2021-2022 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

do we need to take the AAMC SJT exam for our app to be complete here or is it fine if we just took Casper?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone respond when they have supplemental apps from MH.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if MSM has to receive the MCAT score before they send out supplemental? How do they screen for supplemental app send outs?

Anyone know around what date we can expect secondaries

Mhm so when does morehouse start sending secondaries? Schools like GW already started sending interviews

I missed my SJT appointment a day ago, and apparently a no show counts as my only attempt for this year that we are allowed. I already submitted my primary to Morehouse, anyone know if we can still apply without the SJT?

Morehouse School of Medicine has received your AMCAS application. We will now process your application and will update you regarding your status when that changes.

Got this today

I missed my SJT appointment a day ago, and apparently a no show counts as my only attempt for this year that we are allowed. I already submitted my primary to Morehouse, anyone know if we can still apply without the SJT?
Just tried to take it and encountered some technical issues, were u able to reschedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all.

I just received my SJT score, and I received a 5 (55th percentile). I had been ready to write and submit their secondary, but will this score hurt my chances at Morehouse?

Hi all.

I just received my SJT score, and I received a 5 (55th percentile). I had been ready to write and submit their secondary, but will this score hurt my chances at Morehouse?
I just received a secondary and my SJT score as well, and I bombed it somehow so I'm considering not submitting my secondary.. But I did much worse than you so I think you might be alright since a 5 is closer to a 9 than a 1!

how much does morehouse weigh the SJT? I took it and had a really bad experience with proctorU, and didn't score well.

how much does morehouse weigh the SJT? I took it and had a really bad experience with proctorU, and didn't score well.
I'm in the same boat. I did great on Casper but bombed the SJT. I was looking and it says that it is a requirement for them and they do use it as an admissions factor so I'm considering saving my money and not submitting the secondary.

I'm in the same boat. I did great on Casper but bombed the SJT. I was looking and it says that it is a requirement for them and they do use it as an admissions factor so I'm considering saving my money and not submitting the secondary.
oh me too!! casper was a breeze, but this test was so whack,,, i'm considered in state for morehouse so im still debating whether or not to submit a secondary

I just received a secondary and my SJT score as well, and I bombed it somehow so I'm considering not submitting my secondary.. But I did much worse than you so I think you might be alright since a 5 is closer to a 9 than a 1!
If the rest of your application is ready, my advice would be go for it. But secondaries cost time and money, so do whatever you feel is best of course.

Does Morehouse consider CASPer or SJT?
Morehouse is looking at SJT scores this cycle.

Secondary received this morning. OOS, re-applicant, and non-trad. Actually was WL (after interviewed) and ultimately rejected last time I applied. Interested to see if they off me an interview this cycle... 🤞

Last edited:
Secondary received this morning. OOS, re-applicant, and non-trad. Actually was WL (after interviewed) and ultimately rejected last time I applied. Interested to see if they off me an interview this cycle... 🤞
can you post the prompts?

can you post the prompts?
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page.​

What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to (Administrative, teaching, patient care, research)? In which size community do you think you would like to practice? (Large metropolitan, small city, large town, small town/rural area/reservation). Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections. (no word limit)​

same here... were you guys able to reschedule or anything?
yea you can email AAMC SJT and ask them to request the reschedule. You're supposed to let them know if you miss it within 24 hours, but I think they might still consider it if you email them.

@lela013 do you mind sharing your previous stats? I have subpar scores and not sure if I should retake the mcat or just apply... If it's too personal to say here, will it be possible to email?

I have to email aamcSJT too, I missed my date because I was in the hospital (not for me though), so I hope they understand. I'm a bit shocked I didn't get an email about missing my date or an email like the day before or something. they sent me an email reminding me about my test a week prior.

I see the main essay, about motivations to apply to Morehouse says 9999 characters, but mine is only about 500 words and 2000 characters.

I see the main essay, about motivations to apply to Morehouse says 9999 characters, but mine is only about 500 words and 2000 characters.
It says keep the response to about 1 page. 500 words is 1-page single spaced, so I think that would be an appropriate limit.

I submitted my secondary yesterday and got no email about payment or submission. Should I be worried? Should I contact them?

Anyone else just got another email? I already submitted my secondary. Oh they want us to upload a headshot

Does anyone know if MSM will review your application before receiving your SJT score?

In regards to this question, "What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to: 1. Administration 2. Teaching 3. Patient Care 4. Research", do we just list the percentages or should we go into detail about why we think we'll be devoting that much time? I'm just a bit confused because it doesn't ask to elaborate but it does have a 999 character count. Thoughts? Edit: NVM, they ask to elaborate in the following question.

Last edited:
anyone get an II?
Lol I already replied to you man.. I don't know if you're not reading our answers properly so I'll say it again. Many of us have already gotten our secondaries. You should be good if you just got verified and applied. They just haven't gotten to you yet.

Lol I already replied to you man.. I don't know if you're not reading our answers properly so I'll say it again. Many of us have already gotten our secondaries. You should be good if you just got verified and applied. They just haven't gotten to you yet.
II usually stands for Interview Invite

I did secondary a while ago. Wondering if anyone got II (interview invite)