2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well has anyone received an A yet? I read in one post it can take them 3 days but I don't know when the first zoom session was.
Not sure about Bradenton but Erie is starting to make post interview decisions sept 15th. I’ll share what I find out in the info session Friday

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected! Found out over the phone (i called them). OOS, 504 mcat, had the “decision has been made” message on my portal for over a month. If your portal has this before you interview, probs expect a rejection. I thought i would be lucky and mine wouldn’t mean rejection, but unfortunately not :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Rejected! Found out over the phone (i called them). OOS, 504 mcat, had the “decision has been made” message on my portal for over a month. If your portal has this before you interview, probs expect a rejection. I thought i would be lucky and mine wouldn’t mean rejection, but unfortunately not :(
Sorry :( I've been on the "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you" for a month now.

Members don't see this ad :)
man i’m sorry! mind sharing when you were complete and how long you were under review?

Just finished my asynchronous interview, and it was very nerve-racking. Don't think I failed or excelled. But I guess it's just a waiting game now.

When is the earliest zoom session? I could only book one that is in 3 weeks

Reactions: 1 users
Just called in and I got rejected as well. 514 MCAT. OOS. They said that they’ve been having issues with the messaging system and that we should receive it in writing in email within the next couple of days.

Just called in and I got rejected as well. 514 MCAT. OOS. They said that they’ve been having issues with the messaging system and that we should receive it in writing in email within the next couple of days.

Dang I’m sorry. Was this pre-II?

Just finished my asynchronous interview, and it was very nerve-racking. Don't think I failed or excelled. But I guess it's just a waiting game now.

On 7/16 the soonest available for me was 8/6. I think it’s the first one but not positive

Why did you find it nerve-racking? How were the questions?

On 7/16 the soonest available for me was 8/6. I think it’s the first one but not positive
ok I see 7/19 earliest was 8/20 makes sense. Also makes me wonder how many II are they sending out? Anyone know how many LECOM-B usually sends?

Why did you find it nerve-racking? How were the questions?
I think it was just like timing and recording myself. I do better when I am actually talking to people. It is from a pool of questions I believe so it is hard to say what others may receive. I don't think my questions were too out of the ordinary

ok I see 7/19 earliest was 8/20 makes sense. Also makes me wonder how many II are they sending out? Anyone know how many LECOM-B usually sends?
There are 32 info sessions and I THINK each session has 20-30 people so A LOT 🙃

Members don't see this ad :)
How should I format the email telling them I want to cancel the interview? I don’t want to hold up someone else’s chance of getting an interview here

What do you guys think are the odds of being accepted after interviewing this early in the cycle? I interviewed yesterday and have the zoom conference on Friday august 6th.

Does anyone know if you will have to complete your information session before you hear back from them? I did my interviews but I won't have my information session until September. Do I need to wait until September before I get my answer?

Does anyone know if you will have to complete your information session before you hear back from them? I did my interviews but I won't have my information session until September. Do I need to wait until September before I get my answer?
Yes

I got an interview invite with LECOM Erie back in early July. Bradenton says my decision has been made, so I assume rejection. I just completed my info session today so I'll keep this thread updated on my status.

Also, question. Is anyone doing Early Decision where you receive notification of your status before September 30? Is there any downsides to not doing this?

Last edited:
For anyone who has interviewed for LECOM Erie how long was the interview? I am scheduled at 10AM EST and I have another obligation that day that also needs to be attended.

For anyone who has interviewed for LECOM Erie how long was the interview? I am scheduled at 10AM EST and I have another obligation that day that also needs to be attended.
It is as long as you make it. Minimum, the process will take 15 minutes. If you take a lot of breaks, it will take longer.

It is as long as you make it. Minimum, the process will take 15 minutes. If you take a lot of breaks, it will take longer.
I am a bit confused I did the online interview where the question pops up on the screen and you answer it. Is the date that I scheduled then just an informational session?

I am a bit confused I did the online interview where the question pops up on the screen and you answer it. Is the date that I scheduled then just an informational session?
Yes. The date u scheduled is for the zoom session

Yes it’s an information sesssion. Mine lasted 2.5 hours.

