2021-2022 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL today, interviewed 11/3

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know where to find the average mcat and gpa for the first class? I can’t find it on ChooseDO or their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a II. Complete 9/22 , MCAT 507 GPA 3.3x, ORM

Reactions: 2 users
II today, complete 10/19! Last 60 @ 4.0, 509, OOS

Reactions: 1 user
II (completed at the deadline)!!! FYI my Interview is in early 2022 and November/December interview days were booked up

Members don't see this ad :)
Got placed on interview waitlist. hoping to get off of it. this is one of my top choices.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview waitlist also!! Am excited for this school. Hopefully there is movement.

Got placed on interview waitlist. hoping to get off of it. this is one of my top choices.
If you don't mind me asking, what makes this one of your top choices? I've applied here but I'm still trying to decide if this school is going to encounter challenges. Mainly in clinical rotations given how most of the best hospitals are already taken by the U and RVU.

If you don't mind me asking, what makes this one of your top choices? I've applied here but I'm still trying to decide if this school is going to encounter challenges. Mainly in clinical rotations given how most of the best hospitals are already taken by the U and RVU.
They won't have any issues with clinical rotations. They actually have core rotations all guaranteed within 40 minutes of NOORDA for the next 10 years. Great program!

I’ve been going to the Friday faculty events and the schools seems to offer so much of what I’m looking for in a School: wellness programs, different learning curriculum with pods, location, and the staff seems to really care about their students. They have clinical rotation agreements with local hospitals they said.

Completed my II on 11/9. Still waiting to hear back! The waiting is killing me!

Anyone still waiting on receiving a secondary? I was waitlisted last cycle... and just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat 😅

Anyone still waiting on receiving a secondary? I was waitlisted last cycle... and just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat 😅
same i submitted my primary on 9/29. Was high tier waitlist last cycle did the application feedback after not getting off the waitlist, took their feedback and still nothing …

Been waiting for a month now, submitted primary mid October. If their class is filling up they may not send secondaries out to late applicants…
I don't think mid October is too late. I think I submitted around that same time last cycle, and I submitted late September this cycle sooo not too far off. I've emailed them twice already about any updates and they said the same thing about sending secondaries in batches. I think there are a lot more applicants this year than last cycle. Crossing my fingers for us!

same i submitted my primary on 9/29. Was high tier waitlist last cycle did the application feedback after not getting off the waitlist, took their feedback and still nothing …
Was high tier also... all we can do is wait and hope for the best :xf:

can anyone speak to how their interview was in general? this is my first interview invite and this is my second application cycle so to say im excited is an understatement :)

can anyone speak to how their interview was in general? this is my first interview invite and this is my second application cycle so to say im excited is an understatement :)
Interview was amazing. Very nice people. The dean is one of a kind and is extremely welcoming!

Interview was amazing. Very nice people. The dean is one of a kind and is extremely welcoming!
I agree. The dean seems like a very nice guy. I felt like it was pretty laid back. The first 15-30 minutes are just a group Zoom with the dean and other faculty. They go over some things about the school. Then you break off into a seperate break out room with interviewer for about 35 minutes. I thought it was low key and a lot more ethical/political questions than I had practiced for but not really stressful though. Than you join the normal room again for questions and some more information. MIne lasted a little under 1.5 hours.

I agree. The dean seems like a very nice guy. I felt like it was pretty laid back. The first 15-30 minutes are just a group Zoom with the dean and other faculty. They go over some things about the school. Then you break off into a seperate break out room with interviewer for about 35 minutes. I thought it was low key and a lot more ethical/political questions than I had practiced for but not really stressful though. Than you join the normal room again for questions and some more information. MIne lasted a little under 1.5 hours.
great! thank you both! I hope our interviews went well :)

Secondary received! Complete early November

Current student here. I mostly have positive things to say. Of course there are always going to be the classic issues with a new school but I don't think it is affecting our accumulation of knowledge and clinical skills so far. It's kind of unfortunate that we will probably not be able to experience the new building like the all the rest of the classes but it isn't that big of a deal.

The top things for me are the responsiveness of the faculty to our needs (they have taken our suggestions and already improved in a few areas), close contact with the faculty (think OMM lab and clinical skills lab - 8 students with a faculty member for 2 hours), and the flexibility to do the curriculum how you want. It is also an exceptionally collaborative atmosphere with our class and I really didn't expect that.
So could you elaborate on this? I know they’re renting that office space in south Provo. Do you guys even use that building? Do you spend a lot of time on BYU campus? Does it feel like you’re at an actual medical school? I’m just wanting to hear more of the overall feel/environment there.

