2021-2022 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone complete in September get a II or R lately? Congratulations to all of the As! Cheers, everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This might have been addressed already, but is the interview panel open or closed file?

This might have been addressed already, but is the interview panel open or closed file?
My interviewer brought up stuff I mentioned in my secondary so I believe it's open file.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I interviewed 9/22 and have not heard back yet. Does anyone know when EVMS sends out rejections?

when it was in person: you were interviewed by a panel of 2 to 3 people. usually a faculty and a student. The student had partial file, faculty full file.

From my interview, I had three interviewers. Two had not had access to my file and one had seen my file.

Reactions: 1 users
None of my three interviewers referenced my application. It was strange.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can confirm was top-tier Waitlisted today. Not sure how I feel about it because I had the same status last year and didn't get accepted but it was also later in the year when I got Waitlisted so maybe earlier will be better? Lol.

• Care
WL earlier today. Haven’t asked about my tier/position yet. For those that did, what did you say?

Wondering if my lack of update and lack of post-interview thank you contributed. My interviewers did tell me they HIGHLY value updates. I just didn’t have anything meaningful to add until recently and was planning to update all my schools in December. Should I wait to inquire about WL position and update at the send time or ask immediately?

EDIT: I asked, short and sweet 2 sentence email asking about position + thanking for the opportunity to be further considered. Top tier WL.

Last edited:
I know its open file but my panel (3 people; a faculty member, recent graduate, and current student) did not bring up any specifics about my primary or secondary application. After seeing other comments not sure if this is a good ting or bad thing lol...

I know its open file but my panel (3 people; a faculty member, recent graduate, and current student) did not bring up any specifics about my primary or secondary application. After seeing other comments not sure if this is a good ting or bad thing lol...
If I remember correctly, my interviewers didn't really either but I was accepted! One less thing to stress about hopefully.

• Love
If I remember correctly, my interviewers didn't really either but I was accepted! One less thing to stress about hopefully.
thank you! haha definitely decreased my stress some since EVMS is my top choice. and CONGRATS 🎉🎉

• Care
Some interviewers prefer to let the interview stand on it's own without preconceived biases from reading an application. Most application experiences end up being pretty similar, so interviewers don't ask about scribing, research, etc. unless it's really unique. It prevents confusing similar aspects from different applicants.

Interviewed 10/6 - got waitlisted (top tier) yesterday.

Also to contribute to the conversation a little more: they're very cool about receiving updates after you interview!

WL earlier today. Haven’t asked about my tier/position yet. For those that did, what did you say?

Wondering if my lack of update and lack of post-interview thank you contributed. My interviewers did tell me they HIGHLY value updates. I just didn’t have anything meaningful to add until recently and was planning to update all my schools in December. Should I wait to inquire about WL position and update at the send time or ask immediately?
If you haven't asked yet, I would. I would just send an email that sounds appreciative of learning that you are on their waitlist and that you are interested in knowing your tier. Short and sweet is best. As for updates, you can send max of five, I think and this email to learn WL tier doesn't count. It wouldn't matter when you ask your tier position but normally I like to know so I asked early even though I will also be writing an update/and probably an LOI in Dec.

• Care

thats not how it works. Don't over think it! just ask your position.

+1 top tier waitlist today! Interview mid-October, OOS.

Last edited:
  • Love
did they say when the 10/27 and 10/29 people would hear back?
If I remember correctly, 3-6 weeks from the information session. However, based on this thread, it seems like we'll be hearing back around 12/10.

If my interview is 12/1, what is the earliest I could hear back? Are they still notifying in 5-6 weeks from interview or do they release decisions in pools regardless of date?

If my interview is 12/1, what is the earliest I could hear back? Are they still notifying in 5-6 weeks from interview or do they release decisions in pools regardless of date?
5-6 weeks. I heard back sooner though

To those who got accepted, have you gotten your personal URL/pre-matriculation requirements email yet? How long after the offer email did you get it?

Should I email Admissions? It's been a week since receiving the email and I haven't heard anything, but I also don't want to sound neurotic haha
Doesn’t seem neurotic to me lol, nothing wrong w shooting them a polite email after the holiday

Any 11/12 interviewees hear back at all yet? I know it hasn't been their estimated four weeks, but I am anxiously waiting for any information lol

Any 11/12 interviewees hear back at all yet? I know it hasn't been their estimated four weeks, but I am anxiously waiting for any information lol
I dont think they have sent out decisions yet for those that interviewed the mid/end of October. They have already been kind of delayed in getting decisions out, and I dont think the Thanksgiving break helped that either.

Sincerely, someone who interview here the end of October and has not heard anything yet

Reactions: 3 users
hi guys accepted but just gave up my spot so hopefully, that means movement on the WL!! best of luck

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Waitlist today, top tier, interviewed mid October.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know the tiers work? One of the members of the admissions team mentioned that they pull from each tier

Suspicious Trailer Park Boys GIF

Is it just me or has EVMS been eerily quiet with the IIs lately?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Suspicious Trailer Park Boys GIF

Is it just me or has EVMS been eerily quiet with the IIs lately?

For me, I think the lack of a portal (for all intents and purposes) makes it even more quiet, my application for EVMS is just somewhere off in the ether.

Reactions: 5 users
Odds are they have filled the interview slots through the end of the year. I think next Friday is the last day until they start up again in the middle of January. They likely don't want to schedule too far into 2022 as people may withdraw before an interview and leave them scrambling to fill it.

Just waitlisted today. Interviewed 10/27. I emailed admissions to figure out the tier, hoping for top…

• Care
Just waitlisted today. Interviewed 10/27. I emailed admissions to figure out the tier, hoping for top…
Just kidding they responded immediately. I’m in the top tier! :) hoping for the best going forward.