2021-2022 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Joplin) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Just applied yesterday (6/25), I'll edit if/when I hear back. Love the size of the town and the public health programs that exists, think there's lots of opportunity to meet people and volunteer. Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received acknowledgment of primary email

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm a current 2nd year at the Joplin campus. Feel free to ask or PM me any questions! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! 4th year at Joplin if you have questions. I'll be on intermittently as I am off and away on rotations!

But if anyone is stressing, I got my secondary in September (I actually found it in my spam folder a week before it was due so check that often). Got an interview invite soon after. I interviewed in November and accepted in December. So just because you haven't gotten a secondary yet does not mean you are down for the count. As someone said, they go through a lot of apps!

Best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my secondary! OOS

Reactions: 1 user
That is great! Congratualstions. Do you mind saying when you submitted your primary? And did you get a primary received email?
My primary was verified on 06/02, and I received the “primary received” email on 08/05

Chiming in with another OOS secondary received, primary verified mid May

Chiming in with another OOS secondary received, primary verified mid May
Thanks for sharing...I wasn't verified until beginning of July, so looks like it might be awhile. Good luck!

Submitted primary in May verified June and I haven’t received secondary for KCU. Anyone else have this experience?

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted primary in May verified June and I haven’t received secondary for KCU. Anyone else have this experience?
Edit* I was emailed back after I sent them correspondence last Thursday.

KCU just began reviewing applications this past week. You should receive an update on your application status in the next few weeks.

Thank you.

KCU-COM
Office of Admissions

Canadian applicant here. Received secondary Thursday August 5th. Submitted secondary yesterday. May the early secondary be in my favor 🤞

OOS; just received secondary today

Edit: I would also like to add the secondary questions, just in case if anyone is interested (The limit is stated to be 500 words/2500 characters but is not enforced)

1. What are you currently doing to maintain your academic knowledge?

2. Describe a time when you had a personal failure. How did you move on from that experience?

3. We are often too busy to plan future activities. Describe a time when you were so busy you had to react to situations rather than plan for them.

Last edited:
Besides KCU, what are your top five choices for osteopathic schools?
why this question and how do you answer?

I think I just got an interview hold :(
Was your email something like you met KCU’s academic criteria but after initial review no interview at this time. However we will review your app periodically throughout the application cycle. Is this an interview hold or a soft reject?

Was your email something like you met KCU’s academic criteria but after initial review no interview at this time. However we will review your app periodically throughout the application cycle. Is this an interview hold or a soft reject?
That’s exactly what I got

Reactions: 1 users
Wow! That's a fast response time. Any idea why they might have put you on hold?
Maybe OOS, specifically TX, maybe my stats, maybe not enough non-clinical volunteer

Last edited:
Those with the interview hold, when did you get your secondary/when did you submit? and are you instate/out of state applicant?

did anyone get an "application complete" email?

We are often too busy to plan future activities. Describe a time when you were so busy you had to react to situations rather than plan for them.​

Anyone else struggling with this prompt? Tbh I don't even really understand what it means.

We are often too busy to plan future activities. Describe a time when you were so busy you had to react to situations rather than plan for them.​

Anyone else struggling with this prompt? Tbh I don't even really understand what it means.
Yeah how do you answer this? lol

I talked about how at one period of my life a lot was going on which made it difficult for me to plan for the next phase of my life. Sorry for being kinda vague, want to avoid doxxing lol

Yeah how do you answer this? lol
After some digging on past KCU threads, it seems like they want you to talk about a time that something unexpected happened and how you dealt with it.

After some digging on past KCU threads, it seems like they want you to talk about a time that something unexpected happened and how you dealt with it.
Did anyone give an example of what this could be?

Got an email finally saying they have received my AACOMAS app. I added this school Aug 1.