2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are your stats and how did you feel about the interview? I feel like I bombed it so expecting an R. Congrats!!
LM 70, but I genuinely thought I bombed the interview. I was expecting to be waitlisted or rejected so this was very unexpected. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
My information session isn't until Dec 3rd. I received the II on Aug 16th but haven't completed it yet. I'm waiting till Oct 15th to hear back from my top choice. Since I won't get a decision until after my session anyways, is it bad to hold off a little longer to complete the interview? It's always been my weakest area so I've been pushing it off

I genuinely thought I bombed the interview because it was my first one and literally ended one of the questions early cause I stuttered. I got "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days."... but it could also mean waitlist? Honestly just please dear god don't let it be an R this is my top choice. D:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lets hope my Theory is wrong. Whats your current message on the Portal for Bradenton
“We have made a decision and you’ll receive the answer in the mail in 14 days” or whatever lol

My information session isn't until Dec 3rd. I received the II on Aug 16th but haven't completed it yet. I'm waiting till Oct 15th to hear back from my top choice. Since I won't get a decision until after my session anyways, is it bad to hold off a little longer to complete the interview? It's always been my weakest area so I've been pushing it off
my interview invite recommended that I submit the interview within 30 days of receiving the invite, yours might be different, but I would recommend doing the interview as soon as you can! Hopefully you get into your top choice and it doesn’t matter!

LM 70, but I genuinely thought I bombed the interview. I was expecting to be waitlisted or rejected so this was very unexpected. Good luck!
That’s awesome! Gives me some hope. I will be shocked if I get an A as well. But I was sure I’d be accepted to a different school and that was an R so we really just never know lol

I genuinely thought I bombed the interview because it was my first one and literally ended one of the questions early cause I stuttered. I got "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days."... but it could also mean waitlist? Honestly just please dear god don't let it be an R this is my top choice. D:
Could be all 3 options!

“We have made a decision and you’ll receive the answer in the mail in 14 days” or whatever lol
looks to me IS should get the Mail today or tomorrow. OOS might get it by Friday or Sat due to USPS delays. Someone mentioned that letters were send out on Friday and Monday.

Reactions: 1 users
my interview invite recommended that I submit the interview within 30 days of receiving the invite, yours might be different, but I would recommend doing the interview as soon as you can! Hopefully you get into your top choice and it doesn’t matter!
I've heard that from people too but didn't see that anywhere in my email. Thank you!!

Just got my acceptance to Bradenton in the mail!
(in state, MCAT: 507, GPA: 3.89)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
My guess is that if your portal changed on Friday then that is an acceptance. Just a guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A yesterday!! Portal changed Friday.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Probably 😭
I'm sure they probably just reviewed everyone in order of when you did the video interview, and are sending out batch decisions for the X number of kids they reviewed that day. I did my interview ~20 days after receiving the invite, which is kind of late, and my portal changed Tuesday. It is rolling admission after all!

Stay positive! No sense in getting anxious over assumptions

*Insert Three Little Birds by Bob Marley*

Reactions: 2 users
Mind sharing stats for the class? :) Congrats!
AIS 137. No MCAT. Non trad candidate. Did my info session in early August so it’s possible my decision came early only because I did my interviews and info sessions so early - don’t lose hope everyone!

I'm sure they probably just reviewed everyone in order of when you did the video interview, and are sending out batch decisions for the X number of kids they reviewed that day. I did my interview ~20 days after receiving the invite, which is kind of late, and my portal changed Tuesday. It is rolling admission after all!

Stay positive! No sense in getting anxious over assumptions

*Insert Three Little Birds by Bob Marley*
🤗❤️

AIS 137. No MCAT. Non trad candidate. Did my info session in early August so it’s possible my decision came early only because I did my interviews and info sessions so early - don’t lose hope everyone!
mine was aug 6th 🙈

mine was aug 6th 🙈
Well, again, there's no way to predict how they've reviewed everyone, but I think it's unlikely that there's a pattern to the letters going out.

