2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who interviewed late October receive a decision yet?

Members don't see this ad.

how long are the interviews? also its only 1 person correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday. LM 74. Placed on hold for re-review forever ago.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Covid is almost over but my application is still on quarantine since August.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
II today, placed on hold many months ago.

• Love
I'm glad I thought to check this forum. Just saw I'm on Pre-II hold on the portal (no email). IS-ish. LM 69 and WARS 91. Le sigh

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy s***! Just checked the portal expecting to see the same message about my file being on hold and instead found an II. Totally unexpected, but so so thankful! I sent an update letter just yesterday so I'm wondering if that's what pushed me over into receiving an II
Congrats! Happy things worked out for you. If you don't mind me asking, what did you include in your update letter? I want to send an update regarding a clinical position I started after submitting my primary but I'm hesitant because I see a lot of people on the forum saying that I should avoid sending updates unless it's an award, scholarship, pub, etc. I've worked over 500 hours at this point and feel that it's pretty significant.

Thanks for any response but I also understand if you wanna keep things to yourself!

Congrats! Happy things worked out for you. If you don't mind me asking, what did you include in your update letter? I want to send an update regarding a clinical position I started after submitting my primary but I'm hesitant because I see a lot of people on the forum saying that I should avoid sending updates unless it's an award, scholarship, pub, etc. I've worked over 500 hours at this point and feel that it's pretty significant.

Thanks for any response but I also understand if you wanna keep things to yourself!
I was hesitant to send my update as well, however, I had several things to update on. For instance, one activity was leadership heavy and another was a rather unique hobby.

If all your update would say is that you’ve worked an additional 500 hrs since submitting your secondary, your update would essentially be meaningless (not to be harsh). They expect you to be doing something during the cycle, so you’re not going to suddenly increase your chances for an interview just because you stayed busy.

I was hesitant to send my update as well, however, I had several things to update on. For instance, one activity was leadership heavy and another was a rather unique hobby.

If all your update would say is that you’ve worked an additional 500 hrs since submitting your secondary, your update would essentially be meaningless (not to be harsh). They expect you to be doing something during the cycle, so you’re not going to suddenly increase your chances for an interview just because you stayed busy.
Gotcha! The clinical hours I reported on my primary were pretty low so it feels like the main thing that could sink my app. I've only considered updating them because in both of the traditional interviews I had so far my interviewers mentioned I should email the admissions office with an update on my clinical position.

Thank you and best of luck this cycle :thumbup:

Accepted!! Doesn’t feel real!! Ahh!!
Submitted secondary Aug21, interviewed Oct 28, and accepted today!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Gotcha! The clinical hours I reported on my primary were pretty low so it feels like the main thing that could sink my app. I've only considered updating them because in both of the traditional interviews I had so far my interviewers mentioned I should email the admissions office with an update on my clinical position.

Thank you and best of luck this cycle :thumbup:
I think if it’s a NEW position they didn’t even know about, I don’t see why not include it?

I’d phrase less as I worked 500 hours and more wow I started this awesome new opportunity that really showed this and I really gained/learned to value/understand that and it somethinged my passion to do blank!

I think if it’s a NEW position they didn’t even know about, I don’t see why not include it?

I’d phrase less as I worked 500 hours and more wow I started this awesome new opportunity that really showed this and I really gained/learned to value/understand that and it somethinged my passion to do blank!
In that case I agree with the above! I’m nowhere near an adcom, so this is solely off of what other adcoms have said to me. If there’s even a slightest chance for more significant updates (ie. pubs, promotion) maybe try to wait a little before updating? If not, then go ahead! why not try!

Like the above says, it should read less like a resume and more 1) I did this 2) which taught me this 3) which aligns with this in your program. Another tip, make it personal to the school and not something you could easily copy paste to each school. For example, I mentioned a recent article from GW I read, how it related to what I was doing, and how it made me even more excited/eager about GW.

Accepted!!! So happy!! Secondary submitted 8/11, Interviewed 10/19 (Re-applicant). Good luck to everybody!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Firstly, congrats on that acceptance!! Wishing you all the best throughout medical school. As for the update, I wrote it in the style that you'd write a works/activities statement. I added what I learned from it and how it's affected my perspective on medicine, but I also mentioned the hours briefly at the start. So far I've only sent the updates to the schools in which the gap year job was discussed in my interview.

