2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heyyy!!!! For the peeps that got acceptance after being waitlisted, what else did you do apart from sending a letter of intent?

Members don't see this ad.

I declined my acceptance here. Applying to medical schools is a long, frustrating process, and I hope y'all's hard work and patience are rewarded with an acceptance. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear anything from the 4/20 interview group? I still haven't gotten decision yet :/

Received my acceptance call and email yesterday- after being waitlisted on April 7th.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, sorry if anyone has asked this already, but does anyone know who I contact to withdraw my acceptance?

Since we are nearly at the end of this admissions cycle...if any incoming students have any questions about anything VCOM - Carolinas related please feel free to reach out via direct message. Wishing you all the smoothest transition to medical school in just a couple months. Make sure to take your last true summer break and do something enjoyable, reflect on your past, thank those that have supported you along this journey and DO NOT STUDY.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Sorry for the spam, but has anyone know if there's movement happening? I know the number on fb isn't accurate but it's just gradually increasing...

Reactions: 1 user
I got an acceptance call yesterday but will be turning it down. Hopefully it goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my acceptance today- I hope it goes to one of you. Best of luck to everyone!

Just withdrew my acceptance this morning. I wish the best of luck to whomever will be offered my spot!

How long did it take for you guys to be approved for the class of 2026 group? Do they post housing options in the group?

Just got the acceptance call earlier today!!!

How long did it take for you guys to be approved for the class of 2026 group? Do they post housing options in the group?
Hey, Idk if you've already been approved to the groupchat yet or not but I got accepted yesterday and got approved today and there are posts about housing but those are from earlier in the year

Has anyone heard from admissions about any more waitlist movement? I was hoping there would be more movement in June. Are they sending emails to people at the top of the waitlist?

Has anyone heard from admissions about any more waitlist movement? I was hoping there would be more movement in June. Are they sending emails to people at the top of the waitlist?
There is some movement but I don’t know how fast it is moving. Also VCOM Carolina doesn’t rank so I doubt they will send an email.

There is some movement but I don’t know how fast it is moving. Also VCOM Carolina doesn’t rank so I doubt they will send an email.

VCOM is still sending out interviews … maybe after they close interviews we will see some movement !

Wow I didn't know they were still doing interviews at this point in the cycle. I hope we hear something soon!

I just got the acceptance call!!

Accepted yesterday! Is there a groupme for VCOM-CC?

Hey everyone, do I need to submit my primary to each VCOM or can I just do it to one and it goes to all?

Hey everyone, do I need to submit my primary to each VCOM or can I just do it to one and it goes to all?
Just submit a single AACOMAS primary application to any VCOM Campus. The secondary should ask you to then rank your preference on campus location.

Just an fyi - VCOM is no longer optional attendance. Lectures are mandatory once again.

Hey y'all this might be a silly question, but is this a religious school? Filling out the secondary, it asked to rank if I was interested in going on mission trips, but I can't find anything online that says they're a religious school. Anyone know?

Hey y'all this might be a silly question, but is this a religious school? Filling out the secondary, it asked to rank if I was interested in going on mission trips, but I can't find anything online that says they're a religious school. Anyone know?
VCOM is not religiously affiliated. Please see more on their international and global missions here: International Outreach.

OOS, RD, 4.0 GPA, and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary/complete on 6/22 and haven't gotten any updates