2021-2022 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is considered the higher end?
In terms of this DO program I would say 510+ based on the numbers posted here.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II received today. OOS, non-traditional, 3.5 cGPA, 515 MCAT. Complete 8/19.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does CCOM accept pre-II updates? I got notified by my old PI our work finally got published. Should I wait to send an update if they allow them in the first place?

Did anyone get a post-interview invite to visit Erie Campus in person? Has anyone done this and was it good?

• Angry
Does anyone know how long this interview day is? Trying to rearrange my work schedule for my interview on Monday that I've received v few details about

Anyone receive an II yet with less than a 510 MCAT?

I had my virtual interview yesterday, along with 14 other candidates. It was their first interview day of the cycle. There was a group introduction with the admissions director, then we logged out until our assigned times, where we came back into breakout rooms with two interviewers. One was a faculty member, the other was an MS3 or MS4. Then, we came back to another group session about what to expect next, more information about aid and campus, followed by a 3-student panel we were allowed to ask questions to.

The interview itself was semi-closed, in that they had access to our secondary application, but not our primary. I was asked questions about my travels and activities since graduation, relating them to medicine, and my overall life story. The experience was much more relaxed than I had imagined. They were interested in me as a person and seemed eager to share information about the school with me.

Hopefully this is my first A of the cycle! Good luck to everyone waiting on II / interviewing soon!

Reactions: 11 users
Do they call themselves/Should I refer to them as CCOM or Midwestern University during my interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed today, absolutely loved it. So heartbroken over their tuition and lack of scholarship opportunities!!!!! Whyyyy CCOM, whyyyyy!??!?

I logged in to the CCOM portal and all I can see/do is a demographics update. Anybody else experience this?

I logged in to the CCOM portal and all I can see/do is a demographics update. Anybody else experience this?
yup everytime i log in, they ask me more and more questions lol.

• Haha
Current M1 here so I listed answers to a few common questions

Avg stats?
our matriculating class was 3.6 and 510

Do they accept updates?
yes, they like to know that you want them.

COA is high, are there hidden scholarships?
I think you can find most of them on the website if you look, but to my knowledge not really. I think they offer some money to their top students, but not a lot. We have a lot of kids on the military scholarships because of the COA.

Do they do silent rejections?
No - they have no problem letting you go

When do interviews stop?
usually in April or May. People still get in after these because a lot of people turn them down due to COA.

Lots of WL movement?
Yeah I think so. Not really something I talked to others about as med students are usually high strung.

Are people nice/do you like them?
I guess. some are and some are rude.

Avg age of class?
I think it is 24

I can try to answer more questions at some point when I am bored.

Current M1 here so I listed answers to a few common questions

Avg stats?
our matriculating class was 3.6 and 510

Do they accept updates?
yes, they like to know that you want them.

COA is high, are there hidden scholarships?
I think you can find most of them on the website if you look, but to my knowledge not really. I think they offer some money to their top students, but not a lot. We have a lot of kids on the military scholarships because of the COA.

Do they do silent rejections?
No - they have no problem letting you go

When do interviews stop?
usually in April or May. People still get in after these because a lot of people turn them down due to COA.

Lots of WL movement?
Yeah I think so. Not really something I talked to others about as med students are usually high strung.

Are people nice/do you like them?
I guess. some are and some are rude.

Avg age of class?
I think it is 24

I can try to answer more questions at some point when I am bored.
Wow those are some high stats.

Any 2020-2021 MABS students get an interview yet? Since the MCAT for this years matriculating class is higher the articulation agreement requirements are gonna go up as well :(

II about a month ago, I forgot to post here. Complete 6/28. My interview is 9/29, This school looks so appealing, really looking forward to it.

Those who have been interviewed - are interviewers partially or fullly blinded?

Please describe your actual interview. What type of questions they are looking for the applicant to answer? From personal file or ethical scenarios? How long was your interview and would appreciate key pointers.

