2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't even gotten mail this week
I don’t think it will be coming in the mail until our portal changes

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't have any!
Just wonder if you at least have a LOR from MD? Thanks. I shadowed two MDs but due to the timing, they couldn't be my writers. I did get one from my lab PI (MD/PhD) for shadowing his clinical laboratory work and my time working as a researcher under him. I'm just not sure if that would be counted as a substitution.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else submit their secondary months ago and haven’t heard anything back yet?

Anyone else submit their secondary months ago and haven’t heard anything back yet?
Mee as a reapplicant too.. I have so many DO experiences from working and shadowing, and I have a DO LOR🥺

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just wonder if you at least have a LOR from MD? Thanks. I shadowed two MDs but due to the timing, they couldn't be my writers. I did get one from my lab PI (MD/PhD) for shadowing his clinical laboratory work and my time working as a researcher under him. I'm just not sure if that would be counted as a substitution.
Nope, I didn't have any MD letters either, no physician letters. I do know that my other LORs were really strong though. I don't think it would hurt to send that in, but you could always update your AACOMAS with a new experience entry (DO shadowing) and let the school know, so it'll bring your application within their radar again. I know lots of clinics are opening up, so shoot a local DO physician an email and ask if you can shadow!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
I just received an interview invite and scheduled an information session for LECOM in Elmira. I was not able to find any information on the details about the information session. Is it in person? How long does it take? What else does it entail?
Thank you in advance for any insight you may share.

Hi,
I just received an interview invite and scheduled an information session for LECOM in Elmira. I was not able to find any information on the details about the information session. Is it in person? How long does it take? What else does it entail?
Thank you in advance for any insight you may share.
The info session is virtual and 2.5 hours mandatory and optional 1 hr. They send you a zoom link closer to your actual session date. There are presentations from admin, fin aid, dean, students, and lots of time to ask questions! hope that helps

I wonder if we will even get a decision by the 30th lol, our portal hasn’t changed and it usually says you’ll receive a decision within 14 days once it changes.

The info session is virtual and 2.5 hours mandatory and optional 1 hr. They send you a zoom link closer to your actual session date. There are presentations from admin, fin aid, dean, students, and lots of time to ask questions! hope that helps
Hi, Thank you.
I'm assuming cameras are expected to be on throughout the session then.

I wonder if we will even get a decision by the 30th lol, our portal hasn’t changed and it usually says you’ll receive a decision within 14 days once it changes.
i think i read otherwise either in this year or last year's forum, i think someone said that they try to time it so that your portal updates as your decision arrives in the mail

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
i think i read otherwise either in this year or last year's forum, i think someone said that they try to time it so that your portal updates as your decision arrives in the mail
Yea makes sense, looks like it came in around 5 days after portal changes last year

I'm assuming they'll have decisions for the people who picked early decision by 10/1. I guess this is the downside of all the virtual questions is that they then have to watch all of ours and deliberate later rather than just doing it live. Needless to say the wait is killing me lol

Hi guys, this is probably a boneheaded question, but someone please guide me, in filling out the pathway selection form, in ranking the choice of pathway under each location, did you number each location separately (1-4) then (1-2) and then 1 or just picked the pathways from like 1-7? thx

Hi guys, this is probably a boneheaded question, but someone please guide me, in filling out the pathway selection form, in ranking the choice of pathway under each location, did you number each location separately (1-4) then (1-2) and then 1 or just picked the pathways from like 1-7? thx
I numbered each location separately (1-3, didn't apply FL), and under each institution, I ranked each of their pathways separately. Erie 1-4, and SH and Elmira only 1 and 1. You can dm me your form ranks if you would like me to review them lol.

I numbered each location separately (1-3, didn't apply FL), and under each institution, I ranked each of their pathways separately. Erie 1-4, and SH and Elmira only 1 and 1. You can dm me your form ranks if you would like me to review them lol.
Thank you! Appreciate it. Haha, I was feeling my question is too basic, but don't want to mess up even a little bit.

I have been under review since being completed in late june...what is happening??? should i email admissions and ask?