Thank you guys though! Just wanted to gather some opinions. Best of luck to all those accepted :thumbup:

In that case I agree with the above! I’m nowhere near an adcom, so this is solely off of what other adcoms have said to me. If there’s even a slightest chance for more significant updates (ie. pubs, promotion) maybe try to wait a little before updating? If not, then go ahead! why not try!

Like the above says, it should read less like a resume and more 1) I did this 2) which taught me this 3) which aligns with this in your program. Another tip, make it personal to the school and not something you could easily copy paste to each school. For example, I mentioned a recent article from GW I read, how it related to what I was doing, and how it made me even more excited/eager about GW.
Gotcha! I'll take your advice for my future updates :thumbup:

Does this school typically interview a lot of people OOS? I haven’t heard anything yet and that makes me somewhat hopeful but I know it may be a delayed R, hahaha. I was complete in august

Reactions: 1 users
Does this school typically interview a lot of people OOS? I haven’t heard anything yet and that makes me somewhat hopeful but I know it may be a delayed R, hahaha. I was complete in august
According to the msar, most of their matriculants are OOS. The data is a little funky though, because D.C. isn't a state. On msar, it lists all the interviewees as OOS ( 0 IS) but it lists 9 matriculants and IS and the rest as OOS. I know this isn't super clear but hopefully it's a little helpful!

Yes, the majority of matriculants and interviewees are OOS as virtually no one is a DC resident.

For all my fellow waitlistees, anyone know how early it's possible to get off the waitlist? I was on the waitlist at GW last cycle as well, but the timeline was a little different with COVID.

For all my fellow waitlistees, anyone know how early it's possible to get off the waitlist? I was on the waitlist at GW last cycle as well, but the timeline was a little different with COVID.
would like to know as well

Did those of you who uploaded update letters see those letters in the portal? I received email confirmation, but do not actually see the letter in my portal.

Did those of you who uploaded update letters see those letters in the portal? I received email confirmation, but do not actually see the letter in my portal.
I Remember last cycle they explained that you won't actually be able to see anything that you post in the portal so be sure to save a copy of it for yourself

I was just placed on the alternate interviewed 10/26. ://

• Care
Hold for a few months, complete 7/29, average stats ORM but public health/community health eco, II still possible?

Hey guys, I know that now that it is past thanksgiving and I've been on hold since late August, maybe I should send an update letter. The only thing is I don't have any major updates that I could give. GW is my top school but I don't know what I could say in that letter. Should i even send one? Would it help my chances?

Hey guys, I know that now that it is past thanksgiving and I've been on hold since late August, maybe I should send an update letter. The only thing is I don't have any major updates that I could give. GW is my top school but I don't know what I could say in that letter. Should i even send one? Would it help my chances?
+1

hey accepted students, did you receive a confirmation email after submitting your assigned offer of acceptance? submitted mine over a week ago and havent heard back yet and the deadline is friday

I was always told that if you don't have any significant updates, then it won't look good to write a letter about nothing. Maybe you can start a new volunteering activity and then write about it. Or maybe you can write a letter of continued interest if you don't hear anything by January.

how long does it take to hear back after interview

hey accepted students, did you receive a confirmation email after submitting your assigned offer of acceptance? submitted mine over a week ago and havent heard back yet and the deadline is friday
I didn’t and I’m getting a bit anxious about it. Maybe it’s worth calling — what’re they gonna do, unaccept me for bothering them to make sure my seat is secured?

I didn’t and I’m getting a bit anxious about it. Maybe it’s worth calling — what’re they gonna do, unaccept me for bothering them to make sure my seat is secured?
I am also anxious. I have tried calling but no one is there and the message system says to contact them via email. If others haven't heard back, I'm sure they received them and just haven't gotten to processing everything yet.

II on 11/18 (was never on hold, but submitted kinda late in August/September so not sure about that). 504 MCAT and 3.9 GPA strong focus on underserved and immigrant populations. Bit worried about how meaningful an invite even is since they interview such a large number of students, but guess we'll find out!

Got the A this morning around 9!!! Does anyone on here know how long it takes to receive the second email with the full acceptance packet? All this one said is that it will be sent to me “soon” ..... I’m so worried that this might be a mistake like Mayo or Cincy so I haven’t told my mom yet 😐