2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my secondary application in July (and received confirmation that I'm in que for screening), but completely forgot to submit the UMED scholarly concentration app portion. Does this mean I will not be screened/potentially invited for an interview until that portion is complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary application in July (and received confirmation that I'm in que for screening), but completely forgot to submit the UMED scholarly concentration app portion. Does this mean I will not be screened/potentially invited for an interview until that portion is complete?
Scholarly concentrations are separate processes from admissions so not completing UMED app yet has no bearing on if you get an interview or acceptance. I was accepted then decided to complete scholarly concentration applications a few months later.

Scholarly concentrations are separate processes from admissions so not completing UMED app yet has no bearing on if you get an interview or acceptance. I was accepted then decided to complete scholarly concentration applications a few months later.
Thank you.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hi friends! Does this school send an official acceptance offer letter in the mail and has anyone received one yet?

Anyone IS hear anything lately? It has been silent for me since mid-July.

I also have a question. I got an acceptance elsewhere but UIC is my top choice, went here for undergrad. Do you think I could sent a letter of interest stating that I have an acceptance elsewhere but would love to go to UIC?

Anyone IS hear anything lately? It has been silent for me since mid-July.

I also have a question. I got an acceptance elsewhere but UIC is my top choice, went here for undergrad. Do you think I could sent a letter of interest stating that I have an acceptance elsewhere but would love to go to UIC?
IS and also silence since mid-July. Recently sent a letter of interest, so we will see what happens...

Reactions: 1 users
Yea I'm in the same boat, applied early july and IS. Still no interview or anything, UIC Alumni with good stats too

Does they accept update letters? I see an option for letters of interest but nothing for update letters

Members don't see this ad :)
Does they accept update letters? I see an option for letters of interest but nothing for update letters
Yes, I just submitted mine as either ‘other’ or ‘narrative’, I don’t remember which option they offer

A bit late to post but II received 12/20 (OOS), LizzyM 76. Interview scheduled for the week of 1/10. Anyone who has interviewed here, what was it like? Any insights/advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
A bit late to post but II received 12/20 (OOS), LizzyM 76. Interview scheduled for 1/12. Anyone who has interviewed here, what was it like? Any insights/advice would be appreciated.
I think the best insight I can give you is the statistics, they accept over 80% of people post-interview, so they really like you and have taken the time to know your application very well before they invited you. Read up a little on how to approach the MMI portion, and as far as the faculty interview it really was not too bad, it was my favorite portion of the day, easy-going and they are most interested in knowing you and your motivations for pursuing medicine. Best of luck.

Does Illinois do pre-II Rs? Or will we just be ghosted until the end of the cycle

Did anyone get a confirmation email or admissions package after they accepted the offer? lol why am I neurotic and think that I accidentally denied the offer

Did anyone get a confirmation email or admissions package after they accepted the offer? lol why am I neurotic and think that I accidentally denied the offer
No, but there was a new tab on the left called “Pre-Matriculation”

Would it be recommended to send a letter of intent? I got DD last month

Would it be recommended to send a letter of intent? I got DD last month
They know you're interested and are seriously considering your app since you've got a DD. I wouldn't honestly send a letter unless you have something significant to update.

just received an interview! in state and uiuc grad. 511 and 3.98. only date open was the 19th. super excited!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats! Still silence from all IS schools I applied to.
that’s how i was until today. morale was hitting an all time low. it looks like uicom only scheduled a weekish in advance so there’s still some time left :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I was complete in early September and radio silence. Stats: LM 71.5, In-state. Anxiety levels: high
Not sure if you mean specifically in September or any time later than that, but I submitted in November and have been interviewed. Stats are in this thread sometime in the past couple weeks. Hoping you all hear soon!

Are you in state or out of state?
Not sure if you mean specifically in September or any time later than that, but I submitted in November and have been interviewed. Stats are in this thread sometime in the past couple weeks. Hoping you all hear soon!

Been silence for my since I completed my secondary in August. Does anyone know if applying to one of the other programs like IMED or UMED could help you secure an interview / acceptance, or is it you must get accepted first before applying?

Been silence for my since I completed my secondary in August. Does anyone know if applying to one of the other programs like IMED or UMED could help you secure an interview / acceptance, or is it you must get accepted first before applying?

They were part of the secondary if I recall correctly?

Placed on DD during the last announcement of decisions. Hoping for some good news as this is my #1 choice. Good luck to all tomorrow! Let's get these A's

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Have any MSTP applicants heard anything post-interview? I interviewed in the beginning of December and they said we would hear back before the holidays lol

Have any MSTP applicants heard anything post-interview? I interviewed in the beginning of December and they said we would hear back before the holidays lol
Still no 🙃 but there were 8-9 of us on the MD/PhD II thread reporting interview invites and still no one reporting As or Rs, so my guess is they haven't made decisions?

Any A’s today?? Good luck everyone- fingers crossed 🤞

Reactions: 5 users
Any A’s today?? Good luck everyone- fingers crossed 🤞
Their website says by 5pm central time on Fridays after the meeting but knowing how this whole med school app process works they’ll probably wait until 4:58 to send anything 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Their website says by 5pm central time on Fridays after the meeting but knowing how this whole med school app process works they’ll probably wait until 4:58 to send anything 😂
Lols. Yah seems to be how they all like to roll. Ughh! Haha

Just got the A!!!

Was on DD since 10/22.

Good luck to the rest of yall :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got the A! Check portal (haven’t gotten the email yet).

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got the A as well! For those who have been accepted, is there an accepted students page/chat and when do we need to fill out our location preferences by? Also does UICOM give/release scholarship info?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats on all the As!!!

Got the A as well! For those who have been accepted, is there an accepted students page/chat and when do we need to fill out our location preferences by? Also does UICOM give/release scholarship info?

They have a FB page link in the email. As for the preferred campus there’s a place in the portal to put it in.
The final campus assignment as well as fin aid is suppose to be released in March.

Congrats on all the As!!!

They have a FB page link in the email. As for the preferred campus there’s a place in the portal to put it in.
The final campus assignment as well as fin aid is suppose to be released in March.
Thanks! Hmm I don't seem to see it in the initial email, is there another email they send?