2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Confirmed for the Knoxville Campus today!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A newbie question. When I see the portal it says my application is under review. I assume that means all my work is complete and the ball is in ADCOM court, right?

A newbie question. When I see the portal it says my application is under review. I assume that means all my work is complete and the ball is in ADCOM court, right?
One you submit your secondary the portal should say 100%. After submission, your portal will not update again. You should receive an email once the ADCOM actually reviews your application and prepares it for review by the committee. Hope this helps!

nope and I interviewed on the 24th as well. dont know if I should be worried or not

I just tried to call the admissions office and an automated message said they are experiencing a technical problem and to try to call again later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rejected post-interview (interviewed 9/24). OOS, 3.68 GPA, 510 MCAT, plenty of experience and volunteer hours, and felt like I rocked the interview. I have no idea how it happened but I'm really devastated. Good luck to everybody else.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got rejected post-interview (interviewed 9/24). OOS, 3.68 GPA, 510 MCAT, plenty of experience and volunteer hours, and felt like I rocked the interview. I have no idea how it happened but I'm really devastated. Good luck to everybody else.
Do your goals match their mission?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Just got the call. Good luck to everyone else, and remember, you'll end up right where you're supposed to be!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
How long should I wait before I email the admissions team back? Received the "your file is complete" email on 9/14. I know they send out invites up until April 2022, but what is an appropriate amount of time to wait before contacting them on my status?

Do your goals match their mission?
They do. I listed it in my primary, secondary, and a couple of my LOR writers also mentioned it in their letters. I want to practice rural medicine and work as a small town physician. I have no idea why they rejected me though.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
when we get in when do we get the email about setting up our email. Also if there an accepted students Facebook group

I got my acceptance this morning!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II Invite received last month! Interviewing this month

cGPA 3.4x
sGPA 3.2x
OOS
MCAT 510

Hoping my GPA stats give some of you hope! Best wishes to everyone 🤟
I've never done a group interview before- does anyone know what to expect or have any good tips? 😊

when we get in when do we get the email about setting up our email. Also if there an accepted students Facebook group
Yes, it took about 1-2 days to get the email to setup your LMU email. And no, not as of yet.

Does anyone know when the next round of II will be sent? Also, are these acceptances from the first round? (If not, has there been multiple rounds of II sent out?)

Has anyone here been accepted with a SUB 500?

and me they look at your application holistically
Thank you!

A lot of schools say that but I do not find that the case. I recently interviewed at a school and I was R. The reason they gave was that my prior course work did not prove I was capable of handling the coursework. Which is odd because I didn't need an interview for them to see that but I was interviewed anyway.

I don't want to get into to much detail to derail the thread.

Thank you!

A lot of schools say that but I do not find that the case. I recently interviewed at a school and I was R. The reason they gave was that my prior course work did not prove I was capable of handling the coursework. Which is odd because I didn't need an interview for them to see that but I was interviewed anyway.

Wow! Can’t believe that would be their reasoning after extending you an invitation to interview. Sorry to hear that, you will get an acceptance this cycle!

Thank you!

I got accepted with a 499 but very strong ECs. I’m extremely confident that LMU is looking for people that match the holistic/service/regional based mission statement. If you’re app paints a narrative showing that shows you care about those things then that’s extremely important in their consideration. The MCAT only shows significance around the ~500 range, it’s not as strong of an indicator as people think it is for being a good physician, and I think the dean agrees with this sentiment. Keep your spirits up, you definitely can get in.

I got accepted with a 499 but very strong ECs. I’m extremely confident that LMU is looking for people that match the holistic/service/regional based mission statement. If you’re app paints a narrative showing that shows you care about those things then that’s extremely important in their consideration. The MCAT only shows significance around the ~500 range, it’s not as strong of an indicator as people think it is for being a good physician, and I think the dean agrees with this sentiment. Keep your spirits up, you definitely can get in.
Thank you! That is exactly how I feel about the MCAT. It is a indicator and that is just it. I am a non-traditional student, I started taking my sciences in Jan 2020 ( I needed 26 hours). I was basically full time work, full time class schedule and we have 3 kids that we had to help teach due to all the covid shut down. I was able to pull a 3.89 sGPA in those classes and a 497 MCAT in a years time.. I am going to study until January to bring that up. I have some strong EC's and I believe 100% holistic approach as well as I want to be in Appalachia practicing. So I am going to give this school a shot now!

Thank you all! I appreciate you!

Reactions: 1 users
anybody worried about not matching into there speciality of choice from this school?

anybody worried about not matching into there speciality of choice from this school?
I’m more concerned with getting into medical school at this moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Has anyone submitted Since early September and not heard anything?

Reactions: 3 users
I’m more concerned with getting into medical school at this moment.
Agreed. At the end of the day, if you are a great student and have extracurriculars/things to show once you apply for residency, it shouldn't matter what school you come from.

Anyone complete july still waiting to hear back?

Accepted got into Knoxville - class 2026 let go boys

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
I come yet another week asking for an interview. My sub 500 brothers have gotten an interview. Please bless me aswell

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else on here interviewing nov 5th? I’m nervous about the group style interview 😬

Anyone else on here interviewing nov 5th? I’m nervous about the group style interview 😬
My interview is mid November and I've nervous as well.

As a side note, has anyone read forums from previous years, some speak against this school. I've been trying to reach out to current students but I've been unsuccessful. Anyone have some insight beyond the information from their website?

My interview is mid November and I've nervous as well.

As a side note, has anyone read forums from previous years, some speak against this school. I've been trying to reach out to current students but I've been unsuccessful. Anyone have some insight beyond the information from their website?
I’ve seen every school on here be bashed and also praised. Just like any school there are pros and cons and people with different opinions. Would love to hear from current students though!

Honestly, I was worried about it too, but my interview group had a very conversational approach to it.