I have been under review since being completed in late june...what is happening??? should i email admissions and ask?
a lot of us are still under review. I think some people actually stay under review the entire cycle... :(

Y'all I had a dream I got the a decision has been made update to my portal lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Y'all I had a dream I got the a decision has been made update to my portal lol
I dreamt that a demon child chased me up a set of monkey bars that reached beyond the clouds. And pushed me off.

• Haha
Y'all I'm not trying to give anyone a heart attack but I went through my SH campus info session (8/11) notes that I took and I have written down "ED ppl get decisions in mail by Sep 15th and RD ppl by Nov 15th or later as per info slide" If what Alyssa presented is still true and plans haven't changed, we should be hearing back this week....

Hi guys! My informational session for Erie is this Friday. I thought that I would have an option to apply early decisions but haven’t gotten any email that indicate that I can. Should I email Lisa and ask about it or is it too late for me to do early decisions?

Hi guys! My informational session for Erie is this Friday. I thought that I would have an option to apply early decisions but haven’t gotten any email that indicate that I can. Should I email Lisa and ask about it or is it too late for me to do early decisions?
They sent me my pathway selection forms and ED/RD form the day before my info session. Your post brings up a good question though, how would people who interview in October sign up for ED? Unless the ED/RD timeline changes per interview time and batch.... But anyway, wait until Thursday, and if you haven't gotten it by your info session, email. You still have time until the end of September though, so you'll probably be fine.

When they send you the email with the zoom link for your information session you will also receive your Pathways form and Early Decision form. You complete this at the close of your info session so no worries I am sure it is coming soon! :) I got mine the Tuesday before my info session.

They sent me my pathway selection forms and ED/RD form the day before my info session. Your post brings up a good question though, how would people who interview in October sign up for ED? Unless the ED/RD timeline changes per interview time and batch.... But anyway, wait until Thursday, and if you haven't gotten it by your info session, email. You still have time until the end of September though, so you'll probably be fine.
Thank you for the reply! I just got my email with the zoom link and the pathway selection form so I’m assuming I’m not eligible for ED then?

When they send you the email with the zoom link for your information session you will also receive your Pathways form and Early Decision form. You complete this at the close of your info session so no worries I am sure it is coming soon! :) I got mine the Tuesday before my info session.
Early received the email and no ED form:( thank you for responding!:)

This is for Elmira! During my info session this was on the screen stating anyone interviewing from Aug-Sep17 have the opt in for early decision.
1631542294529.png

I wish LECOM would call this "prompt decision" instead of early decision, as it is so confusing to call it the same thing as other programs which require an early app deadline and a separate early decision pool.

But hey it's all good, if you were one of the folks who interviewed within that Aug-Sept 17 window you can get your news a little bit earlier if you chose to do so.

has anyone who interviewed for elmira & chose early decision have their portal change yet

Sorry friend! To be honest I don't think it changes anything other than you hear back earlier. It can still be any type of news!

since people for early decision are interviewed until september 17th, should we just assume that we won't hear anything back before then?

I have been under review since the week of June 20th. I emailed their admissions team to see if they were missing anything. Got a pretty short message back basically telling me that they don't have any update and they'll contact me if they need anything. I think this is their way of asking me not to contact them again, so do not think I'll be seeing movement anytime soon.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone that opted for early decision had a status update?

II at Elmira just now!

Edit: To anyone who received an interview invite from them, is it the same as the other sites where it's asynchronous or is it in-person?

• Love
II at Elmira just now!

Edit: To anyone who received an interview invite from them, is it the same as the other sites where it's asynchronous or is it in-person?
the individual interview is asynchronous, the email they sent should have the details! congrats on the II!

• Love
  • Care
interview at Elmira just now!! so excited, its my first interview of the cycle :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone that interviewed get a status change yet?

hmm, you should have gotten an email with a link to the interview scheduler portion of the portal, where you will schedule a date. the email also has instructions on how to complete the asynchronous portion, by the monday of the information session you book.

All I got in the email was a google form to schedule the interview session and a link to a PBL video

II at Elmira! I also got the google doc to fill out.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users