I'm IS, live pretty close to the college, and will likely get the letter today or tomorrow- I'll post result as soon as I get it! *Watch me get an R 🤪*

Gonna keep spreading positivity on this thread though: Just remember, even if you get waitlisted or an R, everything will be alright. We all got early interviews at LECOM, and will likely get more interviews from other great places. There is no rhyme or reason to how these schools select candidates. It is still pretty early in the cycle! Some people don't get interviews until March and still get in somewhere.

Well, again, there's no way to predict how they've reviewed everyone, but I think it's unlikely that there's a pattern to the letters going out.

I'm IS, live pretty close to the college, and will likely get the letter today or tomorrow- I'll post result as soon as I get it! *Watch me get an R 🤪*

Gonna keep spreading positivity on this thread though: Just remember, even if you get waitlisted or an R, everything will be alright. We all got early interviews at LECOM, and will likely get more interviews from other great places. There is no rhyme or reason to how these schools select candidates. It is still pretty early in the cycle! Some people don't get interviews until March and still get in somewhere.
I do too! Im in Tampa bay. I need that positivity I love it. Already been rejected by 2 schools post interview and I’m running out of options 😂😭 so the anxiety is rising

• Care
I do too! Im in Tampa bay. I need that positivity I love it. Already been rejected by 2 schools post interview and I’m running out of options 😂😭 so the anxiety is rising
Uhg, dude, that's super frustrating, it only takes one though! This is my first ever interview, and I have one more in the chamber, no other offers yet. But! I have high hopes for this cycle. If not, just gonna keep buffing up the resume and try again. I'm St. Pete :)

*and* this is like my 3rd cycle. I hadn't applied DO before, but my GPA isn't super strong, so I gave it a go this cycle. Finally got the MCAT right though!

I really want to go to this school because it is so close :l shout out to St. Pete and Tampa bay, I am Tampa bay as well!
Edit: Oh my god my apartment number is not on the mailing address T.T

I really want to go to this school because it is so close :l shout out to St. Pete and Tampa bay, I am Tampa bay as well!
Edit: Oh my god my apartment number is not on the mailing address T.T
Oh crap lol, maybe they'll give it to your leasing office?

Uhg, dude, that's super frustrating, it only takes one though! This is my first ever interview, and I have one more in the chamber, no other offers yet. But! I have high hopes for this cycle. If not, just gonna keep buffing up the resume and try again. I'm St. Pete :)

*and* this is like my 3rd cycle. I hadn't applied DO before, but my GPA isn't super strong, so I gave it a go this cycle. Finally got the MCAT right though!
Sweeet I love st Pete! Where is your other interview at? I only have 7 secondaries in so I should probably keep doing those. I feel like it’s too late at this point though. I had one interview last year and was waitlisted (clearly didn’t happen). I feel like this is the year too! 5 interview invites. Just getting discouraged, rejections are hard, especially when you feel the interview went really well.

Sweeet I love st Pete! Where is your other interview at? I only have 7 secondaries in so I should probably keep doing those. I feel like it’s too late at this point though. I had one interview last year and was waitlisted (clearly didn’t happen). I feel like this is the year too! 5 interview invites. Just getting discouraged, rejections are hard, especially when you feel the interview went really well.
My other interview is at LMU! I have like 1 more secondary to get in, but have also been dragging my feet. 2 interview waitlists (which is totally new to me?) from AZCOM and KCU. And yeah, I feel you on the discouragement/ rejection, but we got this! 5 interview invites, that's crazy! Congrats

I updated my address over the phone with admissions, they are scanning and resending my "letter"which is prob an R :DDD. Said to expect it soon since I live close.

I updated my address over the phone with admissions, they are scanning and resending my "letter"which is prob an R :DDD. Said to expect it soon since I live close.
What makes you think it’s an R?

