2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II. Complete 9/1/21. Very fast turn around time!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So early july my status changed to “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you."
haven’t heard anything (mail or email) since and the admission stat still says the same thing. Is this normal?
I'm wondering the same thing. All i got was a rec to the MMS program

Has anyone here gotten an II or acceptance from LECOM with MCAT below 500?

How long was your interview? Which campus interviewed? How to prepare and type of questions?

Also to anyone who has their info session tomorrow, has the required letters and credits section been updated for you? Mine is still all red x's.

Also to anyone who has their info session tomorrow, has the required letters and credits section been updated for you? Mine is still all red x's.
From their interview scheduler email.

“Required letters and credits are verified on your portal after both parts of your interview have been completed.”

what were your other stats and EC's like? do you think your app was pretty solid aside from MCAT? just curious
both science and non-science gpa aren't terrible but not great either. both 3.48 but last 20 hours of science credits have been like a 3.8-3.9

hundreds of hours of clinical experience (nursing major so i am able to do a lot of stuff)

other ECs kind of slim because i have like 10k hours of work throughout school because i havent taken out any loans

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still have the "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review..." message? I have been complete since 08/18 and am wondering when an appropriate time would be to call and check on the status of my application.

Anyone else still have the "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review..." message? I have been complete since 08/18 and am wondering when an appropriate time would be to call and check on the status of my application.
+1

Anyone from the 9/17 info session receive an early decision form yet or have their required letters and credits folder update?

Anyone from the 9/17 info session receive an early decision form yet or have their required letters and credits folder update?
i just got the post-interview survey, but nothing more than that

The early decision form said that applicants who completed both sections by September 10th have the option to get their decision October 1st. That's what it said on the form I had, if they changed it I'm not sure.

The early decision form said that applicants who completed both sections by September 10th have the option to get their decision October 1st. That's what it said on the form I had, if they changed it I'm not sure.
I remember them saying that we were the last group to be able to do it I think.

Did they mention anything about when they'll start mailing out decisions?
I don't think so, they just said they do it by mail it out and you should get the decision around October 1st with early decision and November 15th with regular.

Also just received the early decision email.

I don't think so, they just said they do it by mail it out and you should get the decision around October 1st with early decision and November 15th with regular.

Also just received the early decision email.
ah yep, i just received the email too.

So I haven’t gotten an R email from LECOM, but I checked their portal and saw that my MCAT and AIS are both below their minimum. Should I consider LECOM a loss or have they ever sent an II to a below minimum applicant? And will they send me an email confirmation for a R?

So I haven’t gotten an R email from LECOM, but I checked their portal and saw that my MCAT and AIS are both below their minimum. Should I consider LECOM a loss or have they ever sent an II to a below minimum applicant? And will they send me an email confirmation for a R?
Honestly it is all a waiting game. Remember schools can send you an II anywhere from now until March/April 2022. So don't give up! I submitted my app early August and still haven't heard anything back (I am in-state for reference), and I'm sure most of us are in the same boat. Just because others have gotten II or A, doesn't mean you don't have a chance with application materials that are under their "minimum or average". We got this!

If your numbers are below their minimums then you should have received an email saying that your application is "on hold" and you would not have an opportunity to pay the fee for the secondary application. If this is the case then I don't think you will be able to move forward in the application process with them as you need to submit a secondary in order to receive an interview (II) invite.

To those who have already interviewed -- was the format the same as described last year - asynchronous 5 interview questions? ()

Was there a group interview section? Did you feel you had enough time to show yourself in the interview?

Would really appreciate any advice :)

To those who have already interviewed -- was the format the same as described last year - asynchronous 5 interview questions? ()

Was there a group interview section? Did you feel you had enough time to show yourself in the interview?

Would really appreciate any advice :)

Yeah, the asynch portion was a few questions. The group session wasn't really an interview -- it was more a couple of presentations and a Q&A, with opportunities for you to ask questions if you want to. The entire ordeal is pretty chill. For prepping I recommend getting used to looking into your camera, making eye contact, and delivering short responses to common interview questions. Record yourself and analyze any patterns/problems (lacking eye contact, stammering a lot, grimacing instead of smiling, etc) and you should be good to go

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, the asynch portion was a few questions. The group session wasn't really an interview -- it was more a couple of presentations and a Q&A, with opportunities for you to ask questions if you want to. The entire ordeal is pretty chill. For prepping I recommend getting used to looking into your camera, making eye contact, and delivering short responses to common interview questions. Record yourself and analyze any patterns/problems (lacking eye contact, stammering a lot, grimacing instead of smiling, etc) and you should be good to go
Were there a lot of people in your group session? Do have to dress formal for the group session as well?

Nope. I’m assuming they are mailing the letters on oct 1 and then we have to wait however long it takes to get to us
Wait like physical mail?? Will our portal update on Oct 1st at least?

When going to "folder items" in the portal, there is nothing there for me. I submitted my secondary a few weeks ago, Is this normal?

All I see is a message saying "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received."

When going to "folder items" in the portal, there is nothing there for me. I submitted my secondary a few weeks ago, Is this normal?

All I see is a message saying "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received."
Folder items will not be updated until after both interview components have been met.

Got rejected pre II. Sci GPA 3.0 Ugpa 2.9 Masters Gpa3 3.2 Mcat 501. Was told by the person I spoke to that the stats they are getting this year are way above their average and they have to go with the numbers. Best of luck to everyone else out there!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Hello, I did my interview for Elmira and now I have my interview for the Bradenton campus. Do they ask the same first two questions: introduce yourself and why Osteopathic Medicine, or are they as one question? Please let me know and thank you!

Hello, I did my interview for Elmira and now I have my interview for the Bradenton campus. Do they ask the same first two questions: introduce yourself and why Osteopathic Medicine, or are they as one question? Please let me know and thank you!
Bradenton has asynchronous interview and I didn’t even get those questions LOL

My portal finally changed today!! It’s says a decision has been made and that I’ll receive in the mail

My portal hasn't changed yet. I had my info session on the 17th and opted for early decision. I assume it'll change on October 1st.

My info session is 10/8 at 12PM, I am assuming this is Eastern Time?