2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an II!
OOS from Texas but very strong Ties to Louisiana
Complete 9/22
II received 9/23
502 mcat
High gpa
Student athlete and lots of clinical experience

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted student here, can’t really help much on timeline questions but feel free to pm me about anything else!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the proper way to withdraw my application from here?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I emailed admissions last week about my application status and they replied today saying that it is "in review" but that there is no way of knowing if it has been reviewed or is in line to be reviewed. They did tell me the campus I was assigned to for review, so if that's something you want to know, send them an email. For reference, I submitted on 8/1 and was marked complete on 10/4.

II!! Please PM me if you have any tips - I am very excited for this school!!

I was just accepted to VCOM Louisiana yesterday! I interviewed on 10/21 so it only took them 6 days to get back to me. Louisiana resident, MCAT 503, cGPA 3.68, not sure sGPA (probs around 3.3-3.4), currently have 4.0 in masters program. please feel free to dm me for more info or questions :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I was accepted last week through email. I interviewed in mid-October.

Reactions: 3 users
I received an II!
OOS from Texas but very strong Ties to Louisiana
Complete 9/22
II received 9/23
502 mcat
High gpa
Student athlete and lots of clinical experience
Accepted last week, and went on a tour this weekend

Congrats to everyone who received an II and was accepted! How long did you take you guys to hear back for an II after being complete? Best of luck to all!!

Congrats to everyone who received an II and was accepted! How long did you take you guys to hear back for an II after being complete? Best of luck to all!!
I received an invite for a secondary application on Jul 13, I submitted my secondary application on Aug 3, my application was marked complete on Sep 7, and I got my interview invite on Oct 15. It took them 6 days for me to get my acceptance call after that! Hope that helps with wondering about timelines for others too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know where their 3rd and 4th year students do clinical rotations? My understanding is that there aren't any teaching hospitals in Northeast LA.

I got an II the day after receiving my "complete" email; it took me 4 weeks to hear about getting accepted.
The committee meets every 2 weeks from what I was told

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know where their 3rd and 4th year students do clinical rotations? My understanding is that there aren't any teaching hospitals in Northeast LA.

They’re posted on the website. From my understanding, the Louisiana list isn’t complete at this time since they haven’t had anyone at this campus do rotations yet. However, this could be incorrect.

Hi you all
I just got II but only 2 days in December are avail for the interview and I can't attend either days. Are spots open as time goes by? if applicants cancel or change their days?
Thanks
Hi! When were you complete? I emailed the campus a general question the other week and never heard back

Hi! When were you complete? I emailed the campus a general question the other week and never heard back
I was complete in June. I also emailed about interview dates availability. We will see!

Accepted 09/28, putting deposit down this week! Stats: MCAT 504/506/507 GPA 3.71

Hi you all
I just got II but only 2 days in December are avail for the interview and I can't attend either days. Are spots open as time goes by? if applicants cancel or change their days?
Thanks

------
I was complete in June. LM 70
When I signed up for my interview it said you had 30 days to sign up for a spot so they might offer some later in December or in January

I interviewed here on 11/18 and loved it! Has anyone else who interviewed that week heard anything back yet?

Hey everybody
I recently got accepted here and they sent an email with a facebook group that has only 26 members. The class size is 160 students so there are plenty of room for interviews + acceptances. I spoke to the admission here recently and they said interview stuff in December is over and they will resume interviews next year. Good luck everyone

Hey everybody
I recently got accepted here and they sent an email with a facebook group that has only 26 members. The class size is 160 students so there are plenty of room for interviews + acceptances. I spoke to the admission here recently and they said interview stuff in December is over and they will resume interviews next year. Good luck everyone
Many students may be reluctant to join a fb group, since they are often times public and therefore their membership would be visible to anyone, including admissions committees at colleges higher on their list. Or, like you said, the majority of their class is unfilled.

I tried to make a group me link (if it doesn’t work just pm me and I’ll add you!! )

2022-2023 Calendar has been released. OMS1 will begin July 11, 2022.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else just get an interview invite? I am so excited! I interview in 3 days, so soon!

Any advice for the interviews? Is it open file?

Any advice for the interviews? Is it open file?
I had a great experience! I was given the advice to just be myself and think that speaks volumes. It was really conversational and fun too. I hope it goes well for you! I’m still waiting to hear back from mine earlier this month :)

Interviewed 1/11, acceptance call received this morning!! :giggle: So excited to get started!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an acceptance call!! :)
I posted a groupMe link for accepted students on the Facebook page :) congrats to everyone that’s been accepted :) please join the groupMe :) !!! (If you want to of course)

II received. but I will be declining this interview.
Interview dates are 2/9, 2/14 and 2/16

Last edited:
I got the A phone call today!!! So excited!