2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At my interview day (late sept) they said most of us would hear back in december so I don’t think they’ve sent decisions to everyone from before 10/14 lol
I think you misunderstood. I said that they sent decisions to people up to 10/14. That means that they've discussed the applicants who have interviewed up to 10/14 and have sent out some decisions (which includes september interviewees). That doesn't preclude that some people from those dates will receive a decision later.

Members don't see this ad.

Does this include the ones who interviewed in November? From this thread it seems those who have gotten interviewed in September/October either got a call or their portals updated in November?

Would the ones who interviewed in November hear in December the earliest?
Nobody in this thread knows, but it's very unlikely that people who interviewed in November already got discussed by the committee.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! Did ur portal update? Also stats? Were you a reapp?
Thank you! And my portal changed to "decided" after I received the call, not prior to it. This is my first cycle. I have two GPAs: Undergrad cGPA: 3.2x ; master's cGPA: 3.9x. Mcat: >515; I am IS.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! And my portal changed to "decided" after I received the call, not prior to it. This is my first cycle. I have two GPAs: Undergrad cGPA: 3.2x ; master's cGPA: 3.9x. Mcat: >515; I am IS.
Thank you very much, and big congrats!

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood. I said that they sent decisions to people up to 10/14. That means that they've discussed the applicants who have interviewed up to 10/14 and have sent out some decisions (which includes september interviewees). That doesn't preclude that some people from those dates will receive a decision later.
ahh that makes sense yea sorry I misread

can anyone provide the secondary link? i cannot find it in my email! (i had it before)

Early November interviewee with my portal still saying “awaiting decision”
3EE96DF5-4A52-4EB9-A36C-2CEA7C60F238.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED :)
Secondary app submitted early August, Interviewed early November.
Stats: 1st time applicant + OOS
URM/Female
cGPA: 3.96, sGPA: 4.0
MCAT: 506 (130 Cars, best section)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED :)
Secondary app submitted early August, Interviewed early November.
Stats: 1st time applicant + OOS
URM/Female
cGPA: 3.96, sGPA: 4.0
MCAT: 506 (130 Cars, best section)
Dang that GPA, congrats! Their website says OOS applicants have to have a minimum MCAT of 514, ig this is proof that’s it’s more of a soft requirement?

Just got my acceptance at UNC ! I interviewed on 9/13. I never got a phone call, but an email of status change with an acceptance letter embedded. Feels unreal!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Y’all are getting interviews?
I completed my secondary application on 8/9 and have not heard anything back yet. Does anyone know If they are still sending interview invitations? Or should I assume I'm not getting one? I am an OOS applicant with 4.0 GPA and 516 MCAT.

I completed my secondary application on 8/9 and have not heard anything back yet. Does anyone know If they are still sending interview invitations? Or should I assume I'm not getting one? I am an OOS applicant with 4.0 GPA and 516 MCAT.
They are still sending them. As an OOS if you get one you would probably get one late in the cycle, unless you are classified as URM

Similar stats, also OOS, complete mid-September I’m in the same boat as you with the radio silence

Reactions: 1 users
Dang that GPA, congrats! Their website says OOS applicants have to have a minimum MCAT of 514, ig this is proof that’s it’s more of a soft requirement?
That's honestly really confusing because the language on their website suggests otherwise. Not sure what to think now lol

Received a phone call this morning--accepted!! Thrilled because UNC is my #1 choice!

IS, non-traditional applicant, first time applying, interviewed 10/1

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks, IS first app cycle, non-traditional. spent a decade in Aerospace engineering.
Being a rocket scientist for 10 years just to impress adcoms, next level gunner right here 😂

• Dislike
Received a phone call this morning--accepted!! Thrilled because UNC is my #1 choice!

IS, non-traditional applicant, first time applying, interviewed 10/1
Congrats! Did they provide any resources/info during the phone call? I never received a call, but the status changes with the acceptance letter.

Being a rocket scientist for 10 years just to impress adcoms, next level gunner right here 😂
Never thought of going to med school until last year with a life-changing event. Life is more complex than your one-track thought process.

Reactions: 4 users
That's honestly really confusing because the language on their website suggests otherwise. Not sure what to think now lol
I posted a reply to this comment :) i think the 514 is just a bar to climb over and not a barrier to keep OOS out. If that makes sense. Like it’s a extreme plus to have It, but you can be competitive in other ways

Congrats! Did they provide any resources/info during the phone call? I never received a call, but the status changes with the acceptance letter.
She did not! She said if I have any questions to direct them towards admissions. My sister is a current M1 at UNC and she received an email from UNC with more information several days after being accepted--so hopefully you receive that soon!

She did not! She said if I have any questions to direct them towards admissions. My sister is a current M1 at UNC and she received an email from UNC with more information several days after being accepted--so hopefully you receive that soon!

Can confirm - got the email a few days after acceptance. Much love going out to everyone, super excited. :)

I’m a reapplicant, OOS, 516/3.8 and have loose ties to the state (researched at Duke with two publications last year) and haven’t received anything. Any reapplicants hear back?

Nothing yet
I’m a reapplicant, OOS, 516/3.8 and have loose ties to the state (researched at Duke with two publications last year) and haven’t received anything. Any reapplicants hear back?
Nothing yet

To people who have interviewed: What's the dress code for the Sunday info session?

Have any reapplicants heard anything yet? This is my second cycle as an IS applicant. I interviewed at UNC pretty early in the cycle last year (early October) but haven't been offered an interview yet this time around

Reactions: 1 users
Have any reapplicants heard anything yet? This is my second cycle as an IS applicant. I interviewed at UNC pretty early in the cycle last year (early October) but haven't been offered an interview yet this time around
I am an OOS reapplicant and haven’t heard anything yet

IS reapplicant, haven't heard anything but I know a few did earlier in this thread

IS reapplicant got II in September and interviewed in October

OOS
Complete mid-august
Received interview invite early October
Interviewed in early November
Congrats on the II! I’m OOS as well, would you mind sharing your scores if you’re comfortable

Also just got an II last night! IS reapp LM 73

Reactions: 4 users
"Application Status - Decided" This is my Current application Status and haven't received any emails, I submitted my secondary on September 15th. Should I be worried? anyone else have the same status without an email?

"Application Status - Decided" This is my Current application Status and haven't received any emails, I submitted my secondary on September 15th. Should I be worried? anyone else have the same status without an email?
If you haven't interviewed, you got the R