2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed on 11/19! I know it's probably too early, but I'm just excited to hear back! How many days did it take ya'll to get the call after the interview?

I was there as well. I think Ms Harris said within 2 weeks is the average. Expect a call if accepted or email otherwise. It would be awesome if they notify us before thanksgiving. What did you think about the interview if I may ask? I was really nervous. It was my first. Feel it went well overall but I could have definitely expressed myself better. I think 30min wasn't long enough.
Same! I def feel my nervousness didn't allow me to say things exactly how I wanted lol. Still think it went well for the most part. Seems like most people got a decision about 12 days after, on the Wednesday just before 2 weeks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was there as well. I think Ms Harris said within 2 weeks is the average. Expect a call if accepted or email otherwise. It would be awesome if they notify us before thanksgiving. What did you think about the interview if I may ask? I was really nervous. It was my first. Feel it went well overall but I could have definitely expressed myself better. I think 30min wasn't long enough.
I definitely wasn't prepared for all of the questions, but I felt like I did pretty well. I'm just wondering how many of us who interviewed will get accepted. It seems wild that they make the decision off of a blind interview with only a few questions asked!

I definitely wasn't prepared for all of the questions, but I felt like I did pretty well. I'm just wondering how many of us who interviewed will get accepted. It seems wild that they make the decision off of a blind interview with only a few questions asked!
I'm sure they incorporate the interview into the assessment of the other parts of our applications. From what I see on here there is a pretty high acceptance rate post interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure they incorporate the interview into the assessment of the other parts of our applications. From what I see on here there is a pretty high acceptance rate post interview!
During the presentations it sounded like we were already accepted. Lol

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed on 11/19! I know it's probably too early, but I'm just excited to hear back! How many days did it take ya'll to get the call after the interview?
ah yes same i was there too! i heard some people found out 10 days after but ya 2 weeks ideally.

During the presentations it sounded like we were already accepted. Lol
Lol i agree! i sent a thank you email to my interviewers and one said "hope to see you on campus in the fall but if you don't choose here, good luck on your med journey" i think we should all be fine, they have a very high post interview acceptance rate

Reactions: 5 users
Lol i agree! i sent a thank you email to my interviewers and one said "hope to see you on campus in the fall but if you don't choose here, good luck on your med journey" i think we should all be fine, they have a very high post interview acceptance rate
I got that feeling too!

I also felt like the interview was too short - especially since they were asking questions to 3 applicants. I feel like I did not get adequate time to express who I was as a person, but hopefully I did better than what I thought.

Good luck to everyone. I hope we hear very soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! but if your mcat disqualified you, you wouldn't have got an interview. You got this!
This is very true. I'm not sure if the Dean is always there for the beginning portions of the day, but on the day I interviewed he was there and discussed the fact that they look essentially for good people who would make good doctors. He said they can take someone with a lower MCAT score or lower GPA who is a good person and make them into a good doctor, but that they can't make a bad person with great stats be a good doctor. If you got the interview, it is really yours to lose in my opinion.

Reactions: 3 users
been complete since 9/16 and its been silence.....have I been rejected lol pre II? I'm also Canadian so thats probably a factor

been complete since 9/16 and its been silence.....have I been rejected lol pre II? I'm also Canadian so thats probably a factor
To be honest, if you don't have ties to the Appalachian region then you more than likely don't fit the mission that DCOM is trying to fulfill. As a heavily mission-driven school, this is probably the largest factor in the silence. I don't know about being pre II rejected but it, unfortunately, will not be a highlighted aspect of your file. I would say this is a huge factor in not hearing anything....

To be honest, if you don't have ties to the Appalachian region then you more than likely don't fit the mission that DCOM is trying to fulfill. As a heavily mission-driven school, this is probably the largest factor in the silence. I don't know about being pre II rejected but it, unfortunately, will not be a highlighted aspect of your file. I would say this is a huge factor in not hearing anything....
Ahh...makes sense. I'd rather get a R from them than just silence...it would help more than just holding out hope to hear back. It's a shame because I love how holistic they are when assessing potential candidates

Reactions: 2 users
Ahh...makes sense. I'd rather get a R from them than just silence...it would help more than just holding out hope to hear back. It's a shame because I love how holistic they are when assessing potential candidates
You should try reaching out to them. They are pretty responsive and they really are looking for genuine people who meet their mission. Try sending them a letter of interest explaining how even though you may not have strong ties, you still meet the mission by wanting to serve an underserved community. Do you have any personal experience with underserved communities? If you do, include this as well. Do this only if it is actually your goal. I think it could possibly help

II this morning, ORM, 507, 3.3x GPA

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
You should try reaching out to them. They are pretty responsive and they really are looking for genuine people who meet their mission. Try sending them a letter of interest explaining how even though you may not have strong ties, you still meet the mission by wanting to serve an underserved community. Do you have any personal experience with underserved communities? If you do, include this as well. Do this only if it is actually your goal. I think it could possibly help
I emailed them on November 6 regarding my admission status because I have been complete since August and it has been silent. They never replied back. And I do fit their mission but I don’t have ties to the Appalachian region

Maybe dumb question what constitutes the Appalachian region? I’m a Florida boy

Accepted today OOS URM 506 MCAT 3.4 cGPA! I think I would heavily prefer the Knoxville campus over Harrogate, how exactly does the campus selection process work? Do accepted students get a say in the matter at all?

