2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the A this morning around 9!!! Does anyone on here know how long it takes to receive the second email with the full acceptance packet? All this one said is that it will be sent to me “soon” ..... I’m so worried that this might be a mistake like Mayo or Cincy so I haven’t told my mom yet 😐
I got mine like an hour and a half later. Mine did go to my spam though so check there too!

Members don't see this ad.

Got the A this morning around 9!!! Does anyone on here know how long it takes to receive the second email with the full acceptance packet? All this one said is that it will be sent to me “soon” ..... I’m so worried that this might be a mistake like Mayo or Cincy so I haven’t told my mom yet 😐
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed today and can also say my interview was all rapid fire! Did anyone else with this experience get an A? I just do not know what to think!

Interviewed today and can also say my interview was all rapid fire! Did anyone else with this experience get an A? I just do not know what to think!
I interviewed 11/30 and mine was also rapid fire. Seemed all questions were from a sheet of questions apart from one follow-up question related to the specific answer I gave.

I just got a II today (scheduled for January) after being on pre-II hold from late July to early August (do not remember exactly when I was placed on hold).

Reactions: 5 users
Received the A (first one!!!) yesterday morning after being waitlisted last year and ultimately having to re-apply. What a surreal feeling. (Interviewed 11/4).

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
i interviewed 11/12 and have yet to hear back from GW. Do u think it would be a good idea to send in a letter of intent stating they are my topchoice?

wait, what happened with mayo and cincy?

Reactions: 1 user
wait, what happened with mayo and cincy?
Both schools (Mayo last cycle, and Cincy this cycle) sent A's to the wrong groups of applicants and then had to take them back. I think Mayo accidentally sent A's to all those on the WL, and Cincy sent them to all their Rs

Members don't see this ad :)
How far out are interviews being scheduled right now? I’m still hoping for an II :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone gotten an II here with a 520+ MCAT? I see none on the excel sheet tracker, but wondering if sdn has a few. I really love this school and sent an update/LOI, but I am worried I could still be yield protected.

How many people get rejected right after an II without going on the alternate

Anyone interviewed recently and has some feedback? got mine coming up and I am nervous

Got a call from the Dean last Friday and went into voicemail. Haven't heard anything since then. Do they call when rejecting? Should I call the admissions office?

Got a call from the Dean last Friday and went into voicemail. Haven't heard anything since then. Do they call when rejecting? Should I call the admissions office?
There is no chance they call when rejecting lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone gotten an II here with a 520+ MCAT? I see none on the excel sheet tracker, but wondering if sdn has a few. I really love this school and sent an update/LOI, but I am worried I could still be yield protected.
yes but I am on the alternate list

Been on hold since like early September. ORM 515 MCAT 3.34 GPA. So not the best stats, but doing a MPH and finishing up some pubs. Should I take this as an R?

Yes, I interviewed in Oct and was accepted in late Nov! I do have a lower GPA tho so that may have prevented the yield protect

II received this afternoon! Complete on 07/23 and on hold since about September. Stats are in my signature :)

Reactions: 5 users
Last cycle I was on hold from October till end of interviews in March. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen again 🙃

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
When you submit an update letter can you see it on your portal? I'm 99% sure I already submitted one to GW but I don't see anything so I'm wondering if it didn't go through?

When you submit an update letter can you see it on your portal? I'm 99% sure I already submitted one to GW but I don't see anything so I'm wondering if it didn't go through?
You can’t see it, but I believe I got an email confirming it.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know what the attire is for this student panel today? Also do people normally have cameras on or off?

Does anybody know what the attire is for this student panel today? Also do people normally have cameras on or off?
I e-mailed since I was on a trip in the middle of the panel months ago and they said it was okay to have my camera off. I asked questions in the chat either way and I dont think anyone minded but I was only one or two people with it off. I would say dress professionally but I wouldn't go to the extent of wearing a tie or jacket.

I went on one last week. Business casual is fine. You don't have to have the camera on, but most in my group did. The students were chill and it was very informative. Best of luck with your interview!

Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after an interview? I interviewed this past Thursday. Thanks!

what does it say on the portal if you have been accepted?
first it says something like "email correspondence has been sent regarding the status of your application" then once you send in the acceptance agreement it says "Your signed Notice of Acceptance has been received. We look forward to having you join us in the fall!"

first it says something like "email correspondence has been sent regarding the status of your application" then once you send in the acceptance agreement it says "Your signed Notice of Acceptance has been received. We look forward to having you join us in the fall!"
How long did it take to change to the latter? I sent in my signed form of acceptance 10 days ago and it still only says the former.

How long did it take to change to the latter? I sent in my signed form of acceptance 10 days ago and it still only says the former.
how long after interview did you get the acceptance notice? and did you submit letter of intent or interest?

how long after interview did you get the acceptance notice? and did you submit letter of intent or interest?
I was emailed an acceptance offer approx 4 weeks after my interview. No letter of interest or intent, but I pretty much stated this in my interview (was also interviewed here last year and waitlisted).

I was emailed an acceptance offer approx 4 weeks after my interview. No letter of interest or intent, but I pretty much stated this in my interview (was also interviewed here last year and waitlisted).
thank you for getting back!

Hi! I want to send an update on the portal with new activities I’m a part of- does anyone know if I copy and paste my update letter to the message box or submit it as a PDF under the file submission? Not sure if it matters but wanted to see what others did!

Hi! I want to send an update on the portal with new activities I’m a part of- does anyone know if I copy and paste my update letter to the message box or submit it as a PDF under the file submission? Not sure if it matters but wanted to see what others did!
They prefer if you attach it as a PDF. Convert the word to PDF and attach it.