2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed to ask and they said "the earliest we would send final decisions out would be the end of next week."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any LECOM students here that can talk about whats it's like scheduling rotations?

Last edited:
The way that they worded it is pretty ambiguous, but it seems like they are doing what they stated they would. And, that notification of status on the portal is what the September 30th deadline is for. Also, we will have to send in the $1500 in 30 days from the update, not when we receive the letter.

"I request to participate in the LECOM Early Decision Program and receive
notification of my application status before or by September 30, 2021. I understand that
if I am accepted, I am required to submit within thirty days of notification a non-
refundable $1500 matriculation fee. This matriculation fee will be applied to my
tuition and fees upon matriculation."

Anyone else's status still say " We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you."?

I submitted 07/25. Not sure if to call or if this is normal.

The way that they worded it is pretty ambiguous, but it seems like they are doing what they stated they would. And, that notification of status on the portal is what the September 30th deadline is for. Also, we will have to send in the $1500 in 30 days from the update, not when we receive the letter.

"I request to participate in the LECOM Early Decision Program and receive
notification of my application status before or by September 30, 2021. I understand that
if I am accepted, I am required to submit within thirty days of notification a non-
refundable $1500 matriculation fee. This matriculation fee will be applied to my
tuition and fees upon matriculation."
that's fair, i should have read it more closely! i won't hold my breath

I
Hey guys, for those of you that already recorded your responses for the interview. What did you guys wear? I’m recording mine tomorrow and don’t know if I should wear a suit and tie or if a polo shirt is fine. Thanks.
I'm guessing dress/cardigan is not the answer you're looking for- good luck!

Loll just took the video interview. I feel like I completely botched it. It’s so awkward watching yourself speak.

Reactions: 1 users
Loll just took the video interview. I feel like I completely botched it. It’s so awkward watching yourself speak.
It's okay,

I kept realizing that I wasn't looking at the camera and was looking at the screen. The entire time I could feel my eyes going up and down to make the eye contact needed. I hope it was not too distracting.

I completely forgot to send in my pathway selection form! I just sent it in now, but it's like 10 days late. Are there any previous applicants/current students here who know if this disqualifies me :(

Okay I am like dying they have exactly a week left to deliver these decisions. Can someone educate me on the AACOMAS traffic rules. Cause I feel like our decisions are going to be closer to that date than we all would hope.

Okay I am like dying they have exactly a week left to deliver these decisions. Can someone educate me on the AACOMAS traffic rules. Cause I feel like our decisions are going to be closer to that date than we all would hope.
Meanwhile USPS is trolling me
Screenshot_20210923-085610_Gmail.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That happened to me last week!
Someone in this thread reached out to admissions this week and they said that letters won't be sent out until the end of next week. Don't put undue stress on yourself haha

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone, quick question! I applied for Erie as my first choice and Elmira as my second. For Erie, I did my interview and waiting for the informational session in 1 month and my portal had said "congrats, you've been selected for an interview!" But I just got an interview invite for Elmira, and my portal for Elmira says "congrats you've been invited for an interview" while for Erie it NOW says "your application is under review"

So clearly the message for Erie changed, so does this mean I got denied for Erie and now being considered for my second choice (Elmira) or are the two admissions for both campuses totally independent???

Hello, post interview and Info session, to whom have you addressed a Thank You email?
i got the emails of every person involved with the info session & wrote a personal note to each, but if you don’t have that, i would email the interview email address-ex. [email protected] for elmira- and write a thank you to each person individually in one email.

does anyone know when ranking campuses, if that can affect your chance of acceptance potentially? or do they accept people and then choose where to place them, just wondering if anyone knows or they said anything in the tour/interview, have not had mine yet

II at Erie this afternoon! The info session is scheduled for 10/28. I'm non-traditional applicant and was complete on 7/7.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Any advice on how to get ready for the interview!!

Any advice on how to get ready for the interview!!
Sure, google "LECOM video interview" there's numerous reddit posts from the past with questions people have had in the past. They update and change questions every year. I'm not going to disclose the current questions from LECOM Erie or Bradenton for obvious reasons, but that's a good place to start as they are similar every year. Other then that just be ready to answer the standard "why medicine?", "why DO?", and ethics type questions.

