2021-2022 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would say that A: we graduate our first class May 22’ so ARCOM doing it’s thing is a year ahead. B: they’re overestimating so as to avoid anyone giving them major attacks for not having it done on time. Premeds are a testy bunch ya know.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say that A: we graduate our first class May 22’ so ARCOM doing it’s thing is a year ahead. B: they’re overestimating so as to avoid anyone giving them major attacks for not having it done on time. Premeds are a testy bunch ya know.
Next thing you know on reddit “NamE aNd sHamE sChoOl: ICOM”

Next thing you know on reddit “NamE aNd sHamE sChoOl: ICOM”
It wouldn't be the first time lmao. A certain user whose name rhyme with Hem used to post one yearly for the last almost 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what stethoscope ICOM requires us to get?

As mentioned there's no specific model required, but I think most of our class elected for the usual picks of the Littmann Classic III or Cardiology IV.

As mentioned there's no specific model required, but I think most of our class elected for the usual picks of the Littmann Classic III or Cardiology IV.
Great, thanks for the information!

I'm a little late to this - just joined SDN - but I interviewed in late February, was put on the highest tier waitlist (accepted pending seat availability), and received my A about 4 weeks later (early April).

Based on my acceptance phone call, the highest tier WL students are put in a numerical order. I am not sure about the other tiers.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey @_bonewizard - the email came out today about purchasing medical equipment. Beyond the stethoscope, is it really needed? It seems really pricey.
What is on the list this year? With what we were given last year, you, your partner, or at least someone in your clinical skills group will potentially need to have access to a good portion of it for physical exam lab; however, for a lot of the items that is the only time I used them. Apart from my stethoscope, the only other portions of my kit that I typically bring with me for standardized patients and OSCEs are my reflex hammer (I got a Tromner since I don't like the Taylor) and penlight since I prefer the ones I have.

Hey @_bonewizard - the email came out today about purchasing medical equipment. Beyond the stethoscope, is it really needed? It seems really pricey.
Just have a stethoscope and a reflex hammer. Everything else in the bag we used maybe once during physical exam lab practice. Most of the stuff you'll need for your OSCE's will be in the room anyway.

Meh just have your stethoscope. Maybe the cheapest BP cuff and otoscope. You can borrow from everyone else. @PeachesPantsuit

Everyone already jumped on you first tho haha.

Just here to let y'all know I got off the waitlist yesterday :) I actually called the office of admissions to ask about my status and whether or not they would like me to send an LOI. 10 min later I got the phone call! Super excited as this is my very first acceptance

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just here to let y'all know I got off the waitlist yesterday :) I actually called the office of admissions to ask about my status and whether or not they would like me to send an LOI. 10 min later I got the phone call! Super excited as this is my very first acceptance
Congrats! Hopefully us high tier folks join u soon! I know a couple of us are waiting anxiously

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how much dedicated study time ICOM gives to their students for COMLEX LEVEL 1 before starting rotations? It seem to be a common concern for many medical students.

Does anyone know how much dedicated study time ICOM gives to their students for COMLEX LEVEL 1 before starting rotations? It seem to be a common concern for many medical students.
Around 4-5 weeks.

For OMS-2s it was April 29th to June 30th

So they have a 2 month window to study for boards? Sounds good. That is better than most I have heard about. Sounds like this school does everything right. Thank you !

Does anyone know when ppl come off mid-tier typically?
Last year I think it was somewhere mid to late June, but as usual, past performance does not guarantee future results.

Does that mean FAFSA for the upcoming year? Or is that another processes?
separate process they have to go through after accreditation I believe (according to my dad who knows more than I do lol)

Does that mean FAFSA for the upcoming year? Or is that another processes?
Probably not since it takes a couple months Atleast to apply for fasfa on their end

I am on the highest tier of waitlist and nothing yet. Compared to last year it is definitely going slower😩

I am on the highest tier of waitlist and nothing yet. Compared to last year it is definitely going slower😩
Gosh thats frightening being that I am not on that tier... hoping that changes in these upcoming weeks

I think we will start seeing more movement these next two weeks since deposits will be required after 24 hours

• Love
Received an email from admissions yesterday saying "We are seeing a good amount of movement in our Class of 2026 and are continuing to offer seats off of our Highest Tier Waitlist..." and asking for a yes or no if we are still interested in being on the waitlist.

Seems like movement should be happening soon! Fingers crossed.

Received an email from admissions yesterday saying "We are seeing a good amount of movement in our Class of 2026 and are continuing to offer seats off of our Highest Tier Waitlist..." and asking for a yes or no if we are still interested in being on the waitlist.

Seems like movement should be happening soon! Fingers crossed.
When I received the question of if I was still interested in being on the waitlist, I received a call later that day with an acceptance offer! I was on the highest tier, and accepted about a month or so ago.

Withdrew my A, wishing you all the best as the As keep rolling in!

Reactions: 3 users
Just turned down my offer from the highest tier waitlist so one more spot just became available!

Reactions: 4 users
Why do you think ARCOM was able to get federal funding for 2021-2022 school cycle when they graduated their first class May 2021?
Due to getting HLC accreditation first for the other programs they started. Once they got it they were able to start the approval process prior to the med school graduating it's first class.

As a high tier WL, when’s the appropriate time to hit the panic button and find something to do throughout the next cycle? I’m holding out hope, but as a semi non-trad, needing steady work and housing is necessary as well

As a high tier WL, when’s the appropriate time to hit the panic button and find something to do throughout the next cycle? I’m holding out hope, but as a semi non-trad, needing steady work and housing is necessary as well
As a fellow high tier I've also been in the semi panic phase but I spoke with admissions this week and they said they have somewhere around 145 confirmed deposits and around 60 people in the highest tier. They lose about 1-2 students a day to other waitlist and can only offer a certain amount of seats per day. I was told that they are fairly confident that high tier would be reached by end of June. Hope this helps!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
As a fellow high tier I've also been in the semi panic phase but I spoke with admissions this week and they said they have somewhere around 145 confirmed deposits and around 60 people in the highest tier. They lose about 1-2 students a day to other waitlist and can only offer a certain amount of seats per day. I was told that they are fairly confident that high tier would be reached by end of June. Hope this helps!
lol at this rate i feel like they see your number on caller id and they know who you are XD

lol at this rate i feel like they see your number on caller id and they know who you are XD
Forreal 😂😂😂. Im waiting for u to post an A so I know my turn is soon

• Care
Just got the call, but will probably withdraw later today. Need to weigh out the pros/cons first. Also, they are asking for immediate deposits now.

Interviewed: 3/7, Waitlisted: 3/18, Accepted: 5/27

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
This morning, I got the email that If I was still interested.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call, but will probably withdraw later today. Need to weigh out the pros/cons first. Also, they are asking for immediate deposits now.

Interviewed: 3/7, Waitlisted: 3/18, Accepted: 5/27
Were you highest tier?

Withdrew my spot here. I hope it goes to one of you lovely people! Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users