2021-2022 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

What's up SC folks

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone recieve a secondary here yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
are we supposed to wait to receive an email with the link to complete the secondary or are we supposed to fill it out? I found the link to apply on their website and my AMCAS has been verified.

are we supposed to wait to receive an email with the link to complete the secondary or are we supposed to fill it out? I found the link to apply on their website and my AMCAS has been verified.
The website says applicants will receive a link to complete secondary, where did you find the link?

I dont even see an option to apply through that link. Im just gonna wait for an email
Received an email today for MD/PhD. You just go one their website and make an account. On the page @KIWI99 listed, you can click "Start Your Application" on the left side, and that would probably let you in assuming they opened the MD one too.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an email today for MD/PhD. You just go one their website and make an account. On the page @KIWI99 listed, you can click "Start Your Application" on the left side, and that would probably let you in assuming they opened the MD one too.
Ill message a current student now and see if they have any information about the confusion, but I see what you are saying. I didn't see that option since I was on mobile.

I dont even see an option to apply through that link. Im just gonna wait for an email

Ill message a current student now and see if they have any information about the confusion, but I see what you are saying. I didn't see that option since I was on mobile.
I just got a personal confirmation email from the dean that they received my application so it should be fine to do

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says temporary error when I click the link to apply now
I messaged the admissions office and they said do not use that to apply until receiving a secondary email from them. 2 other students I messaged said the same thing.

I messaged the admissions office and they said do not use that to apply until receiving a secondary email from them. 2 other students I messaged said the same thing.
Mine says temporary error when I click the link to apply now
I received an email to apply at this link, but it does not work. Seems like the app link is broken right now

App is working again, there are some MD/PhD prompts
@wysdoc

For the Essay section, write a paragraph that includes discussion of the following:
  • why do you want to come to MUSC - MUST RESPOND TO THIS
  • research you want to pursue in graduate school
  • have you been impacted by COVID? If so, please explain
You also have to attach a CV or resume

Does anyone elses application on the CNET application portal say National Application "Not yet received"? Does this mean my secondary is received but not my amcas primary? I sent an email but they are out of the office for a bit I believe

Still waiting on secondary. IS applicant.

App is working again, there are some MD/PhD prompts
@wysdoc

For the Essay section, write a paragraph that includes discussion of the following:
  • why do you want to come to MUSC - MUST RESPOND TO THIS
  • research you want to pursue in graduate school
  • have you been impacted by COVID? If so, please explain
You also have to attach a CV or resume
is there a word limit for each paragraph?

Meanwhile I got notice my MSTP app was complete, and sent to a reviewer today and interview decisions will be made within 2-3 weeks! Crazy the IS ones haven’t gone out yet!

Meanwhile I got notice my MSTP app was complete, and sent to a reviewer today and interview decisions will be made within 2-3 weeks! Crazy the IS ones haven’t gone out yet!
Yea seems odd considering I dont even think they are gonna use actual essays for the secondary

Any news? This is the only school I haven’t gotten a secondary from.

IS just got the email today for the secondary

OOS secondary received, am I correct that there are no essay questions???

Reactions: 1 user
I turned in my secondary this week through the collegenet portal and wasnt stopped at all from doing that. I am going to email the admissions office and make sure that it is alright that they received that prior to sending out the email. I assumed this was alright because their admissions site says secondary can be turned in starting July 1st.

Ok so I reached out to the admissions committee and was told to wait for the email. They confirmed that my primary had been received but told me to wait for the email for the secondary. I am not seeing the email that was sent to IS applicants which makes me wonder if it didn't send to me because I already had turned in the secondary through the collegenet portal. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ok so I reached out to the admissions committee and was told to wait for the email. They confirmed that my primary had been received but told me to wait for the email for the secondary. I am not seeing the email that was sent to IS applicants which makes me wonder if it didn't send to me because I already had turned in the secondary through the collegenet portal. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
I would definitely call or email the adcom again.

I'm in the same situation, already submitted but then didn't get the email today- let us know what adcom says if you do reach back out to them

I'm in the same situation, already submitted but then didn't get the email today- let us know what adcom says if you do reach back out to them
“The online application to the Medical University of South Carolina that you just completed has been successfully submitted. To verify when it has been processed (usually 1-3 days later), please check your personal activity page at ___________”

This is what it says after submitting the secondary. Maybe check the activity page and see if everything is all good to go.

anybody know how strict they are on the close ties thing? I was not able to check off any of the boxes for the close ties but have been in and out of south carolina for times totaling around 2 years

when I look on the activity page, it says that my secondary was sent AND confirmed in the same fashion as last year's was. Everything looks exactly the same. So maybe it's ok?

anybody know how strict they are on the close ties thing? I was not able to check off any of the boxes for the close ties but have been in and out of south carolina for times totaling around 2 years
They are pretty strict on the close ties, I believe.

Very strict. I know a guy who literally lived in SC for 2 straight years and had family here but his legal residence was in NY and even he got rejected because he didnt have ties

What are y'all feeling about the AnMed program?

Anyone else send in the secondary early and not get the email to access it later? I really want to figure out what that means

Hi Everyone! I was wondering if everyone has to fill out the petition for SC residency form even if your state of residence says SC on your AMCAS application?

What are y'all feeling about the AnMed program?
I mean if you wanna do primary care go for it. Anderson is a pretty boring area IMO and I personally wouldn’t want to spend 2 years of med school there.

Nothin on the MSTP side either, hopefully will hear something soon!