2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now but will be not be taking.... hope it goes to another excited applicant in this thread!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
II earlier today, will be declining so good luck to everyone! Scheduling was at the end of January. Also, I was on hold before receiving this II

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
II earlier today, will be declining so good luck to everyone! Scheduling was at the end of January. Also, I was on hold before receiving this II
Do you know your hold date? Roughly? Also congrats!

Do people who got into alternate list got invited to student panel events? I'm reading some posts about student panels but I haven't gotten any email about it...?

II -- just saw on the portal that I will get an email soon (I check it daily, so this is new). Submitted early early July, been on hold since the end of July, sent an update mid-November. Was worried I would get yield-protected, but I am so excited they are giving me a chance because I love this school + significant ties.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone gotten an II here with a 520+ MCAT? I see none on the excel sheet tracker, but wondering if sdn has a few. I really love this school and sent an update/LOI, but I am worried I could still be yield protected.
New here... How does one find said Excel sheet tracker? I would love to see that!

Last edited:
Did you receive an email or did you check the portal ? What are your stats as well if you don’t mind and when we’re you complete

Reactions: 2 users
For thank you letters after the interview do we send them to the admissions email or upload it to the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
For thank you letters after the interview do we send them to the admissions email or upload it to the portal?
I sent mine to admissions email and they forwarded it along to my interviewer

Does GW typically have decent movement among the alternates list?

FYI they are scheduling interviews in the last week of January and it doesn't sound like they have many dates left.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Does GW typically have decent movement among the alternates list?
I’m sure it varies year to year but we would have to see trends in past threads and try to extrapolate from there

Hi guys! Let me start by saying GW has been my dream med school FOR YEARS. My sister has lived in DC for over 5 years now, and I love visiting her, serving the local communities, and drooling over GW while I am in town. Honestly, I'd do anything to get in. :rofl: no lie! I've been applying this cycle (513 MCAT, 3.6 GPA, a publication, service hours, multiple leadership positions held, etc.), and completed my interview in mid October. I thought I did really well, with the interviewer complimenting me several times. I sent a thank you note, only to get alternate. Now I keep sending meaningful updates. Anyone have any tips? Are there any current med students that were WL but eventually accepted? What did you do? Feel free to PM me. I want no other med school stg. I would do anything!!! Thank you!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys! Let me start by saying GW has been my dream med school FOR YEARS. My sister has lived in DC for over 5 years now, and I love visiting her, serving the local communities, and drooling over GW while I am in town. Honestly, I'd do anything to get in. :rofl: no lie! I've been applying this cycle (513 MCAT, 3.6 GPA, a publication, service hours, multiple leadership positions held, etc.), and completed my interview in mid October. I thought I did really well, with the interviewer complimenting me several times. I sent a thank you note, only to get alternate. Now I keep sending meaningful updates. Anyone have any tips? Are there any current med students that were WL but eventually accepted? What did you do? Feel free to PM me. I want no other med school stg. I would do anything!!! Thank you!
+1, GW is my top choice

Reactions: 1 user
Placed on the alternate list today, interviewed 11/9. Pretty disappointed, but trying to stay optimistic!

Interviewed 11/12. Just received waitlist 🥲

• Care
Man I haven’t seen an A in a minute here

Man I haven’t seen an A in a minute here
+1. I'm a little afraid of how difficult it's going to be to get off the alternate list. It seems like so many people have gotten put on it this year.

Reactions: 1 users
+1. I'm a little afraid of how difficult it's going to be to get off the alternate list. It seems like so many people have gotten put on it this year.
It was always going to be a less than 25% chance of getting an A here WITH waitlist movement but my personal experience makes me want to believe it’s even worse this year (as I’m sure everyone feels every cycle). We will see the light, I’m staying positive

• Care
From what I heard, the data seems to show that, when all is said and done, this cycle will be "worse" (harder to get accepted) than the 2019-2020 cycle and all prior cycles. However, it will be slightly "easier" (just in terms of acceptance rate) than last year, as there has been 10% fewer applications submitted this cycle than the COVID-19 cycle, which is still higher than the cycle before the COVID-19 cycle.
How do those numbers work? Is it that there are less IIs being given out this cycles but those are slightly higher likelihood of turning into As?

For those who interviewed, who was your interviewer and what was your experience?

For those of you who wrote update letters, who did you address them to?

Are there any current GW students here I can PM to get more info from? I am strongly considering attending here in the fall:)

When is a good time to send updates after being waitlisted? Interviewed in early October and waitlisted middle of November. Should I wait till March-April or is now a good time?

When is a good time to send updates after being waitlisted? Interviewed in early October and waitlisted middle of November. Should I wait till March-April or is now a good time?
I thought the general rule of thumb is right before CTE/WL Movement?

I feel like timing doesn’t really matter for updates, and that you can send them whenever you want as long as they’re significant. If I were you, I’d send updates sooner rather than later to show continued interest. Imo, March/April would be a better time for a letter of intent if GW ends up being your #1 choice. Maybe someone else here has better advice though, good luck!

how many people end up getting off pre-II hold

I feel like timing doesn’t really matter for updates, and that you can send them whenever you want as long as they’re significant. If I were you, I’d send updates sooner rather than later to show continued interest. Imo, March/April would be a better time for a letter of intent if GW ends up being your #1 choice. Maybe someone else here has better advice though, good luck!
Thanks! Would a job promotion to a leadership position at my clinical job be considered significant enough for an update? I see a lot of people mention publications in updates but unfortunately I’m not currently doing research haha .

Thanks! Would a job promotion to a leadership position at my clinical job be considered significant enough for an update? I see a lot of people mention publications in updates but unfortunately I’m not currently doing research haha .
Some people might say no, but I say go for it. Why not? I feel like you really have nothing to lose here. Worst case scenario is that admissions won’t find it significant, but at least it will show your effort and continued interest.

I just had my interview here and felt very meh about it. Did anyone else who interviewed feel that way??

anyone hear back from an interview in mid December?