Accepted today OOS URM 506 MCAT 3.4 cGPA! I think I would heavily prefer the Knoxville campus over Harrogate, how exactly does the campus selection process work? Do accepted students get a say in the matter at all?
When did you interview?

I believe you get to select your campus after you put down your deposit.

Complete 8/12 and haven’t heard anything since. Should I contact them?

I paid my deposit over the phone, got an email confirming it a few hours later. The email had a link to pick your preference, 20 mins later another email that I got my preference!

Complete 8/12 and haven’t heard anything since. Should I contact them?
I’ve been complete since 8/9. I contacted them and no response. Then I contacted them again and they said app is still under review. So it seems like contacting them doesn’t do much.

Congrats on the A's the past two days! I interviewed 11/19 so I am assuming we will hear next week. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Ah yeah I’m DOA
My only ties were that I used to visit Tennessee every summer growing up. And my grandma was born and raised on a farm in WV. You’ll figure something out (from a fellow Floridian of 28 years) 😋

I am accepted for class of 2026 and I paid my deposit but have not heard anything about campus selection. Does anyone know what I should do?

I paid my deposit over the phone, got an email confirming it a few hours later. The email had a link to pick your preference, 20 mins later another email that I got my preference!
I paid online and my email did not contain a link, what should I do?

For those who have not received an II, are you considering a letter of intent? I was wondering if this was viable prior to an interview or if it's superfluous.

For those who have not received an II, are you considering a letter of intent? I was wondering if this was viable prior to an interview or if it's superfluous.
i sent an update letter where i talked about my interest in the school. I sent it over a month ago and still nothing.

So here is my take on letter of intents….

In the 2019-2020 cycle I had applied for admission (I’ve applied more times that I’d like to admit. I have shared with a few people on here my story so that they have an understanding because I wrote about my story this year in my secondary. I’m not comfortable sharing publicly though). Sorry for the weird, but during the 2019-2020 cycle I had submitted my app the first day, completed the secondary immediately, and had not heard anything back. In October, I decided I wanted to try my luck with a letter of intent (after reading Homeskools post about LOI). I had no acceptances so I had no leverage and I didn’t think anything would come from it. I say this because I don’t want to falsely inflate hope. So I sent an email explaining why I thought LMU-DCOM would be the right fit for me. Here’s the catch, I’m in state, 99% of my family including 3rd and 4th level cousins reside in TN, so I highlighted location was the most relevant factor of school selection for me and being able to have a supportive environment for me should I have a bad day (because we are all humans, and will have a bad day). I had no experience shadowing a DO, mainly because I only had one DO in my town and his office manager never forwarded my messages to him. So I couldn’t use shadowing as leverage so I talked about part of my story in the letter of intent and why it was important to me (think of the opioid problem that is huge in TN). To my surprise I received an interview invite 4 days later.

I mentioned earlier how the seat is yours to lose at the interview. That’s because I lost the seat at that interview. I fumbled on my words, I had a hard time hearing one of my interviewers, and my anxiety got the best of me. My interview was the perfect example on how to fail at an interview. I knew I lost the seat before I even left the interview room based on one of the comments they made to me, it wasn’t bad or mean, it just showed that I had failed.

So, letter of intent, do they work? I can’t say with certainty but my timing seems to suggest it helped during that cycle. Should you get your hopes up if you send one? No, that’s the unfortunate truth. It will crush you more if you get the false belief that it worked for n=1. I think my story helped me that year, and as others have stated they are huge on the Appalachia mission. Which for me I lived my entire life here. Should you send one? It depends on your situation and your story. Worst thing they can tell you is that your application is still under review.

Well December is coming up. Time to be honest with myself here. I just hope next cycle has virtual interviews because I won’t be able to afford traveling everywhere I plan to apply

Well December is coming up. Time to be honest with myself here. I just hope next cycle has virtual interviews because I won’t be able to afford traveling everywhere I plan to apply
Unless you have received a rejection then I think there is still hope. I expect a lot of movement come the end of December especially since deposit deadline is coming up.

i have lots of experience and my goal is to serve the underserved, whether it is the Appalachian regions or not. I want to give back the community that will help shape my medical career, and the fact that the region is underserved is something that is very appealing to me, and I would make the permanent move there. I've sent an LOI so hopefully I get some good news. Thanks for the push, I appreciate it tons!!! :)

i have lots of experience and my goal is to serve the underserved, whether it is the Appalachian regions or not. I want to give back the community that will help shape my medical career, and the fact that the region is underserved is something that is very appealing to me, and I would make the permanent move there. I've sent an LOI so hopefully I get some good news. Thanks for the push, I appreciate it tons!!! :)
You’re very welcome! I hope it turns into an interview invite! 🤞

When people sent an update letter or LOI, did they get a reply?
I sent one over a month ago and nothing since :/