What makes you think it’s an R?
Maybe I am reading too into it, but an acceptance "packet" is different from a "letter"... also I KNOW I messed up my interview I stuttered and ended my questions early. Didn't really have much to say for any question except one.
Now go fix your address on your AACOMAS portal too.

I just changed it, I do not know how I missed this and I should have realized it when VCOM had to update my apartment number to send an acceptance to me. Will this update to all the schools I applied to?

My other interview is at LMU! I have like 1 more secondary to get in, but have also been dragging my feet. 2 interview waitlists (which is totally new to me?) from AZCOM and KCU. And yeah, I feel you on the discouragement/ rejection, but we got this! 5 interview invites, that's crazy! Congrats
The one I have left is lmu nov 5th!!! 🥰 I had one with kcu and said some things I regret 😂 but won’t know an answer for a few more weeks. Interview waitlists are so stupid just reject me already lol and rejected from Erie and Burrell

Maybe I am reading too into it, but an acceptance "packet" is different from a "letter"... also I KNOW I messed up my interview I stuttered and ended my questions early. Didn't really have much to say for any question except one.

I just changed it, I do not know how I missed this and I should have realized it when VCOM had to update my apartment number to send an acceptance to me. Will this update to all the schools I applied to?
I believe all updates have said letter thus far, So don’t overthink it!

Yeah my portal and everything said “letter” so I wouldn’t stress about that verbiage

And for what it’s worth guys, I stuttered too, I fumbled a couple questions, I rambled, and overall felt terrible about the interview. I think we all did. It was an uncomfortable format. Still got the A though. Don’t give up hope!

Reactions: 4 users
Oh man, if only they could have just outright told you what it was! Fingers crossed for you that it isn't an R o_O

Yeah my portal and everything said “letter” so I wouldn’t stress about that verbiage

And for what it’s worth guys, I stuttered too, I fumbled a couple questions, I rambled, and overall felt terrible about the interview. I think we all did. It was an uncomfortable format. Still got the A though. Don’t give up hope!
how long after your info session did it take to hear back?

Yeah, there was one question where I went to hit "start" right as it automatically started and changed to the stop button, thought I hit "stop", so they have a good 5-10 seconds of me saying "Oh no, oh no, oh no" over and over again before I realized it was still rolling. I'm sure they get a lot of that 😅

Still nothing! Gotta love USPS. Updating the portal or sending an email…waste of time! So glad they stuck with physical mail for the suspense!

*sarcasm*

Still nothing! Gotta love USPS. Updating the portal or sending an email…waste of time! So glad they stuck with physical mail for the suspense!

*sarcasm*
I’ve had a long day pls don’t come for my head, just frustrated

• Haha
When your portal change and what was the last change. Congrat...
It changed on 10/1 and It said that a final decision was made and I would receive my decision in the mail within 14 days.

It changed on 10/1 and It said that a final decision was made and I would receive my decision in the mail within 14 days.
I am pretty sure for people whose portal got changed to " mail in 14 Days" on Fri or Mon are going to get an "A".
Rest no idea, have to wait for the snail mail most probably R or AL/WL.

I am pretty sure for people whose portal got changed to " mail in 14 Days" on Fri or Mon are going to get an "A".
Rest no idea, have to wait for the snail mail most probably R or AL/WL.
Mine changed Friday and I haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet (Philadelphia). With my luck, I’ll probably ruin this theory and get an R 😂 but we’ll see!

On the alternate list, not a lot of movement from what I could see last year. We shall see tho

On the alternate list, not a lot of movement from what I could see last year. We shall see tho
whats your Stat, IS or OOS and when your portal changes . Lets hope AL have some movement this year. If AL has no movement then they end up in WL.

whats your Stat, IS or OOS and when your portal changes . Lets hope AL have some movement this year. If AL has no movement then they end up in WL.
3.5ish cgpa 3.4ish sgpa, 506 mcat, IS. I received 9 interview invites so far and 2 A's so far so at least ik I have somewhere to be next year. Wish I could get in somewhere in-state tho.