2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you submit your secondary? I'm still at screening, but I submitted 8/13.
literally submitted same day as you and still at screening

Members don't see this ad.

submitted my secondary 8/13 and my status still shows "Your application is at screening" and application is incomplete until screening is done. Anyone else had to wait this long for screening?
I submitted my secondary 7/11. I did receive an email beginning of August asking about the last couple of upper level science credits and how I was planning on completing that. After I gave an answer, they said that it was then going to the admissions committee. Nothing since then.

That email was how I found out I was being considered for the Carolinas campus (I think). The person who emailed me had a VCOM - Carolinas banner in the email itself. I originally had the Virginia campus as top choice but Carolinas is my second choice so it's all good!

For those who got a II, what were your stats like? Thank you in advance.
I submitted my secondary 7/11. I did receive an email beginning of August asking about the last couple of upper level science credits and how I was planning on completing that. After I gave an answer, they said that it was then going to the admissions committee. Nothing since then.

That email was how I found out I was being considered for the Carolinas campus (I think). The person who emailed me had a VCOM - Carolinas banner in the email itself. I originally had the Virginia campus as top choice but Carolinas is my second choice so it's all good!
Does your application still show its under screening? or if not, how long did it take to show it was complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone emailed admissions to ask how long the process to complete the application takes? I submitted my secondary 7/25, and it still says that my application is incomplete.

Has anyone emailed admissions to ask how long the process to complete the application takes? I submitted my secondary 7/25, and it still says that my application is incomplete.
I emailed them today to ask about the status of my application. I figure they'll get back to me sometime this week.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted 07/19 and emailed them last week. They basically told me it takes a while due to the number of applicants so it’s pretty much a waiting game. We just have to be patient.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview done last week, they said we could hear in as early as two-three weeks!

Interview done last week, they said we could hear in as early as two-three weeks!
Congrats! How long between submitting your secondary, getting marked complete, and interview invite? I submitted 8/1 and still "under review".

So I applied awhile ago and submitted my secondary application on July 17th and since then it's just said "Your application is incomplete and will be marked complete by admissions after screening." and it's been labeled as at screening. Is this normal? feels like it's abnormally long

So I applied awhile ago and submitted my secondary application on July 17th and since then it's just said "Your application is incomplete and will be marked complete by admissions after screening." and it's been labeled as at screening. Is this normal? feels like it's abnormally long
I’m not sure if it’s normal, but I feel like it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I turned in my application 8/11 and I got an email 9/9 saying my application is now considered complete and is being reviewed and they will provide update on my status once it’s finished being reviewed. And on my portal all my boxes now have a green check mark.

I’m not sure if it’s normal, but I feel like it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I turned in my application 8/11 and I got an email 9/9 saying my application is now considered complete and is being reviewed and they will provide update on my status once it’s finished being reviewed. And on my portal all my boxes now have a green check mark.
Okay, thank you. I'll be sure just to check in on it

Members don't see this ad :)
who has a number we can call regarding this "Your application is incomplete and will be marked complete by admissions after screening." ? I see a lot of people having the same problem.

who has a number we can call regarding this "Your application is incomplete and will be marked complete by admissions after screening." ? I see a lot of people having the same problem.
Just curious, have you emailed them yet? I am in the same situation, was planning to call/email. Submitted secondary 8/13.

Just curious, have you emailed them yet? I am in the same situation, was planning to call/email. Submitted secondary 8/13.
I submitted on 8/1 and called last week Thursday. The admissions person told me it's a waiting game. I know that's not what we want to hear, but it's what he said. I did just take the MCAT again this past Friday and told him that, and he said to send over the results as soon as they are available in case that makes a difference. It is very annoying...

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone submit around 7/20 and still not marked complete? I emailed them a month again asking about the status and they said I’m in the final stages of review. Now a month later from that still nothing. Should I contact again or am I just being impatient haha.

Anyone submit around 7/20 and still not marked complete? I emailed them a month again asking about the status and they said I’m in the final stages of review. Now a month later from that still nothing. Should I contact again or am I just being impatient haha.
Me. submitted 7/28, coursework issue emailed 8/3 and solved 8/5. No further communication since then. **sad face

Hi everyone! I am an incoming OMS-1 at VCOM Carolinas Campus. If you have any questions or need input about the application cycle for VCOM I would be glad to give any assistance that I can. Just message me on here!
Thanks buddy, can you let me know the types of questions that I need to be prepared for the interview, sent you a private message as well. Thanks for the help

It feels like this acceptance was early. I'm still hoping they send me an II. My app is still marked as "screening."

WOW that was quick, they got back to you quickly. CONGRATULATIONS
They said they'd let us know in two weeks- it was exactly two weeks after my interview. A friend of mine heard back from their Auburn campus in just over one week! Her interview was in the week after mine, she heard two days before I did!

Anyone submitted primary around end of August, but still no secondary? I wonder if I got screened out. CARS 123... ESL
I applied for all the campuses of VCOM. Received no secondary from any of them.

Anyone submitted primary around end of August, but still no secondary? I wonder if I got screened out. CARS 123... ESL
My cars is lower and I got a secondary. There’s only one secondary portal for all campuses, so you should received only one secondary app.

I received a secondary without an MCAT so maybe MCAT scores are not considered

I submitted my primary beginning of August and received the email that my app is under review on 08/10. Still haven't heard anything about a secondary since then. Would this be an appropriate time to call and check on the status of my application?

I submitted my primary beginning of August and received the email that my app is under review on 08/10. Still haven't heard anything about a secondary since then. Would this be an appropriate time to call and check on the status of my application?
I think I will probably call this afternoon and see what happened lol. Honestly if they use one portal, I dont know which number we should call.

I think I will probably call this afternoon and see what happened lol. Honestly if they use one portal, I dont know which number we should call.
I think I will call the number for the Carolinas campus. Hopefully they will have some answers!

Has anyone interviewed at VCOM(Blacksburg)? How was the interview? Trying to find out how I should prepare for it? Thank you very much.

Do people still have application incomplete. I released my MCAT score 1 week ago and it's been verified by AACOMAS, so VCOM should have my score but it's still showing as incomplete.

Email 7/28 that my application has been received and under review for a secondary. Now 9/22 still no secondary should I email admissions, wait, or just take it as a R?
i didn't get a secondary either. I think its an R. I have no ties to the regions that VCOM targets.

i didn't get a secondary either. I think its an R. I have no ties to the regions that VCOM targets.
I personally would say to shoot a quick email or even call just to see where they may be in regards of reviewing for a secondary. Sometimes things happen and admissions is honestly super nice.

I don't necessarily think it's a R, but it does put us at a disadvantage to be considered late. I've emailed them twice about it, and they said that mine is still under review for a secondary.

Just got an acceptance! I wish every one of y’all the best of luck on this cycle! We will all end up where we are supposed to be!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got an acceptance call as well!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey, I just checked my portal and everything has been in but it has not been marked complete..... this is like months now do I reach out?

Hey, I just checked my portal and everything has been in but it has not been marked complete..... this is like months now do I reach out?
I’ve asked this as well. I’m not sure. I did but they never answered my question.

I remember during one virtual zoom meeting they had for an event, they said it was okay to reach out if it's been awhile since you've turned in your app and it still isn't marked complete.

Anyone else who submitted in August still waiting on being marked complete?

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else who submitted in August still waiting on being marked complete?
Yes me too! As I said in the Virginia thread, I am waiting for my MCAT re-take score to come out in mid-October to contact admissions AGAIN. I have emailed about x2 (last email was 3 weeks ago) and they said to just wait... but it has taken FOREVER.