2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am having trouble signing into my nyit portal. it was working okay yesterday.
anyone else having similar problems today?
I was also trying to figure this out

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh. Super frustrated, got pulled from the waitlist today at KCU, and still nothing from here. Funny how this is the only school I sent an LOI for, and have been constantly stalking on SDN, waiting for a miracle and the other 3 acceptance I gave 0 thoughts to.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got accepted off of the waitlist.. and now I don't know what to do because I already accepted elsewhere since they took so long and this was my dream school :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted off of the waitlist.. and now I don't know what to do because I already accepted elsewhere since they took so long and this was my dream school :(
Go to your dream school! Congrats!

Congratulations future doctor!! What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking ?

I was also accepted off the waitlist yesterday! Interviewed in September, waitlisted in January, and accepted yesterday. In-state applicant.

Don't lose hope guys! Stay in touch with the school and let them know you're still interested!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also accepted off the waitlist yesterday! Interviewed in September, waitlisted in January, and accepted yesterday. In-state applicant.

Don't lose hope guys! Stay in touch with the school and let them know you're still interested!!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congratulations future doctor!! What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking ?
yea I dont mind at all 501 MCAT interviewed September, waitlisted January !

Reactions: 1 users

Hi, congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what are some ways you stayed in touch with the school? I sent a few letters and transcript updates, not sure if its worth sending another letter or email or anything. Thank you! :)

Just got off the WL today! Interviewed in October, WL in January

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else receive another “confirm your interest” email? Strange since I sent another letter of intent last week

Got one also. My heart was pitter pattering when I was trying to open the email…. Just WL confirmation haha 😆

Is it me or is this the 3rd “confirm your interest” email I've gotten since February 2022.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten one....
I was wondering bc I wasn’t sure if it was targeted to a few people or if it was a pretty generic one to everyone again.

I too almost freaked out bc I thought it was my turn 🥲

• Care
Forgot to mention it on here but got off the waitlist on Friday! I Interviewed in February and was put on the waitlist in March!
I think sending a LOI and calling the school definitely helped me get in!
Good luck to everyone waiting:)

Forgot to mention it on here but got off the waitlist on Friday! I Interviewed in February and was put on the waitlist in March!
I think sending a LOI and calling the school definitely helped me get in!
Good luck to everyone waiting:)
Hey, congrats!! :)

When you called, did you ask about your spot on the waitlist or discuss something else with them? Trying to stay in touch as much as I can with them, so just curious on how others have stayed in touch!

I did both, hasn't worked for me lol.

accepted today, reapplicant 2nd cycle interview in oct wl in jan. im so thankful. hang in there, everyone. everything will be okay

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the WL! Interviewed in Jan, WL in Feb. Hang in there everybody, it's not over yet. Good luck!

Welp. Gotta move to MO in 7 days, guess this is it for me lol.

If anyone needs housing still PM me, 3 br 2 bath apt available in glen cove, great location, super easy going landlord

In the same boat. Gotta move soon. I’m trying to hold on as long as possible. :(
Did you hear back? I am already in Orientation and got my white coat lol, going to withdraw from the waitlist. Fortunate anyway to have had 3 As, I'd call this a successful cycle.

3 weeks till orientation and im the clown still holding onto hope :/
Good luck to yall that ended up going elsewhere and starting your medical school journeys!

• Care
Hey does anyone know if NYITCOM gives an iPad or laptop to their students?

Last minute, but is anyone looking for a female roommate, or know of any places I can check out for housing?