2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also saw that some previous classes received iPads, albeit paid for by the technology fee. Does this still happen?
Most likely yes

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a match list for this school specifically? I know they've already graduated a class, but I only see a match list for the NY campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted back in October but will be declining my acceptance offer to NYITCOM-JB to attend another program. To those waitlisted or currently waiting on an II, I hope my seat goes to one of you and wish you the best of luck during the ongoing application cycle! :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
For those that paid the deposit via your checking account, did it get automatically processed or did it take a few days?

Reactions: 1 user
II yesterday; technically complete October 5th (had to wait for that committee letter o_O)
Hope this gives someone hope!

Any acceptances this month? I was hoping to hear back today. Interviewed October 28th

Any acceptances this month? I was hoping to hear back today. Interviewed October 28th
You haven’t heard back since October 28th? That’s over a month now. I would try emailing them. I interviewed last cycle on March 29th and was waitlisted on 4/21. I am a re-applicant for this current cycle and I interviewed on 12/3. I wonder if they are backed up?

You haven’t heard back since October 28th? That’s over a month now. I would try emailing them. I interviewed last cycle on March 29th and was waitlisted on 4/21. I am a re-applicant for this current cycle and I interviewed on 12/3. I wonder if they are backed up?
I'm hoping they're backed up. Also, lots of people from past cycle had to wait two months for an A. I'm defiantly emailing them if I don't hear back in the next batch.
And I'm also a re-applicant. Applied to the 2019-2020 cycle and was waitlisted. Hoping for a better outcome for both of us this cycle!

• Care
Just withdrew my acceptance here, good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
For those that paid the deposit via your checking account, did it get automatically processed or did it take a few days?
I did it on Friday and got a receipt, but did not get an email from NYITCOM until today. Haven’t checked my bank to see if it’s gone but as far as yesterday it was not taken out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did it on Friday and got a receipt, but did not get an email from NYITCOM until today. Haven’t checked my bank to see if it’s gone but as far as yesterday it was not taken out.
I also got the confirmation email saying that they received my deposit and I got the receipt from my payment. I just called the bursar and they said it takes a few days for payment made via your checking account to process.

I also got the confirmation email saying that they received my deposit and I got the receipt from my payment. I just called the bursar and they said it takes a few days for payment made via your checking account to process.
Ooh ok thanks for letting me know! I checked my bank account and it wasn’t showing up so I was a little worried because the NYITCOM email said they already got the money. So I was wondering what happened.

If any accepted students or soon to be accepted students would like to talk about housing please shoot me a message!

Did anyone else get a second acceptance email just now? I was accepted in October and already paid my deposit for the December 14 deadline but I just got another Acceptance Email right now with a deposit due date in January. Most likely an error but just wanted to know if anybody else got this.

Did anyone else get a second acceptance email just now? I was accepted in October and already paid my deposit for the December 14 deadline but I just got another Acceptance Email right now with a deposit due date in January. Most likely an error but just wanted to know if anybody else got this.
I got it too. They just followed up with a second email saying it was a system error.

... and here i am just waiting to hear back since September LOL

I was just accepted. But it was my first acceptance letter from them lol. I never got one earlier.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got my first A here! So excited and wish everyone best of luck!

507, 3.7, OOS, interviewed 11/12

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted today! Interviewed on 12/3. Congrats to those accepted and good luck to everyone else!!!!

Accepted! So excited to connect with you all. Best of luck for those still in the running!

Reactions: 4 users
Are there any current students or applicants that have had to choose between NYITCOM-AR and ARCOM? I’ve been accepted to both and am having a hard time making a decision. I was just wondering if anyone was in the same situation and could explain what helped them decide!

Where are rotations in 3rd and 4th year held, and does anyone have any insight on how students are assigned to these locations? I am OOS, accepted here and just trying to get a feel for whereabouts in the region I may spend time over the next 4 years. Thanks in advance.

Where are rotations in 3rd and 4th year held, and does anyone have any insight on how students are assigned to these locations? I am OOS, accepted here and just trying to get a feel for whereabouts in the region I may spend time over the next 4 years. Thanks in advance.
Current 3rd year. You rank the spots that are available and then you get matched into them in a ranked lottery system. Major sites are Jonesboro, Memphis, Little Rock, Fayetteville, Shreveport Louisianna, Some in Missouri, and so on. You just rank your sites (There's tons of them) and then most people end up in their top 5. However, it's possible to go anywhere. Anyone seriously considering ANY rural medical school needs to be okay with being put literally anywhere for rotations because that is the purpose of schools like us. That being said, tons of learning happens in our smaller and more rural locations and they get to see and do the coolest things. Most people will be at major locations, but it's possible to be in cities like Monticello Arkansas. 4th-year rotations are kind of on your terms, you just need to set them up because this is your time to explore specialties and do audition rotations for programs you apply to, so where you are, just depends on you.

Are there any current students or applicants that have had to choose between NYITCOM-AR and ARCOM? I’ve been accepted to both and am having a hard time making a decision. I was just wondering if anyone was in the same situation and could explain what helped them decide!
I did not have to choose between ARCOM and NYITCOM when applying. But I had to choose between many good schools and landed here because I had a great feeling during my interview, and loved the connection we have with research and resources with ASU. Also, I was more familiar with the big name of NYITCOM since I am from the east coast, and the name, pull and resources of the school definitely come in handy in certain aspects. ARCOM is an excellent program and they are showing great promise. Their campus looks great and the students I have worked with there seem to love it. Be extremely wary of any posts on SDN bashing our campus, because most of these people seem to be from ARCOM and have unsubstantiated claims. The main thing is that they are cheaper, but we have a more established history and track record of creating great graduates and alumni and we are on our way to graduating our 3rd class. NYITCOM has full accreditation, ARCOM has accreditation with heightened monitoring. We have had plenty of people match into competitive specialties without issue. I could be wrong and would love to hear ARCOMs take on this, but it seems that we have more outreach within the state with different physician organizations and are heavily involved with the Arkansas legislature to help inform healthcare policies. I have seen our campus. be more involved in the area and state and usually are missing ARCOM in the picture. We usually meet with the governor every year and tour the capital, but haven't recently due to covid. We have a lot in the works, and you can view my original post at the very beginning of this forum (First post on page 1). I think in the end choose where you feel like you fit in the most! I usually try to avoid heavily swaying anyone, because anyone who is from either campus will try to sway you so do your research and go with your gut feeling!

I just received an offer for a second interview. I interviewed the first time Dec 2nd and I feel confident that it went really well. I've never heard of a second interview though? Is this normal?

I just received an offer for a second interview. I interviewed the first time Dec 2nd and I feel confident that it went really well. I've never heard of a second interview though? Is this normal?
It's not normal generally, but for NYIT it seems some get called in for a second interview. I saw some from past cycles reporting this!

NYIT hasn't sent any ii recently. Is the class full? I've been complete since July and silence :/