2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have this GPA and I am located in a "target state" (at least I think I am) so idk why I haven't received a secondary....
I think you should email them, I sent them an email saying that I didn’t get a secondary. They told me that they sent it 5 days ago, but the email must not have gone through. Then, they sent me the secondary right away.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should email them, I sent them an email saying that I didn’t get a secondary. They told me that they sent it 5 days ago, but the email must not have gone through. Then, they sent me the secondary right away.
Idk about that. That sounds pretty aggressive to tell them you didn’t get a secondary can you send one. 😅

I actually emailed them asking if I was assigned a campus. They said yes (SC) and to be patient.
I’m waiting on the II

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve already emailed and they gave me a general “our committee reviews to determine if you will get a secondary” honestly idk what the hold up is for. I’ve attended a bunch of their virtual physician and other events and stuff. I’ll try again if i don’t get it by December

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve already emailed and they gave me a general “our committee reviews to determine if you will get a secondary” honestly idk what the hold up is for. I’ve attended a bunch of their virtual physician and other events and stuff. I’ll try again if i don’t get it by December
Oh I understand. I hope you get it soon

Idk about that. That sounds pretty aggressive to tell them you didn’t get a secondary can you send one. 😅

I actually emailed them asking if I was assigned a campus. They said yes (SC) and to be patient.
I’m waiting on the II
It is aggressive I guess, but I didn’t want to be late in the cycle. Congratulations, I hope you get an interview soon

• Care
Thanks for the information. I was afraid because google says that it is very dangerous, I guess you can’t always trust google huh?
I've lived in Greenville my whole life (30 min from Spartanburg.) From my experience Spartanburg is pretty safe as long as you stay on the right side of town. I feel like that applies to any city though.

Interviewed here yesterday! Was very relaxed.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
was accepted here last week. first acceptance of the cycle, I'm stoked. keep it up homies. Interview was very very easy. Very conversational unlike other interviews I have had which were just an onslaught of questions.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
was accepted here last week. first acceptance of the cycle, I'm stoked. keep it up homies. Interview was very very easy. Very conversational unlike other interviews I have had which were just an onslaught of questions.

If you don’t mind me asking, when did you interview? Thanks!

I'm interviewing on Monday but I don't see a link for the Interview Update Form in the confirmation email. Am I just missing where it is in the email or does someone else have this problem?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing on Monday but I don't see a link for the Interview Update Form in the confirmation email. Am I just missing where it is in the email or does someone else have this problem?
It is actually in the portal. Check there!

wow I thought I'd been to a relaxed interview before but this one takes the cake, it was awesome

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone that was complete in September heard back about an II yet? Whether it’s a pre-II rejection or II? I’m from Maine, which is out of their geographical “target range”

what's the verdict on sending thank you letters after interviewing here? one of my interviewers gave me his email, but the others did not. should i just send him a thank you letter or should i send a general one to admissions for all 3 of my interviewers? would appreciate some thoughts on this!

what's the verdict on sending thank you letters after interviewing here? one of my interviewers gave me his email, but the others did not. should i just send him a thank you letter or should i send a general one to admissions for all 3 of my interviewers? would appreciate some thoughts on this!

If you email the person who runs the interview day, she will give you their contact information.

Finally got an email saying my application is complete! Submitted the secondary back in July lol.

Reactions: 2 users
if you are assigned a campus for review after being marked complete is that the campus you are being considered for an interview invite for or does that admissions committee decide which campus best suits you?

If you were to miss the II call, do they leave a voicemail and/or email you?

How long did it take everyone to be marked complete? I submitted my secondary on 9/26 and my application states the following:
Your application is incomplete and will be marked complete by admissions after screening

All my other documents and secondary are marked as complete.

Last edited:
How long did it take everyone to be marked complete? I submitted my secondary on 9/26 and my application states the following:
Your application is incomplete and will be marked complete by admissions after screening

All my other documents and secondary are marked as complete.
It took a little over 3 months for me

Also, take your unknown numbers to silence off, if you have it on, because it didnt even notify me of the voicemails for my II until a few days later, and they called three time, but through so muc ph blessing they still let me interview and were quite nice about it

Accepted just now via phone! The interview was amazing and looking forward to this school.

Stats:
LizzyM 68
Good to excellent ECs
Non trad
Can do a 1 arm push-up as long as I’m using both arms
Still stuck on the last level of crash bandicoot

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the A phone call earlier today as well!! Super excited, especially after how great the interview day was! 😊

Reactions: 4 users
Got the A phone call earlier today as well!! Super excited, especially after how great the interview day was! 😊
Accepted just now via phone! The interview was amazing and looking forward to this school.

Stats:
LizzyM 68
Good to excellent ECs
Non trad
Can do a 1 arm push-up as long as I’m using both arms
Still stuck on the last level of crash bandicoot
Great news!!!! Might I ask what day you interviewed? Waiting to hear myself.

Received complete email today. submitted my secondary mid June.

Interviewed on 11/15 and haven't heard anything... hopefully they're not taking extra long to give me a cordial rejection lol

Interviewed on 11/15 and haven't heard anything... hopefully they're not taking extra long to give me a cordial rejection lol
Same. I wanna say that it’s because of the holidays and everyone was out of office for the week.

Anyone else marked complete in August and haven't heard anything? When I go on the portal it says "your application is at screening" under status

Finally got my complete email today! Secondary was sent beginning of august

Just got accepted this afternoon by phone call!! Pretty hyped about it. I was worried since some of the people I interviewed with already got their decisions.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! What was the date of your interview ?
11/15. I emailed admissions and they said decisions are somewhat delayed due to the Thanksgiving Break, so don't sweat it if you are waiting on yours :)

Got the complete email last month. Hoping to get an interview!