2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the call that they received all my documents in the supplementary application. Super nice of them to call like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you submitted the primary and got the secondary link, did all of the required documents auto-populate into the secondary over time? Specifically, did the transcripts you sent to AACOMAS transfer over to the NOVA supplementary application, or did you need to email your transcripts again to NOVA directly?
They autopopulated. I didn't have to do anything but submit the secondary.

I was wondering how other applicants were answering this question. I volunteered in many different departments in a hospital and thought to describe what I did in each department and what I learned. Is that a good idea or should I answer it differently?

List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school.

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds good!

I was wondering how other applicants were answering this question. I volunteered in many different departments in a hospital and thought to describe what I did in each department and what I learned. Is that a good idea or should I answer it differently?

List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school.

Still waiting on a secondary (OOS). Does NOVA pre-screen? I submitted my AACOMAS App on 5/28 and was verified on 5/29.

Is there a character or word limit on the secondary questions?

Also, did anyone have difficulty with their AACOMAS information transferring to NSU?

Also, did anyone have difficulty with their AACOMAS information transferring to NSU?
My information was submitted fine, it took some time for them to mark them in their system, but that is done manually (possibly after paying for the secondary).

As for word count, I honestly can't remember. :(

Looked on the site and it says they do not accept January MCAT dates, I was going to apply next cycle and take my MCAT in January 2022, am I out of luck applying to NSU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Looked on the site and it says they do not accept January MCAT dates, I was going to apply next cycle and take my MCAT in January 2022, am I out of luck applying to NSU?
If you are applying next cycle then you are fine. They don't accept January 2022 MCAT dates for this cycle.

I have LORs from a physician, a molecular bio prof, a nematology prof, an atmospheric science prof, and my research PI. Has anyone had luck without a liberal arts LOR or am I screwed?

I have LORs from a physician, a molecular bio prof, a nematology prof, an atmospheric science prof, and my research PI. Has anyone had luck without a liberal arts LOR or am I screwed?
Did you get the phone call saying your secondary is considered complete? I was confused about the liberal arts LOR, too, until I got that aforementioned call. The liberal arts letter "requirement" disappeared for me after that.

Did you get the phone call saying your secondary is considered complete? I was confused about the liberal arts LOR, too, until I got that aforementioned call. The liberal arts letter "requirement" disappeared for me after that.
so we don't need it? I too am confused ahah

so we don't need it? I too am confused ahah
As far as I can tell, it's not needed. Like I said, it disappeared when I was considered complete and it showed only my committee letter and (one of) my physician letter. I think it's just something from their general graduate application platform. @docemmettbrown mentioned above that NSU manually enters the information, like the letter requirements, into their system. I personally wouldn't worry about the liberal arts professor letter especially because I'm a nontrad and the last liberal arts class I took was like 8 years ago at this point lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call today and asked if there was any more action needed on my end and was told no. The requirement also disappeared for me too. I suppose that it might just be a suggestion?

Under supplemental items and documents, does anyone have the official college transcript and MCAT score showing as received?

Under supplemental items and documents, does anyone have the official college transcript and MCAT score showing as received?
Yes for MCAT, no for the transcripts. The transcripts don't appear to have the "required" red asterisk and they informed me that my application was complete so I'm not worried.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes for MCAT, no for the transcripts. The transcripts don't appear to have the "required" red asterisk and they informed me that my application was complete so I'm not worried.
Neither my transcripts or my MCAT show as received and I submitted to them a month ago. I had everything sent through AACOMAS and every other school got them

Do you know if they have score cutoff for the MCAT sections?

Has anyone received II since Aug 1st?

Hi guys I don't know if anyones asked this already,
I know its a requirement to get a DO/MD letter of rec.
Does anyone know if they would even look at an app without one?

Congratulations to everyone getting interview invitations!
1. Please share your stats
2. How many weeks from the invitation date to the actual interview?
3. Is the interview virtual?
Would like to reserve enough prep time.

So i got a call 2 weeks ago saying that the only thing i was missing was 1 letter, but I had uploaded it to aacomas the week prior. The person had said they just had to pull it from AACOMAS and would be done the following week. It still hasn't updated on their portal, so just wanted to see if I should give them a call or just be patient.

So i got a call 2 weeks ago saying that the only thing i was missing was 1 letter, but I had uploaded it to aacomas the week prior. The person had said they just had to pull it from AACOMAS and would be done the following week. It still hasn't updated on their portal, so just wanted to see if I should give them a call or just be patient.
be patient now that you know it's there but needs to be added to your file manually

Just received my supplemental from here and am confused on the review section where you choose your student category. My only options are choosing that I am a high school student or a transfer student. I am a college graduate so none of the options apply to me. Hoping for some guidance on what you guys did! Thanks!

Should I submit my secondary or is it too late?

Should I submit my secondary or is it too late?
late is the last day to submit your secondary. it's never too late. August is early considering everyone that still has not submitted primarys

All of my information says received besides one transcript. I got the call saying everything was received. Am I good to go or should I send my institution transcript?