I would look at past threads to try and get a sense of what may happen. I do know that one way or another we'll find out on Oct 15th.

+1
Do we know if *everyone* gets either rejected or put on active hold at this point? Or will the people who will be accepted just not hear anything until they can be accepted on Oct 15?
From my experience from last cycles, everyone whose application is reviewed before October 15th is either rejected or placed on hold. Some of those holds may really be acceptances but they cannot notify applicants of acceptances until October 15th. On that day, some of the holds will turn into acceptances and some will stay a hold. Hopefully this helps some!

Received secondary application yesterday! I know it’s not an II, but it’s the first thing I’ve heard back from any school, so it’s pretty exciting for me as a non-trad. I also really like the school’s mission, so I’m stoked.

Oh, and for the stat junkies, primary submitted 8/31, OOS, ORM, veteran, LM score 67, mediocre free throw shooter, but strong in the post, and solid karaoke singer after a couple of beers (I have often been referred to as the Celine Dion of my generation).

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed today and wow. Truly spectacular interview experience. Hopefully good news comes about in the coming weeks!

Reactions: 2 users