Incoming class stats from this morning’s information session:
Avg cGPA: 3.69
Avg sGPA: 3.63
MCAT: 505
AIS: 121
44% in state FL
56% OOS

Reactions: 7 users
Incoming class stats from this morning’s information session:
Avg cGPA: 3.69
Avg sGPA: 3.63
MCAT: 505
AIS: 121
44% in state FL
56% OOS
Also for those of you curious -

Decisions come out mid-November, unless you choose early decision (committing to go to the school if you get accepted) in which case it's October or so

Does anyone know if LECOM Bradenton also has the early decision option like lecom-Erie/sh/Elmira?

Also for those of you curious -

Decisions come out mid-November, unless you choose early decision (committing to go to the school if you get accepted) in which case it's October or so
Early decision I believe is not binding! At least for Elmira. They clarified that you can withdraw but u just lose the 1500 deposit

Early decision is not binding, they just require the $1500 deposit within 30 days of acceptance so that could be a waste of money if you want to have until later, like November or December, to compare and decide between schools

I got my Interview completed on July 21 but not received any email for the Virtual session. I book the session date in first week of Sept.
If I get an II from Bradenton can I get an II from Erie also since i applied to both schools. I am OOS for both campuses.

I got my Interview completed on July 21 but not received any email for the Virtual session. I book the session date in first week of Sept.
If I get an II from Bradenton can I get an II from Erie also since i applied to both schools. I am OOS for both campuses.
Yea u can get it from both

anyone's still says app will be forwarded to admissions committee? Been like that for a while now and never changed to under review

Oh god...I am also OOS, 504, and have the “decision has been made” on my portal since late June...I knew it should be a R but it still hurts...

OOS II, was waitlisted last year, hope this year is better :)

For those of you who've done the asynchronous interviews, how long did you prep? I'm planning on doing mine this Friday, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to prep before then.

For those of you who've done the asynchronous interviews, how long did you prep? I'm planning on doing mine this Friday, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to prep before then.
Maybe an hour or two. I didn't know how to prep at all. I felt fine during the interview. The questions are random so there isn't much you can do.

I practiced for dozens of hours 🥴 found practice interview questions online and recorded myself answering them in 90 seconds. The main thing to practice is looking at the camera and moving along when you mess up

Did anyone get the email about the option for early decision in October vs Regular decision in December? I interviewed and did the informational session already

Did anyone get the email about the option for early decision in October vs Regular decision in December? I interviewed and did the informational session already
Not for Bradenton and my info sesh was Friday. I emailed them about it and haven’t gotten a response yet

I got the interview survey today but I found it in my junk folder! My info sesh was also friday
I got the interview survey! Just not a doc about early decision. They did say they would send that right?

Maybe an hour or two. I didn't know how to prep at all. I felt fine during the interview. The questions are random so there isn't much you can do.
Thanks for the insight! I was definitely assuming they were using a standard set of questions for each applicant but it makes way more sense that they're pulling from a pool of questions. Hopefully a few hours of prep will serve me well~

I practiced for dozens of hours 🥴 found practice interview questions online and recorded myself answering them in 90 seconds. The main thing to practice is looking at the camera and moving along when you mess up
True, I can imagine trying to convey good body language through a webcam is really hard. I'll definitely practice recording myself answering some of the standard interview questions, thanks! Hope the interview went well for you :)

So it is certain that we will not get any results from our interview until after our information session? Even if the info session is 2 months from now?
Yes. It was explicitly said in the info session last friday that your application does not move forward until both parts (admit video & info session) are complete. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
I want to make sure I understand what I am doing. So I received an interview invitation and scheduled the Zoom Information Session, but have not gotten a link to submit the asynchronous video submission. This asynchronous interview video submission just needs to be completed prior to the scheduled zoom interview date, correct?

I want to make sure I understand what I am doing. So I received an interview invitation and scheduled the Zoom Information Session, but have not gotten a link to submit the asynchronous video submission. This asynchronous interview video submission just needs to be completed prior to the scheduled zoom interview date, correct?
Yes, but in their email they say they “encourage” to complete the interview within 30 days. U should receive an email from noreply with the link