2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
My application was finally marked as complete.

Reactions: 1 user
I also got the acceptance call today, Interview was 9/20 for reference. Feel free to PM for any other questions.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Received complete email on 10/1, submitted secondary on 8/30. OOS (NC)!

I am just very confused on the order and process of completion because it seems people who submitted later are being complete before! I applied last year and it was fairly quick.
Yeah idk what to make of it honestly! But at this point its out of my hands. I’ve done all I can and will simply leave my fate up to the adcom gods

i applied mid august they dont even have me complete on the website

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have interviewed here, can you share your experience, what type of questions they asked, and how it went overall?

To those who submitted secondaries in July/August and are still marked incomplete/at screening on the app portal, admissions just emailed me and informed me that the reason for this is because I have not yet been assigned a campus for review and once I am assigned, I will receive a confirmation email from the assigned VCOM campus. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Finally marked as complete! Submitted my secondary on 8/24. Now hoping to get an interview *fingers crossed*

For those who had a ‘complete’ email notification- did it specify which campus?

Secondary submitted 08/25, application complete email 10/05. Does anyone know how long it takes to be reviewed for an interview after receiving this email?

finally marked complete, submitted secondary mid august. No specification for campus though.

Anyone else NOT complete? :( Submitted mid-august, no campus specification.

Reactions: 1 users
Has the next round of interview invites been released? I’m hoping to be invited.

Does anyone know if VCOM accepts a letter from an employer as an academic letter or rec? I'm non-trad and have been out of school for 10 years. I got an email from VCOM saying that my academic letter of rec hasn't been received but I listed my lab director from work in lieu of an academic letter.

Does anyone know if VCOM accepts a letter from an employer as an academic letter or rec? I'm non-trad and have been out of school for 10 years. I got an email from VCOM saying that my academic letter of rec hasn't been received but I listed my lab director from work in lieu of an academic letter.
Definitely email and ask them. They are very responsive.

Hi everyone! I am an incoming OMS-1 at VCOM Carolinas Campus. If you have any questions or need input about the application cycle for VCOM I would be glad to give any assistance that I can. Just message me on here!
Hello, I have an interview with VCOM Carolinas next week. How do you like the school so far?

IS, accepted yesterday! :D Interview was October 5th for reference

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
No, much too early to worry. Someone I know interviewed in late February and was accepted in early March.

• Care
I haven’t heard from them. Should I be worried? Anyone know when interview spots get filled?
I haven't heard back from them since around August when someone from their Admissions office emailed me about a couple of credits of higher level science classes that I was missing. I mentioned that I was taking a 300 level Bio class this fall semester and that satisfied them. I haven't been considered "complete" on their application portal, though. At this rate, I'm assuming that won't happen until I send the update about the class with the grade. That isn't happening until December, though lol. I'm not really worried, though.
No, much too early to worry. Someone I know interviewed in late February and was accepted in early March.
I think this is the big takeaway. The process is still going on so I wouldn't count it as a loss.

• Care
Hi everyone! I emailed admissions last week about my application status and they replied today saying that it is "in review" but that there is no way of knowing if it has been reviewed or is in line to be reviewed. They did tell me the campus I was assigned to for review, so if that's something you want to know, send them an email. For reference, I submitted on 8/1 and was marked complete on 10/4.

Hi everyone! I emailed admissions last week about my application status and they replied today saying that it is "in review" but that there is no way of knowing if it has been reviewed or is in line to be reviewed. They did tell me the campus I was assigned to for review, so if that's something you want to know, send them an email. For reference, I submitted on 8/1 and was marked complete on 10/4.
I was marked complete 10/1. Haven’t heard back from them. I knew I was assigned a campus but not sure where. I’m hoping I get an interview. My MCAT is on the very low side.

I was marked complete 10/1. Haven’t heard back from them. I knew I was assigned a campus but not sure where. I’m hoping I get an interview. My MCAT is on the very low side.
I'm in the same boat as you... fingers crossed we get that II!

Does anyone know why VCOM campuses are marked as “accredited with heightened monitoring?”

I have just received an email with a personal invitation to meet with the VP of recruitment and application services for VCOM at the University of South Florida where I graduated from. Anyone else receive a similar email? I am confused, anxious, and excited. I also I think this could be an opportunity to gain more connections and introduce myself.

Did anyone not get a secondary??? I emailed them on 8/23 about not receiving one and they said to "keep an eye out". MCAT more competitive for MD but GPA on par for DO...

I have just received an email with a personal invitation to meet with the VP of recruitment and application services for VCOM at the University of South Florida where I graduated from. Anyone else receive a similar email? I am confused, anxious, and excited. I also I think this could be an opportunity to gain more connections and introduce myself.
I graduated from USF as well and received the same email earlier today. I'm guessing it was sent to anyone who listed that they went to USF on their app, but I'm sure it would be an interesting event and opportunity to connect and gain some insight on the process. Unfortunately, I no longer live in the area so I will not be able to attend, but I hope you have a good experience if you end up going! Feel free to update us if you do decide to go and are willing to share! 😊

I'm currently in the USF MSP3 program & we have multiple medical schools come just for a Q&A session with today being VCOM, just for some insight!

Did anyone not get a secondary??? I emailed them on 8/23 about not receiving one and they said to "keep an eye out". MCAT more competitive for MD but GPA on par for DO...
I still have not received a secondary...I'm wondering if I should email admissions today...

I still have not received a secondary...I'm wondering if I should email admissions today...
I emailed them and they replied back "Your application is still in review for a possible secondary" lol

I emailed admissions because I still haven't heard back as far as rejection or II goes, and my file has been marked complete since mid-August. This was their reply:

"Your application is currently in the final stage of review for completeness. This can take a while due to the amount of applicants in the system. You will want to keep an eye on your email (junk/spam) this is how we will contact you."

I think it is strange that they used the words "review for completeness" when on my end it is marked as complete. Anyone else have a similar situation occurring?

Hoping I hear something soon! The waiting game is a killer. Good luck everyone!!

I emailed admissions because I still haven't heard back as far as rejection or II goes, and my file has been marked complete since mid-August. This was their reply:

"Your application is currently in the final stage of review for completeness. This can take a while due to the amount of applicants in the system. You will want to keep an eye on your email (junk/spam) this is how we will contact you."

I think it is strange that they used the words "review for completeness" when on my end it is marked as complete. Anyone else have a similar situation occurring?

Hoping I hear something soon! The waiting game is a killer. Good luck everyone!!

They emailed me back today as well and basically said the same thing. My app is marked as 'In Screening'. I guess we just have to wait. It is so hard.

They emailed me back today as well and basically said the same thing. My app is marked as 'In Screening'. I guess we just have to wait. It is so hard.
I am also in screening. My application was marked as complete on 9/3

Does anybody know if VCOM - Louisiana and VCOM - Carolinas is safe? Because google says that Monroe LA and Spartanburg SC is very dangerous. I have read many articles about that. Does anybody live there, how is the area?

Does anybody know if VCOM - Louisiana and VCOM - Carolinas is safe? Because google says that Monroe LA and Spartanburg SC is very dangerous. I have read many articles about that. Does anybody live there, how is the area?
I have never lived in Spartanburg, but my friends have lived there for a year now and have not mentioned that it is dangerous. I visited them and felt comfortable walking around at least.

I received the same email, however mine is still at screening and hasn’t been marked as complete. Super confusing lol