2021-2022 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they send their decisions for the entire interview group on the same day, or did applicants who got accepted typically have to wait longer?
Acceptances come as phone calls. I got mine the following Wednesday after my Friday interview.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I sent in my secondary on 8/5 and still haven't heard back yet. :(

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my primary a few days ago and got the "primary received" email from some other schools, but not here. Do they take a bit to send the primary received email/secondary and such?

I submitted my primary a few days ago and got the "primary received" email from some other schools, but not here. Do they take a bit to send the primary received email/secondary and such?
I submitted my primary a week ago (Thursday) and received the receipt confirmation email the following Wednesday, so it did take longer than expected. Haven’t received a secondary yet.

Anyone who interviewed oct 8 hear back?
I was told that I would hear back today from October 2nd interview because they were behind, but have not heard anything yet.

Last edited:
I interviewed Oct 8 and they emailed saying no decision yet. Hope the Oct 2nd group heard today so Oct 8 group hears next week!! 😲

I was October 2nd group and was told it would be next week until I hear.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I am just getting the complete email submitted 8/22. How long before I hear anything about II, did anyone receive a rejection yet?

I am just getting the complete email submitted 8/22. How long before I hear anything about II, did anyone receive a rejection yet?
Its not a duplicate? Look at the communication in portal

A month from that.
I submitted 07/20, I was complete in portal in August and didn’t get that email until mid September.
II came on 10/12
It’s a long process

got the R a week ago. they didn't send an email it was on the portal sigh

If I've had this secondary for well over a month is it worth completing it? I don't know how true the Thanksgiving rule is for DO schools anymore

I wouldn't call it a rule, but it basically says that it you haven't heard anything by Thanksgiving, you might wanna prepare to reapply.

That isn’t the one I was mentioning — I was talking about the DO lateness thing — but yeah, this one too!

I've heard of lots of people hearing back later on in the cycle (january and feb)...so maybe its not a thing anymore! at least hopefully not

Y'all I JUST checked my portal and saw I had an interview invitation. I never got an email... please check your portals!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Hey all, I have an interview tomorrow for MU-COM but have not received any emails for the zoom link/ID code? Does anyone know if they will be sending us this information any time soon?

For those who have interviewed, did you guys use the sdn interview page to prepare?

Received an acceptance to MU-COM! Canadian applicant! Interviewed October 29th. Received the acceptance call at 1:23 pm EST. Stats: 3.76 overall GPA, overall science 3.75, overall non-science 3.78, MCAT 509. SO DAMN EXCITED

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Just checked my portal and got an R yesterday. Never got an email for it. Good luck to the rest....

• Care
Sorry to hear about the R, did you ever receive an email separate from the “supplemental application received” email saying that you were complete?
yup i got all those emails besides the R. The R was just in the portal under communications.

Update in the communication section of the portal. R for me! good luck to all of you! (no email)

• Care
Any Canadian matriculants/current students in this forum who received a student line of credit for MU-COM? If so please pm me