2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How does the info session go for anyone who has gone? Do you have to be prepared at all to answer questions, and should I be prepared to ask questions as well? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ik this is for Bradenton and not for Elmira, but there’s no thread for Elmira so I will ask the question here. I got a II for Elmira, and I then got invited for an on campus tour. My question is I choose to do the early acceptance decision after the interview. Does this improve my chances of getting accepted at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
My email recommended me to submit the video interview within 30 days of receipt of the email, it's been slightly over 30 for me. Is it still worth doing it or are they strict about the deadline?

My email recommended me to submit the video interview within 30 days of receipt of the email, it's been slightly over 30 for me. Is it still worth doing it or are they strict about the deadline?
Yes do it! You have to try

Reactions: 1 users
My email says we should submit the video interview by the zoom info session and schedule the info session by 30 days of receipt of the email.

My email says we should submit the video interview by the zoom info session and schedule the info session by 30 days of receipt of the email.
I have two different emails. The II email says to schedule Zoom session within 30 days and submit asynchronous by Zoom info session. Then another email for the asynchronous interviews "encourages" to complete within 30 days.

I'd say if LECOM Bradenton is important to you, submit and hope for the best. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I have two different emails. The II email says to schedule Zoom session within 30 days and submit asynchronous by Zoom info session. Then another email for the asynchronous interviews "encourages" to complete within 30 days.
Yep, I just re-read the second email and saw.

On the portal where it says our interview session time, is that in Bradenton's time zone? I can't remember what time zone I registered in

edit: Nvm found it lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the Early Decision Agreement is binding?

Does anyone know if the Early Decision Agreement is binding?
Not binding. But you need to pay $1500 within a month of when a decision is made in your favor (Acceptance) to save your spot.
You should also confirm this with the Admissions Office as well just to be sure.

Just got an II. Review started on Aug 10th. GPA 3.7 MCAT 513

Reactions: 2 users
i'm only seeing one available date for the information session and it's all the way in December.. does that seem right or will they have more options?

Congrats good luck on your interview :) are you IS or OOS?
IS

I don't see any available dates for the info session. Wondering if its a technical error or if they'll be adding more dates soon.

Those of you who had the interview info session, is there any speaking/preparation required?

Those of you who had the interview info session, is there any speaking/preparation required?
nah u literally don't have to talk either, but it doesn't hurt to ask a few if you are curious about anything.

How long does it take to get a secondary after my primary is verified? I just submitted it yesterday and was verified this morning. Is there a formal secondary with questions?

Additional question. Does the DO application let you choose which letters to send to schools? Or does it just send all the letters that were uploaded to aacomas? It did not let me choose.

How long does it take to get a secondary after my primary is verified? I just submitted it yesterday and was verified this morning. Is there a formal secondary with questions?
LECOM doesn't have secondary questions but they should email you soon with a prompt to pay the fee and how to access the portal.

LECOM doesn't have secondary questions but they should email you soon with a prompt to pay the fee and how to access the portal.
Would you happen to know about the question I asked about above: "Does the DO application let you choose which letters to send to schools? Or does it just send all the letters that were uploaded to aacomas? It did not let me choose."

Would you happen to know about the question I asked about above: "Does the DO application let you choose which letters to send to schools? Or does it just send all the letters that were uploaded to aacomas? It did not let me choose."

You don't get to pick, it sends them all :)

For those who have received an II, can you comment your stats, and if you have done the interview, comment any advice? This is my top choice school, so I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm still waiting on my MCAT score to come in (9/14) to get the secondary lol hopefully I'm still good on time.

For those who have received an II, can you comment your stats, and if you have done the interview, comment any advice? This is my top choice school, so I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm still waiting on my MCAT score to come in (9/14) to get the secondary lol hopefully I'm still good on time.
You can track some DO interview invite stats here.

I have yet to attend the information session portion of their interview, but they conduct an asynchronous interview you will need to record and then attend an information session. Some in this thread have commented on the informational session and asynchronous interview prep. Good luck!

I'm not sure. I had a committee letter and letter packet uploaded together so it was only one submission on AACOMAS.

When one gets the Email with Pathway form after the info session. Is 1 week seems normal or less.

Anyone hear back for decisions yet? Possibly a change on the portal?

does completing the early decision form affect my ability to apply to and be reviewed by other schools?

does completing the early decision form affect my ability to apply to and be reviewed by other schools?
nope, it's just that you get your decision early and have 30 days to put down the deposit to secure your spot (the spot is also non-binding, you just lose the $1500 deposit if you don't attend)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still have the "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you." message?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone still have the "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you." message?
yup for over two months

For those who have attended the info session, apart from asking any questions, was there any other talking component at all? (e.g. introductions, answering questions, etc.)

For those who have attended the info session, apart from asking any questions, was there any other talking component at all? (e.g. introductions, answering questions, etc.)
There’s a Q&A with the people who do the presentations and with the students.

No speaking component, not even introductions as there are a lot of people in the Zoom room. You only speak if you want to ask a question.

So early july my status changed to “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you."
haven’t heard anything (mail or email) since and the admission stat still says the same thing. Is this normal?

So early july my status changed to “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you."
haven’t heard anything (mail or email) since and the admission stat still says the same thing. Is this normal?
you got this in early july? i assume this means you are in the previous cycle?

regardless, definitely reach out and ask for an update since it has been over 30 days

you got this in early july? i assume this means you are in the previous cycle?

regardless, definitely reach out and ask for an update since it has been over 30 days
Nope:/ applied late june. Yeah imma call