2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is your status still like that? I submitted the secondary at the end of July and I still have that status.

No, I have the check on application complete. Still at screening though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Should I email them about my new clinical job which is not listed in the application?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who are waiting on a secondary, I just called today and was told that I was screened out, because my MCAT isn't 505~507. You guys should call and ask, and they'll specify!
I have a 504 from a retake <500, and I got a secondary.

For those of you who are waiting on a secondary, I just called today and was told that I was screened out, because my MCAT isn't 505~507. You guys should call and ask, and they'll specify!
I heard their min is 490 tho

yup so someone said that they want range 505-507 so I guess they don't give secondaries to anyone below that?
Just for the record everyone, that 505-507 range posted by the user who said that later clarified that they meant to post it in the William Carey University thread. Just FYI.

yup so someone said that they want range 505-507 so I guess they don't give secondaries to anyone below that?
Yes, they screen for sGPA 3.2, MCAT of 494, and being from the southeastern region. They don't send secondaries for people who don't meet these qualifications. However, you can always email them they are very good with replying and answering emails!

Members don't see this ad :)
They could just be a little backlogged. Probably wouldn't hurt to call or email them.
Agree! Last week they mentioned they got more than 5,400 applications so far. So it will take time to screen everyone and send secondaries.

received the application complete email 30 mins ago! in other words, my portal looks like this now
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 1.04.52 PM.png

for reference, I had everything submitted 7/11

Did anyone attend the Q&A zoom meeting yesterday and could share a quick summary of anything important discussed?

Reactions: 1 users
What influenced your decision to apply to VCOM? (e.g., personal or medical experiences; influences of friends/family/physicians/mentors; etc.) how did you guys answer this question on secondary?

Anyone's status stuck at 'Your file is incomplete and will be marked complete by an admissions committee member after screening"?

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone's status stuck at 'Your file is incomplete and will be marked complete by an admissions committee member after screening"?
When did you submit your secondary? I'm still at screening, but I submitted 8/13.

How did you guys prioritize your answers? I can't find what specialties are in shortage in those areas online.

"VCOM is dedicated to educating students in many medical specialties. Those specialties in shortage in
the Appalachian Region, Southeastern United States, and Delta Region are of particular interest to
VCOM. Please prioritize your current top three (in numerical order) of the specialties listed below.
Please be advised your response does not guarantee or exclude admission".

How did you guys prioritize your answers? I can't find what specialties are in shortage in those areas online.

"VCOM is dedicated to educating students in many medical specialties. Those specialties in shortage in
the Appalachian Region, Southeastern United States, and Delta Region are of particular interest to
VCOM. Please prioritize your current top three (in numerical order) of the specialties listed below.
Please be advised your response does not guarantee or exclude admission".
I was just honest about my interests. Incidentally, I had Family Medicine as 1st choice because that is what I'm most interested in currently with medical research (more like medical education, really. Don't remember there being that choice, though) and medical subspecialty being close 2nd and 3rd choices, respectively. Truthfully, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Il received today, application completed 8/16 OOS
Congrats! If you don't mind answering, when did you submit you secondary? Just wanna have an idea of how long it's taking for the app to be marked as complete, because mine has been "under review" for about 3 weeks.

I have a typo in one of my essays from a silly editing mistake. Is it worth emailing adcom about this to apologize and show that I am aware of it, or do I just let it be? IS, complete 8/25

I have a typo in one of my essays from a silly editing mistake. Is it worth emailing adcom about this to apologize and show that I am aware of it, or do I just let it be? IS, complete 8/25
If it's a small typo then I wouldn't worry about it b/c you don't want the adcom to think you're neurotic. As long as the typo doesn't change the meaning of your essay then you should be fine.

Could I get you guys' opinion on which school you prefer? So I currently have an A at ACOM. I haven't received an II from here yet, but hypothetically speaking if I did and subsequently was accepted where should I attend?

Anyone know what percentage of those interviewed were offered a spot in the previous years?

Anyone heard any updates? I still haven't been marked complete and I submitted on 8/1. I emailed on 8/25 and they said my application was in "the final stages of review for completeness". This is probably just a generic statement they give people asking for updates but I'm kind of going crazy here, even though it is still early.....

Anyone heard any updates? I still haven't been marked complete and I submitted on 8/1. I emailed on 8/25 and they said my application was in "the final stages of review for completeness". This is probably just a generic statement they give people asking for updates but I'm kind of going crazy here, even though it is still early.....
Hi we are all going crazy, we are in this together!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how long it typically takes for the whole secondary application to be complete? Mine has taken over a month and I submitted it 7/25!

II just now!

• Love
In the "Community" section, they ask, "Which best describes your experience in a rural area (defined as less than 25,000 people and greater than 30 miles from a population of greater than 100,000)? Please choose one."

Do you think this refers to the population of a town/city? I didn't think my town was considered rural but by this definition it qualifies.

submitted my secondary 8/13 and my status still shows "Your application is at screening" and application is incomplete until screening is done. Anyone else had to wait this long for screening?