2021-2022 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Damn, I emailed and the SHOI cycle is already over... sucks that people who (may) matriculate later in the cycle don't have a shot at the program.
I think if you (or anyone else matriculating later) are interested, you can also apply for the subsequent years as well. Ya it's a bummer you miss out on funding the first year, but at the same time, that's one less year of time you will owe back at the end so there's always a bright side.

Also, this is just my opinion and you could probably find someone in the SHOI program who would disagree with me but I'm not totally convinced it's the best idea financially unless you're absolutely convinced you want to practice in a rural/underserved setting for the number of med school years funded + one versus just going the standard PSLF route which can offer more flexibility after finishing residency training. Just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I think if you (or anyone else matriculating later) are interested, you can also apply for the subsequent years as well. Ya it's a bummer you miss out on funding the first year, but at the same time, that's one less year of time you will owe back at the end so there's always a bright side.

Also, this is just my opinion and you could probably find someone in the SHOI program who would disagree with me but I'm not totally convinced it's the best idea financially unless you're absolutely convinced you want to practice in a rural/underserved setting for the number of med school years funded + one versus just going the standard PSLF route which can offer more flexibility after finishing residency training. Just my opinion.
Thanks for the info! I emailed the contact person and said I was only eligible the year I matriculate, unless I misunderstood, and now that I think about it I don't even think I'd have wanted to make that commitment this early before school even started (and before I'm even accepted lol). I'm gonna do some research on PSLF, thanks friend

@BigPremedGuy Nothing would make me happier than welcoming you to the Class of 26 discord. Thou are of passing skill in my book. Keep us posted.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@BigPremedGuy Nothing would make me happier than welcoming you to the Class of 26 discord. Thou are of passing skill in my book. Keep us posted.
#26 on the alternate list for class of ‘26, it’s gotta be an *Omen*

5C7DA786-EF7E-48E1-A3FD-8880B25D98D8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Can't wait to meet you all this August!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the grading system at OHSU? I am not very clear.

Preclinical is all P/F. Since covid clinical core rotations changed to P/F grading and I believe are planning to stay that way so the only clinical grades you'll receive will be from Sub-I rotations or certain electives that have a tiered grading system.

Preclinical is all P/F. Since covid clinical core rotations changed to P/F grading and I believe are planning to stay that way so the only clinical grades you'll receive will be from Sub-I rotations or certain electives that have a tiered grading system.
FYI - I believe this has changed. I double checked and as of July 1, 2021, at least from the documents I just looked at, all courses (didactics, core clinical requirements, and sub-I rotations) are all pass/fail.

FYI - I believe this has changed. I double checked and as of July 1, 2021, at least from the documents I just looked at, all courses (didactics, core clinical requirements, and sub-I rotations) are all pass/fail.
Yep. Right now the only numbers that show up on the MSPE are the shelf exam scores, and even those may disappear. Everything else is P/F with no stratification.

Yep. Right now the only numbers that show up on the MSPE are the shelf exam scores, and even those may disappear. Everything else is P/F with no stratification.
does anyone know the deal with honors, high honors, etc?

@BigPremedGuy Nothing would make me happier than welcoming you to the Class of 26 discord. Thou are of passing skill in my book. Keep us posted
How do we get invited to the discord? They mentioned someone had made one at first look, but I didn't think to grab the invite code while I was there.

How do we get invited to the discord? They mentioned someone had made one at first look, but I didn't think to grab the invite code while I was there.
Scroll back to Feb 28th on the Med26 Facebook page, one of the incoming students posted a link :)

Right on thanks!

Hi! Just wondering if anyone can help send me a link to the discord? I don't have a facebook and would rather not make one. Happy to share any proof/what not in the PMs!

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi! Just wondering if anyone can help send me a link to the discord? I don't have a facebook and would rather not make one. Happy to share any proof/what not in the PMs!

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone!
Just shot you a PM! :)

Random but does anyone know the timeline for scholarships? I know they just said "later" but I have no idea if that means it would have happened already or most are in the summer. Thanks :)

Random but does anyone know the timeline for scholarships? I know they just said "later" but I have no idea if that means it would have happened already or most are in the summer. Thanks :)
I believe some people get notified fairly early on (before school starts even) if they are chosen for a scholarship so it lets people compare the financial costs if they got accepted in multiple places. For people who do not get one ahead of time, as long as you stay in good academic standing (aka pass classes), you’ll get notified in the winter/early spring. My experience for those is that they are generally around $3k/year. And then there are occasionally scholarships that the admin will email you about that you can apply for. Not sure if those have a certain regular time each year or if they just randomly come out.

Maybe another current student has better info but that’s my experience.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else on here still staring at the waitlist number? I know I am!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else on here still staring at the waitlist number? I know I am!

I am sooo close and the waiting is killing me!

I would also like to say thanks to BigPremedGuy for the memes! I hope I can greet you as a future classmate. I procrastinated making an account forever but I was rooting for you!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when the white coat ceremony is? My sister found something that said it would be on August 12th at the OCC. Can anyone confirm?

Hello, jumping back into the thread to ask if anyone has the link to the OHSU incoming student Facebook page. I would appreciate some help! Also looking forward to meeting everyone soon!!

Here are the final waitlist trends. I'll check on orientation day to see if it moves anymore, which it has in the past

Attachments

• OHSU MD Waitlist Trends_final version.xlsx
    8.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Just curious for future classes on the wait list, what number they got up to on the wait list this year, and what was the first day of classes?

Just curious for future classes on the wait list, what number they got up to on the wait list this year, and what was the first day of classes?
They got to 44, and no, they said everyone showed up this year, last movement day was in July sometime