So could you elaborate on this? I know they’re renting that office space in south Provo. Do you guys even use that building? Do you spend a lot of time on BYU campus? Does it feel like you’re at an actual medical school? I’m just wanting to hear more of the overall feel/environment there.
We use that building most days and I've never stepped foot onto BYU campus. Granted, it would feel weird to me to go to another college's campus that I was not a part of at some point.

I'm not sure what an "actual" medical school feels like but we are learning quite a bit and it seems like the school has a heavy clinical focus. But no, we do not have a lecture hall or anything like that. The best feel I can give you is that it just feels like you are working with a small number of students. I just show up in the afternoon and map out the main ideas with my friends for an hour or two. Our labs (OMM and clinical) probably make it feel way more like medical school because we get a lot of interaction with the faculty and we are learning different techniques or exam styles.

If you are looking for a brick building with beautiful architecture and a lot of history, this will obviously not be a very satisfying place for you. But if you like the idea of working in small groups and a lot of faculty exposure, then I would consider it. To me, it just seems like they emphasize what is important and they don’t get bogged down by the tradition of how medical school has always been done in the past.

• Love
mind sharing stats? ive been complete since 9/18 and still no secondary lol
Not at all! 503, 3.5 GPA, 4.0 SMP, lots of DO shadowing and worked at a PCP clinic with many DO's. Happy to answer more questions if you have them!

Really hoping you get one too! Noorda sounds like a great school

We use that building most days and I've never stepped foot onto BYU campus. Granted, it would feel weird to me to go to another college's campus that I was not a part of at some point.

I'm not sure what an "actual" medical school feels like but we are learning quite a bit and it seems like the school has a heavy clinical focus. But no, we do not have a lecture hall or anything like that. The best feel I can give you is that it just feels like you are working with a small number of students. I just show up in the afternoon and map out the main ideas with my friends for an hour or two. Our labs (OMM and clinical) probably make it feel way more like medical school because we get a lot of interaction with the faculty and we are learning different techniques or exam styles.

If you are looking for a brick building with beautiful architecture and a lot of history, this will obviously not be a very satisfying place for you. But if you like the idea of working in small groups and a lot of faculty exposure, then I would consider it. To me, it just seems like they emphasize what is important and they don’t get bogged down by the tradition of how medical school has always been done in the past.
What are some weaknesses/ downsides/ no-so-good things you see about the school? I have attended and seen all faculty Fridays and they always talk about the best things they can offer. But it would also be interesting to hear the bad things about the school as well.

Withdrawing my A, hope it goes out to one of you !!
Good luck future doctors :)

Just got waitlisted.. wondering if anyone from last cycle has a timeline for when/if I will hear if I’m accepted or rejected

What are some weaknesses/ downsides/ no-so-good things you see about the school? I have attended and seen all faculty Fridays and they always talk about the best things they can offer. But it would also be interesting to hear the bad things about the school as well.
Sure, they have weaknesses but they are also trying really hard to address them. For instance, I know some medical schools will give you old tests to look at and study for the upcoming test. Obviously Noorda doesn't have tests but they do have several quiz questions (they don't count for points but resemble the test) and give us access to a question bank for boards since we typically do boards style questions.

The other potential downside is that some of the faculty are just better at making videos/content than others. However, the fact that some faculty are better than others is a universal problem and not specific to Noorda.

If you are deciding between this school and another, I think it really comes down to how much you value reputation (we obviously don't have one yet) and what learning style is going to be most conducive to your success. I personally like very little oversight and a lot of leeway. If you need more structure and don't like to plan out your own day, going to this school would be a challenge.

Has noorda rejected anyone post interview? Also do we know if they will do tiers this year and tell us our rank on waitlist?

Has noorda rejected anyone post interview? Also do we know if they will do tiers this year and tell us our rank on waitlist?
I can't answer your first part. However, for the second part, I don't think they have tiers this year as it wasn't mentioned in the email about ranks or tiers for the waitlist. I got waitlisted as well. So really hoping they'll maybe provide us more updates on this.

I’m not admissions but I am a current student lol. They informed us during orientation that the average mcat was 504 and the average cgpa:3.4 sgpa:3.3
I’m not sure on the instate/ out of state statistics but it does seem like a good number of students either are from Utah or went to undergrad here. I personally did not have any ties to Utah.
I’m so excited to eventually meet the incoming students! I know y’all will get to love the faculty as much as all of us do.
Do you know if they send secondaries to students below 500 by a few points?