2021-2022 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To people currently on the facebook group,
I was wondering how long it took for you to be added. I have submitted my request for a few days now, but haven't been added. I have some questions regarding apartments and medical kits I wanted to reach out to others about. Thank you.
DM me, maybe I can send you an invite and that will just add you in? might be the admins just didnt see it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do any current or former students recall what time classes typically start for OMS-1? Or does someone have a previous OMS-1 schedule breakdown with times and dates included. Trying to decided if I want to gym in morning or evening 😂 TIA

Do any current or former students recall what time classes typically start for OMS-1? Or does someone have a previous OMS-1 schedule breakdown with times and dates included. Trying to decided if I want to gym in morning or evening 😂 TIA
Earliest is usually 8am but lectures aren't mandatory as they are all recorded and posted. Labs are always mandatory. Some labs start at 8 am but it depends on what group you're assigned to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance yesterday!
See ya'll soon! Can't wait!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
To people currently on the facebook group,
I was wondering how long it took for you to be added. I have submitted my request for a few days now, but haven't been added. I have some questions regarding apartments and medical kits I wanted to reach out to others about. Thank

I don't live there but from what i hear:
Pros: cheap, convenient walk to school, lots of KCU students around
Cons: lots of KCU students around, you get what you pay for, the landlord sucks (but i heard she got fired)

I don't live there but from what i hear:
Pros: cheap, convenient walk to school, lots of KCU students around
Cons: lots of KCU students around, you get what you pay for, the landlord sucks (but i heard she got fired)
I was advised by a security guard not to live at CT per Brooke in Student Affairs. The area is bad and the building is really old.

Reactions: 2 users
Look into North Kansas City and Gladstone 10-15 min from school.

Reactions: 4 users
I was advised by a security guard not to live at CT per Brooke in Student Affairs. The area is bad and the building is really old.
I already signed my lease there this past weekend.... fingers crossed I can get through this year in CT no problem...

Does anyone know if WL movement is still happening

Hi everyone, interviewed here (Joplin) a week and a half ago and felt like 2/3 went well except one was a real hard ass on me, even with that I still felt like I had good answers and stuff but I can’t help but feel disappointed and a little discouraged as KCU truly is my top choice. I know it’s rolling admissions so I’m grateful to have interviewed early as well.

Has anyone felt like this and gotten accepted? It would be nice to hear some encouragement.

Hi everyone, interviewed here (Joplin) a week and a half ago and felt like 2/3 went well except one was a real hard ass on me, even with that I still felt like I had good answers and stuff but I can’t help but feel disappointed and a little discouraged as KCU truly is my top choice. I know it’s rolling admissions so I’m grateful to have interviewed early as well.

Has anyone felt like this and gotten accepted? It would be nice to hear some encouragement.
You're on the thread for last year

I know! Wanted to ask insight from some that applied last year as well
If you interviewed this early and were accepted to other programs you're in good shape, unless you were extremely unpersonable or rude during your interview which I assume you would not be. If you answered every question with a coherent thought you probably did fine

If you interviewed this early and were accepted to other programs you're in good shape, unless you were extremely unpersonable or rude during your interview which I assume you would not be. If you answered every question with a coherent thought you probably did fine
I was accepted to one and waitlisted to another, do you still think I’m in good shape? I did give a coherent and thoughtful response to each question!

I was accepted to one and waitlisted to another, do you still think I’m in good shape? I did give a coherent and thoughtful response to each question!
It's honestly hard to tell without knowing your app and even then it's a crapshoot. They could also just reject you for no good reason whatsoever, so if they do reject you don't take that as you were extremely unpersonable or rude haha. If your app is good enough for 4 interview invites and one acceptance, then you are probably in good shape to at least be waitlisted

It's honestly hard to tell without knowing your app and even then it's a crapshoot. They could also just reject you for no good reason whatsoever, so if they do reject you don't take that as you were extremely unpersonable or rude haha. If your app is good enough for 4 interview invites and one acceptance, then you are probably in good shape to at least be waitlisted
Completely agree, this process is honestly the worst haha, hoping just for a straight shot A!