Sure, google "LECOM video interview" there's numerous reddit posts from the past with questions people have had in the past. They update and change questions every year. I'm not going to disclose the current questions from LECOM Erie or Bradenton for obvious reasons, but that's a good place to start as they are similar every year. Other then that just be ready to answer the standard "why medicine?", "why DO?", and ethics type questions.
+1 this thread helped me immensely. i went through the questions and practiced them on my laptop's camera app a few times while trying to nail the time limit and it made all the difference.

I guess I'm being neurotic but after completing the post-interview survey, there was no place to put our names right? Like how will they know we completed it is my question. I am probably thinking too much into it LOL

Are the interview questions the same now during virtual interviews or do you get a random set of questions? (For elmira but also asking in general)

Are the interview questions the same now during virtual interviews or do you get a random set of questions? (For elmira but also asking in general)
Without going into any specific detail, they seem to be different for everyone. That being said, if you've spent any time at all looking at the "common" med school interview questions, none of them should catch you off guard!

Without going into any specific detail, they seem to be different for everyone. That being said, if you've spent any time at all looking at the "common" med school interview questions, none of them should catch you off guard!
So in other words, they are to some degree catered to each student/application?

Anyone else not talk during the information session? I hope it’s not held against me lol. People were a asking questions while I just says there like a potato and listened.

Are the information sessions good for all campuses? I did an interview for Erie and have to do another for Elmira, so does that mean I need two information sessions?

Are the information sessions good for all campuses? I did an interview for Erie and have to do another for Elmira, so does that mean I need two information sessions?
I thought it was one interview for all the campuses, that's interesting!

weird, i thought it was one interview for elmira/erie/seton hill and a separate one for bradenton only

weird, i thought it was one interview for elmira/erie/seton hill and a separate one for bradenton only
Not sure why we'd have separate interviews for separate campuses. But it makes sense to have separate info sessions because that's where you'll learn about a specific campus @tba98

So in other words, they are to some degree catered to each student/application?
No, not at all catered! They seem to be pulled from a random bank of questions. I'm sure there is some overlap from student to student, but I don't think anyone gets the exact same 5 questions. All I'm saying is, if you've looked at the common med school interview questions and put some thought into them, you should be able to answer whatever they throw at you!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else not talk during the information session? I hope it’s not held against me lol. People were a asking questions while I just says there like a potato and listened.
I will only say that not asking any questions is probably better than asking a question that makes you seem lazy. Like google-able questions are not good. Something else to consider is how can they reasonably expect that every one of 45(?) -- i forgot how many people my friend said there were in her session -- students to ask at least 1 question. just my non-expert opinions of course, but I think you should be fine. I'd be more concerned if it were a <20 applicant call.

Do you guys think we will be hearing from LECOM this week, or better prepare for the second week of October?

Do you guys think we will be hearing from LECOM this week, or better prepare for the second week of October?
someone in this thread emailed them and they said they will start sending out letters at the end of this week, so prob sent out either thursday/friday and getting to us as early as saturday/monday

What questions did you all get for your Elmira interview? It’s my dream school so hopefully to get any insight I can get

Sorry if someone asked this already, there are so many pages in this thread it's hard to find what I am looking for! Can anyone who has already had the group info session speak to how long it was? Just trying to figure out if I need to take the entire day off work! Thanks :)

Sorry if someone asked this already, there are so many pages in this thread it's hard to find what I am looking for! Can anyone who has already had the group info session speak to how long it was? Just trying to figure out if I need to take the entire day off work! Thanks :)
if i remember correctly it was about 3 hours long, from 10-1 I think

What did ya'll talk about in the 2 minute introduction portion, like who you are and why you want to go there? lmk plz

When did you get the acceptance? can you share the timeline after the info session?
I don't think that he got an answer yet. He was responding to a prior post that was stating what the school said about the decision deadline.

So, just got an email saying they didn't get my pathway form but I legit emailed them that Friday after the informational session was over. I resent my pathway form and a screenshot proving I sent it in on time, but I'm still worried sigh

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Care
So, just got an email saying they didn't get my pathway form but I legit emailed them that Friday after the informational session was over. I resent my pathway form and a screenshot proving I sent it in on time, but I'm still worried sigh
Oh man, that's nervewracking.... when was your info session?

Last edited: