2021-2022 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I just wanted to follow up on how did the fee waiver work? Did you have to pay upfront and then receive a refund?
Email them your proof so they can waive it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take for you LORs to be received? I submitted my secondary recently, and I was surprised that my LORs aren't already on there, as they have been for most other schools.

How long did it take for you LORs to be received? I submitted my secondary recently, and I was surprised that my LORs aren't already on there, as they have been for most other schools.
From the time I got access to the portal to when my application was marked complete with all materials was 2 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get any interview invites? I am hoping to hear back in a week or so. I submitted my secondary on 8/5.

To those who already interviewed: how long before your interview before you received the "two short assessments" that need to be completed before interview day?

When I received the secondary on August 4th and didn't even see it in my email until today :D

To those who already interviewed: how long before your interview before you received the "two short assessments" that need to be completed before interview day?
I was wondering the same thing and just got an email saying no assessments. Hopefully, you got the same email.

Has anyone interviewed yet? How was it?
I found the info session to be helpful. The actual interview is 30min with two interviewers. I found it to be relatively low stress, conversational and wish I had more time with my interviewers. Good luck!

Last edited:
I found the info session to be helpful. The actual interview is 30min with two interviewers. One focuses on academics and the other focuses on autobiographical questions. I found it to be relatively low stress, conversational and wish I had more time with my interviewers. Good luck!
Congrats on the interview! Can I ask when you submitted your secondary? Thanks!

Got the app complete email today. Submitted secondary a while ago

Members don't see this ad :)
II, complete 8/24, OOS/international

Edit: sorry I was complete 8/5!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else who interviewed this past Friday not receive any sort of decision yet? I know they said you could find out either this Wednesday (today) or next Wednesday so I wanted to see if others are in the same boat.

Has anyone else who interviewed this past Friday not receive any sort of decision yet? I know they said you could find out either this Wednesday (today) or next Wednesday so I wanted to see if others are in the same boat.
In the same boat currently!

anyone submit end of July and not hear back?

I got a completion email about a month ago and today they sent me "your app is now complete". what does that mean? am I gonna be considered for review for the earlier date or today's date? anybody has the same problem? :eyebrow:

I got a completion email about a month ago and today they sent me "your app is now complete". what does that mean? am I gonna be considered for review for the earlier date or today's date? anybody has the same problem? :eyebrow:
This happened to me. I'm still not sure why they sent it twice

For those who have already interviewed here, did anyone have the interviewers Dr. Bhupal Bhetwal and/or Rhonda Garrison? I want to make sure I’m getting and spelling their names right.
They list their faculty in this website. From what I see, there are some names similar to what you’re looking for. Faculty and Staff

Hi all,
I am trying to create my admission portal account but everytime I type in my AMCAS ID# I get the following error: "An error has occurred. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact the administrator."

I tried on 2 separate browsers and cleared browsing history.

I'
Hi all,
I am trying to create my admission portal account but everytime I type in my AMCAS ID# I get the following error: "An error has occurred. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact the administrator."

I tried on 2 separate browsers and cleared browsing history.

You need to use your AACOMAS ID, not AMCAS. They do say to email Linda considering some university firewalls do not allow the site to work well. Good luck!

Anyone else going crazy waiting for today's decisions??

Oof I got placed on the alternate list :/ congrats to everyone who got accepted tho!! Hoping I get off it in the future sometime!

I'm confused about this question on Marian's secondary app:

"6. Do you have plans to complete a postbaccalaureate program or graduate degree prior to matriculation at MU-COM? (If you do not complete this degree, you must notify MU-COM in writing.)

If yes, please indicate degree level and major (e.g., MS Biomedical Science)."

I have completed a postbacc program, but I haven't completed a graduate program/received a graduate degree. I don't know if I should select Yes, and then fill in my bachelor's degree info, or should I just select No since I haven't completed a graduate degree? TIA!