2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

If we don't have our MCAT yet, but want to submit with our SAT first before the MCAT scores come in, should we just put the score on the AACOMAS application or do we have to send the score to LECOM?

Last edited:
If we don't have our MCAT yet, but want to submit with our SAT first before the MCAT scores come in, should we just put the score on the AACOMAS application or do we have to send the score to LECOM?
If I remember correctly you put it in your AACOMAS but state that you want them to consider you with AIS on the secondary. I would calculate your AIS first on their website and contact them to see if you should wait for the MCAT or just apply with AIS.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how early LECOM starts sending secondaries and when they usually start interviewing?

Does anyone know how early LECOM starts sending secondaries and when they usually start interviewing?
I think it's July for most schools to send secondaries.
Not sure when they are going to interview though, maybe September- just know that they will be doing on campus interviews (one of the only schools that I applied to that will be doing this).

In last year's thread people received secondaries as early as June 16th and interviews invites as early as June 25th.

Reactions: 1 users
In last year's thread people received secondaries as early as June 16th and interviews invites as early as June 25th.
I wonder what’s their turnaround time. People were getting accepted in July?

I think it's July for most schools to send secondaries.
Not sure when they are going to interview though, maybe September- just know that they will be doing on campus interviews (one of the only schools that I applied to that will be doing this).
Are on-campus interviews for Lecom-Erie confirmed? The chooseDO explorer for Lecom-B is updated for 2022 and says virtual interviews but it hasn't updated Lecom-Erie for 2022 yet.

Are on-campus interviews for Lecom-Erie confirmed? The chooseDO explorer for Lecom-B is updated for 2022 and says virtual interviews but it hasn't updated Lecom-Erie for 2022 yet.
I got my information from the LECOM admissions page. Now I do believe they said with the pandemic everything is subject to change and to check the covid updates which can be found at the top of their website. *So I am not 100% positive on on-campus but at the moment that's what their admissions page states for interviews

Do we make an account on the LECOM website prior to receiving the secondary or will the secondary email include a link to the portal to make an account?

Edit: Nvm, just saw on their website. Must have missed it when I first read it.

Last edited:
Do we make an account on the LECOM website prior to receiving the secondary or will the secondary email include a link to the portal to make an account?

Edit: Nvm, just saw on their website. Must have missed it when I first read it.
What’s the verdict ?

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s the verdict ?
From the website: Once LECOM receives the AACOMAS application, qualified applicants will receive an e-mail message providing information and instructions regarding how to complete the Supplemental Application. The e-mail message will include a username and password to access the secure LECOM Candidate Portal to complete the Supplemental Application and submit the $50 non-refundable application fee.

So I assume they'll just send everything you need in the email and you don't need to make an account.

+1

On another note, is anyone having trouble going into the secondary app? When I click on the blue "Supplemental Application" link, nothing pops up.
Im having the same issue. Tried using another browser but still no bueno.

Secondary received. OOS. Verified on AACOMAS 5/30/21

So I guess we wait to send our AIS information until we hear if we get an interview invite?
"D.O. Candidates: Letters are required ONLY if you are invited to interview. If using the LECOM Academic Index Score, request official SAT/ACT scores only if you are invited to interview."

Will it be looked down on to put no second/third choice in the supplemental?

Is anyone having trouble paying for the secondary? My payment keeps getting declined but I've tried three different cards

Are there any other international applicants? I received an email saying they consider international students case-by-case (I knew this already but still wanted to apply) and will contact me if they need additional info.

Is anyone having trouble paying for the secondary? My payment keeps getting declined but I've tried three different cards
Same mine keeps getting declined. Is it only one fee for bradenton and Erie ?? I paid Bradenton yesterday and Erie secondary keeps getting declined
image.jpg

Are there any prompts for the secondary or are you guys just paying the fee?

Same mine keeps getting declined. Is it only one fee for bradenton and Erie ?? I paid Bradenton yesterday and Erie secondary keeps getting declined View attachment 339046
I think it is two fees since two different committees. It is probably an error on their end I received the same error.

No prompts on secondary just asks you to fill out basic information and then fee

I got an email couple hours ago to pay it. No promps just fees

Last edited:
If anyone gets in contact with IT please tell us what they say. I’m using google chrome. Worked fine for bradenton.

anyone have any advice for campus preference? I was more just reading about location but is there different opportunities etc based on each campus?

anyone have any advice for campus preference? I was more just reading about location but is there different opportunities etc based on each campus?
Erie, seton , emira for me. I heard Erie had the most options and better rotations. Seton because it’s in PA. I don’t know much about that location and emira is last because I don’t want to go there.

And to add to that, will it look bad if we were to put no second or third choice, meaning we will not attend unless we get into our first choice?

I got the error too but if you look at the supplemental application status, mine says the payment went through but its not verified yet. Verification happens at like 6:30 am every morning so it should hopefully show complete tomorrow morning

I got the error too but if you look at the supplemental application status, mine says the payment went through but its not verified yet. Verification happens at like 6:30 am every morning so it should hopefully show complete tomorrow morning
I'm getting the same thing

Personally I did 1. Erie 2. Elmira 3. Seton
Erie cause it's the main campus and as above person stated it will have the most resources and hospital affiliations
Elmira is a smaller town in southern NY and I liked the culture of this area (festivals, art museums, literature things; I'm a very artsy person, so it is like the perfect place) and it's near the Finger Lakes
Seton Hall is in Greensburg which is an hour east from Pittsburg and so I would just feel like I was stuck in a place where there was nothing to do (again all personal opinion) though this does have good hospital affiliations

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Damn I did it with two cards. I wonder which one they will pull it from. I’m going to check my status now

So we are just waiting for them to verify it and take out money okay

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 12.55.45 PM.png

Do you see something along the lines of this? Because for me, both the payment options are an N?

Do you see something along the lines of this? Because for me, both the payment options are an N?
Yes that is what shows up on mine as well. Hopefully by tomorrow it should say processed but as others have pointed out it may be a technical error on their part and we may be instructed to resubmit payment. Either way I hope we have some clarity soon.

I called them and they said to email [email protected] to process the payment.
I just got a response from IT

"We are sorry for the payment processing issues that you had experienced in applying to LECOM earlier.
Please return to the application to complete your payment at this time, unless otherwise instructed on the application."

I am confused though; the application said not to make any additional submissions?

I just got a response from IT

"We are sorry for the payment processing issues that you had experienced in applying to LECOM earlier.
Please return to the application to complete your payment at this time, unless otherwise instructed on the application."

I am confused though; the application said not to make any additional submissions?
It worked for me now. I received an email confirmation.

It worked for me now. I received an email confirmation.
Did you happen to also apply to Bradenton? I received the same email confirmation from Erie but I never got one from Bradenton when I submitted the secondary yesterday

Did you happen to also apply to Bradenton? I received the same email confirmation from Erie but I never got one from Bradenton when I submitted the secondary yesterday
They looked identical, minus the Florida / Pennsylvania billing address