Please describe your actual interview. What type of questions they are looking for the applicant to answer? From personal file or ethical scenarios? How long was your interview and would appreciate key pointers.
Sure! Sorry, my initial post was so vague. So the interview is thirty minutes and it is a panel-style interview with a Ph.D. and a 3rd or 4th-year medical student. The reason they don't have your primary application is because they don't want your grades/MCAT to be a factor/bias in the interview process. Additionally, they have not read your personal statement so the interviewers are looking for your ability to convey why medicine and show your passion towards wanting to become a physician. The very important questions to be ready for are (like for any medical school interview)- Why osteopathic medicine/why DO? Why medicine? Tell me about yourself, Why CCOM? The rest will be somewhat random. Be prepared for a question off your resume. I didn't get an ethical question but I've heard a lot of people do. It is super laid back and the interviewers are great so don't worry about it. PM me if you want to chat about it.

Also- you get time to ask them questions at the end so be prepared

Reactions: 3 users
hey you guys, I'm going a little neurotic on this dumb CV and how to categorize it. how did you guys categorize yours? Did you do a separate section for college extracurriculars or list them under volunteer experience? do you have a separate section for clinical experience that includes both clinical employment and volunteer work? What did u put physician shadowing under? help plsss

For the first group that interviewed, did they say we will hear back in 2 weeks or 3 weeks about the admissions team decesion?

hey you guys, I'm going a little neurotic on this dumb CV and how to categorize it. how did you guys categorize yours? Did you do a separate section for college extracurriculars or list them under volunteer experience? do you have a separate section for clinical experience that includes both clinical employment and volunteer work? What did u put physician shadowing under? help plsss
I used my university's template for the College of Natural Sciences resume. I added a section called "Clinical Experience and Physician Shadowing" where I put down shadowing and online clinical classes.

Current student here. Best decision I made was choosing to come to CCOM- awesome faculty and our classmates are super bright. Happy to answer any questions! :) y'all got this!

Current student here. Best decision I made was choosing to come to CCOM- awesome faculty and our classmates are super bright. Happy to answer any questions! :) y'all got this!
Are the clinical rotations etc super far from campus?
Also just a general question but, is the curriculum really hard, like do you have time to do things outside of just studying?

Also just a general question but, is the curriculum really hard, like do you have time to do things outside of just studying?
Wondering about the curriculum as well. I heard CCOM has almost weekly exams/quizzes how tough is this to manage?

I would not consider clinical rotations far but you do have to drive. Some sites are closer to campus, while others are closer to/in the city (some folks move 3rd and 4th year to the city). Many of my classmates chose CCOM for the quality of our rotations.

The pace of curriculum can be difficult at times because of our high testing frequency. However, I find that it keeps you honest about what you know and what you don't. It is a learning curve but you get used to the pace! Prioritizing fun and relaxation require intentionality and effort but that is the case at any school! Personally, I find that I am able to make time. :)

Reactions: 4 users
For the first group that interviewed, did they say we will hear back in 2 weeks or 3 weeks about the admissions team decesion?
I just interviewed this morning and I must say of all the interviews I've had, this school's was easily the best, very organized and made you feel so comfortable, like having a conversation. They said decisions will come in around 2 weeks

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an II today. Stats: GPA: 3.57, sGPA: 3.49, MCAT: 511

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm IS

Last edited:
I just interviewed this morning and I must say of all the interviews I've had, this school's was easily the best, very organized and made you feel so comfortable, like having a conversation. They said decisions will come in around 2 weeks
Can I ask how long did the interview and the information session last?

Can I ask how long did the interview and the information session last?
Sure. My interview time was really early, 6 am cos I'm on the west coast. They had an information session for an hour then everyone was given an interview time, mine was after 2 hours, so I went and took a nap, lol. Then I had my interview, it was with a professor and a student. They were super cool and easy going. Then a pause and a question answer part. The whole thing ended at noon. Long day, but very informative.

Sure. My interview time was really early, 6 am cos I'm on the west coast. They had an information session for an hour then everyone was given an interview time, mine was after 2 hours, so I went and took a nap, lol. Then I had my interview, it was with a professor and a student. They were super cool and easy going. Then a pause and a question answer part. The whole thing ended at noon. Long day, but very informative.
Thanks for the info.

Did anyone that interviewed 9/17 get a decision today?
Not yet, I imagine today might have been an interview day, so they will begin letting us know later this afternoon or beginning of next week. Let's hope for good news for both of us!

i can't find this school's match list for 2021. Is it just me? Could somebody please help me out? TIA

Got the acceptance email!! Now just waiting for the call.

just got the accepted email as well. good luck to everyone else applying!!!