2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there anybody who recently received a Elmira invitation with only a google sheet to fill out (no portal update) never got any reply/confirmation after choosing the date?

I repeat another day has gone by and there's no II in my email. At this point, they should just mail the acceptance letter home.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ok during one of the sessions on the interview day they stated they would mail out starting on the 15th and everyone would know status by the 30th. It was stated verbally as I wrote it down. so.......
ah I really hope this is true, hopefully that means people will start hearing back tomorrow or monday

Reactions: 1 user
Any tips for the video interview? I’m going to record it this weekend.

I re-reviewed the pathways/early decision form and it says that we would receive our decision before or by September 30th. So, unless something has changed, I would assume we should get our decisions by September 30th. My husband says if I don't get it in the mail on time I should call and ask because we've been having issues with receiving all of our mail items.

Reactions: 2 users
What was the post interview info session like? Who were at attendance? Please describe the expel and what you have learned that you didn’t know prior to your interview?

What was the post interview info session like? Who were at attendance? Please describe the expel and what you have learned that you didn’t know prior to your interview?
you should receive an email a few days prior to the info session regarding everyone who's gonna speak. It's basically the dean, a person who works for admissions, a person who works for the financial office, and a current student. They all give a presentation/answer questions (except the student, they just answer questions). You basically learn all the details you didn't know, like the workload, how classes are set up, where most students end up living, stuff like that

y'all what I find to be crazy is that it's only mid-september and this forum post has got 19 pages of comments. wow.

Members don't see this ad :)
A little something for my post interview Elmira people: Suzanne said she's not been the best at updating the portal for so I'm assuming it may not accurately reflect what's actually happening

A little something for my post interview Elmira people: Suzanne said she's not been the best at updating the portal for so I'm assuming it may not accurately reflect what's actually happening
I think that this is concerning the requirements or folders. After this is complete, she sends everything to Erie for review and decision where I would assume that they update the portal.

I think that this is concerning the requirements or folders. After this is complete, she sends everything to Erie for review and decision where I would assume that they update the portal.
ah, gotcha. well 🤞 things are updated soon 😅

It’s already 9/20 and usually the portal update says within 14 days. Surprised it’s taken this long to even get a portal change

I'm hoping so! I interviewed over a month ago and opted for early decision and my status has not changed yet.
It’s already 9/20 and usually the portal update says within 14 days. Surprised it’s taken this long to even get a portal change
they've got to give us something this week at the very least, right?

Did y’all send thank you notes via email or snail mail?

I'm pretty sure the 14 day thing is for receiving snail mail after your portal updates to saying that a decision has been made, and that decisions will be made by 9/30

I'm pretty sure the 14 day thing is for receiving snail mail after your portal updates to saying that a decision has been made, and that decisions will be made by 9/30
last year it seems like people were finding out 5 days after the portal changed, so hopefully if it changes sometime this week we'll be finding out before the 30th

last year it seems like people were finding out 5 days after the portal changed, so hopefully if it changes sometime this week we'll be finding out before the 30th
Yep I agree, sounds like 14 days is more of a worst case scenario or for any decisions being sent to Canada/Hawaii/Alaska/international

Received an interview with the Seton Hill campus earlier today:)

• Love
Wondering if we'll actually hear back before the 30th

Those of you who just received interviews, would you mind sharing your complete date? I am about to hit 1 month since being complete and wanted to gauge and see when I can expect to hear back. I am OOS and my LM is 70.

Those of you who just received interviews, would you mind sharing your complete date? I am about to hit 1 month since being complete and wanted to gauge and see when I can expect to hear back. I am OOS and my LM is 70.
Marked complete on 6/21

Last edited:
For Erie, anybody know when the next informational (or next 2-3 informationals are)?

Hey guys, for those of you that already recorded your responses for the interview. What did you guys wear? I’m recording mine tomorrow and don’t know if I should wear a suit and tie or if a polo shirt is fine. Thanks.

Hey guys, for those of you that already recorded your responses for the interview. What did you guys wear? I’m recording mine tomorrow and don’t know if I should wear a suit and tie or if a polo shirt is fine. Thanks.
Overdressed is always better than under in my opinion.

Reactions: 4 users
I wore a suit and tie for both the interview and info session.

Question everyone!
Sorry I am at work and can't look through the thread, I appreciate the help.

I received an II for the seton hill location, this is the location I prefer (my mother went to Senton Hill University) and it is why I am choosing LECOM. How exactly does the interview process work in regards to expressing something like this? Because from my understanding its the primary app and the recorded, generalized, video interview questions. Is there opportunity to express our interests in the school/locations specifically? Even just our interest in LECOM in generally. I just didn't know if the zoom presentation also had an interview like portion. I guess there is just certain reasons I am choosing this school that I would prefer they knew when considering my candidacy lol
Thanks everyone, any help is awesome!

Def suit. Better be over dressed than under dressed

I vote a suite and tie! If it were an in person interview, would you wear a polo?

I mean they said in emails to treat attire as if it were in person. I plan on wearing full suit.

Question everyone!
Sorry I am at work and can't look through the thread, I appreciate the help.

I received an II for the seton hill location, this is the location I prefer (my mother went to Senton Hill University) and it is why I am choosing LECOM. How exactly does the interview process work in regards to expressing something like this? Because from my understanding its the primary app and the recorded, generalized, video interview questions. Is there opportunity to express our interests in the school/locations specifically? Even just our interest in LECOM in generally. I just didn't know if the zoom presentation also had an interview like portion. I guess there is just certain reasons I am choosing this school that I would prefer they knew when considering my candidacy lol
Thanks everyone, any help is awesome!
Other than emailing the admissions staff directly to express additional interest, I don't know of any specific opportunities to express interest! The closest thing would be after the interview when you rank the campuses; you'll place Seton Hill number 1.

Does anyone know if you need to have all your prrereqs completed before applying or just before matriculation

Definitely wear a suit and tie. Cannot go wrong with this choice.

Hey guys, for those of you that already recorded your responses to the interview. What did you guys wear? I’m recording mine tomorrow and don’t know if I should wear a suit and tie or if a polo shirt is fine. Thanks.
Have another question for you guys. Are we allowed to do the virtual interview any time before the information session or does it have to be 24 hours before? My session is this Friday.

Have another question for you guys. Are we allowed to do the virtual interview any time before the information session or does it have to be 24 hours before? My session is this Friday.
On previous emails it has said the deadline is the Monday before the info session. I would double check!

On previous emails it has said the deadline is the Monday before the info session. I would double check!
lol I hope not. It says to make sure it is uploaded by the time of the information session. Nothing about a week before.

Nope, do it anytime. I would recommend ASAP because you don't want to run into tech issues and then have to hold off. Not likely but do it ASAP.

Depends on the location, Elmira requires it the Monday before your session.