2021-2022 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the A a few weeks back, is there any accepted student Facebook page or GroupMe or anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the A a few weeks back, is there any accepted student Facebook page or GroupMe or anything?
If you go onto the portal, under "offer" and then "news and events" there is a facebook page

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email yesterday saying my app is complete, I submitted in July lol so I am confused.

Finally received an update saying my application is complete and being forwarded to adcom. Submitted my secondary on 8/15

Reactions: 1 users
been under review since 10/20, and it said it was supposed to only be 4 weeks. when should I expect to hear back? I’ve been checking my portal but still nothing …

They had told me that it could be up to 4 weeks to hear back because this is a busy time of the interview season. So I don't see why they wouldn't be making some calls this Wednesday.

everything in my portal status checklist says complete, but I never received an email saying I was complete..is this normal?

Yes. Totally normal. They send the complete email when they are ready to review your app to see if they want to interview.

II today! 503, OOS but in the Midwest. Super excited this is my first invite and one of my favorite schools!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who accepted, is there a timeline for getting the offer checklist complete? other than paying the seat deposit?

I submitted my primary about a month ago and still have not received a secondary, should I call?

Seat deposits aren’t binding right. But they are used as placeholders right.

Seat deposits aren’t binding right. But they are used as placeholders right.
Yes, I don't think anything is binding right now. Also pay attention to the amount of time you have to submit the deposit. you could leave it till the last minute if you have a month and anticipate more offers coming in. I can see how the $500 would really sting if this weren't your first choice.

Is Marian sending any post-interview rejections or has it mostly been alternate list at this point?

Is there any information on the alternate list at all? They said they dont give out any information. Any idea on when to expect movement?

Is there any information on the alternate list at all? They said they dont give out any information. Any idea on when to expect movement?
Not from them directly but according to the previous years' sdn threads, it seems like they typically start taking people off around March.

got an email today saying:
“Your application is on hold pending receipt of your planned coursework.

Please forward a transcript to AACOMAS as soon as possible once the semester is over. Finally, please note that MU-COM only downloads new and revised applications once a week.”
Anybody know what this could mean? Don’t know if it’s good or bad lol. I have a 3.8 gpa so i’m not sure why this additional semester is necessary to review my application.

got an email today saying:
“Your application is on hold pending receipt of your planned coursework.

Please forward a transcript to AACOMAS as soon as possible once the semester is over. Finally, please note that MU-COM only downloads new and revised applications once a week.”
Anybody know what this could mean? Don’t know if it’s good or bad lol. I have a 3.8 gpa so i’m not sure why this additional semester is necessary to review my application.
Maybe you are taking a course this semester that contains a prereq? Definitely contact Richard Nussle or Linda Overholt about this, they were super helpful whenever I asked questions.

Maybe you are taking a course this semester that contains a prereq? Definitely contact Richard Nussle or Linda Overholt about this, they were super helpful whenever I asked questions.
I'm taking a recommended course (Genetics) but not a required prerequisite, so I'm not too sure. I sent an email to Mr. Nussle. Thanks!

Can any current student or recently accepted student comment on the curriculum style? I am having a hard time finding if MUCOM is more so lecture or self directed based. Also, received an II last week. 501 mcat, 3.83 gpa, OOS and ORM.

Reactions: 3 users
congrats on the interview! mind sharing when you were complete?
Can any current student or recently accepted student comment on the curriculum style? I am having a hard time finding if MUCOM is more so lecture or self directed based. Also, received an II last week. 501 mcat, 3.83 gpa, OOS and ORM.

More lecture based from what I could tell when i visited

anyone received an acceptance today.

edit: just got an acceptance email. I was waiting for a phone call. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet?
I was waitlisted today :/ little bummed but gotta trust the process I guess.
The way Richard Nussle made it seem in the interview was that Marian WL movement doesn’t happen typically until May, so I would guess there hasn’t been anyone taken off yet

has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet?
nope, been waitlisted since October.
I was waitlisted today :/ little bummed but gotta trust the process I guess.
The way Richard Nussle made it seem in the interview was that Marian WL movement doesn’t happen typically until May, so I would guess there hasn’t been anyone taken off yet
Are you sure there isn't any movement before then?

nope, been waitlisted since October.

Are you sure there isn't any movement before then?
Im just going off of what I inferred from the interview 🤷‍♀️ I also hope there’s earlier movement, but you could probably also check last years thread to see when movement started!

just received an II, IS so I am super excited! Any advice for my interview?

Reactions: 2 users
just received an II, IS so I am super excited! Any advice for my interview?
Relax and be yourself! My Marian interviewers and students for the student panel were the nicest and most helpful of all the schools I interviewed with!

II this afternoon! :)
Secondary Received and Submitted on 8/5.
Application Complete email received on 8/11 and also 10/20.

Any tips for interview? Its 30 mins with only 1 interviewer?

II just now. OOS, 508, 3.59...also the only date I could select for was 2/4

Thrilled to receive an II from MU-COM today! I don't see any time slots to choose from though. I emailed admissions, has this happened to anyone else?