2021-2022 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all! I know that Casper is required for PNWU, but does anyone know whether Snapshot is a requirement for this school?

Thanks so much!

Hey all! I know that Casper is required for PNWU, but does anyone know whether Snapshot is a requirement for this school?

Thanks so much!
Caspers is only required for those who are invited to interview; talk with someone from admissions if you are worried or have further questions.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks so much!
Unclear from the website, unfortunately. I would email them. I did all three parts just in case for my other schools!

Has anyone IS received a secondary? I know they have preference towards IS students. (OOS student asking but with familial ties)

Has anyone IS received a secondary? I know they have preference towards IS students. (OOS student asking but with familial ties)
If I recall in previous threads, they told students they don't have IS preference. And the vast majority of their class is from OOS. It's possible they have regional bias (75% from PNW area) but that also could just be because a lot of people apply to schools close to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I recall in previous threads, they told students they don't have IS preference. And the vast majority of their class is from OOS. It's possible they have regional bias (75% from PNW area) but that also could just be because a lot of people apply to schools close to them.
When I said IS I meant like the Washington and the other states that they have agreements with for consideration of in state benefits; Oregon, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho I think. Usually schools that are publicly funded will give precedent to those that are "IS" first then, high stat OOS, etc. But you may be right that they don't do it this way.

Okay looked at last years thread and around this time secondaries started going out so 🤞🏻 good vibes to all this week for some secondaries. Let us be blessed lol 😹

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Okay looked at last years thread and around this time secondaries started going out so 🤞🏻 good vibes to all this week for some secondaries. Let us be blessed lol 😹
Fingers crossed here!!

Reactions: 1 user
Okay looked at last years thread and around this time secondaries started going out so 🤞🏻 good vibes to all this week for some secondaries. Let us be blessed lol
Don’t they do a pretty thorough screen for secondaries, too?

• Hmm
Secondary received today, OOS, non-trad, reapplicant. Interviewed here last cycle!

Prompt:
  1. Write a one page, total, essay describing personal experiences that have shaped your desire to attend an osteopathic medical school that focuses on addressing rural and/or medically underserved populations and diversity, equity, and inclusion in health care.

Do you guys see where we upload this essay? I see all of the pertinent demographic drop-down menus; however, no particular upload button just yet!

Additionally, for the relative sections, do we simply list our immediate family members?

Secondary but OOS with no ties

Do you guys see where we upload this essay? I see all of the pertinent demographic drop-down menus; however, no particular upload button just yet!

Additionally, for the relative sections, do we simply list our immediate family members?
once you fill out all that info, the next prompted page has an upload section.

So, I have a question about in state ties, actually. My sister moved to the state of Washington literally the month before I sent out my primary. I plan on including this but it's more a question about how. Thoughts?

OOS, secondary received today. Anyone know if they screen?

Is today the only day that they will send the secondary out or they will keep sending them out as they reviewing the primary?

Where does it say the prompts? I do not see that portion of the secondary!

OOS, secondary received today. Anyone know if they screen?

Is today the only day that they will send the secondary out or they will keep sending them out as they reviewing the primary?

Do they send secondaries to everyone
Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.24.38 PM.png

This is from their website under fast facts. They have a h/o sending only around half their applicants a secondary so I'm sure there is some kind of screening. I applied in September last cycle and was granted a secondary then an II thereafter, so they screen as the cycle goes by until the class is full.

View attachment 340763
This is from their website under fast facts. They have a h/o sending only around half their applicants a secondary so I'm sure there is some kind of screening. I applied in September last cycle and was granted a secondary then an II thereafter, so they screen as the cycle goes by until the class is full.
thank you for the fast facts, do you know any other DO schools that have this information on their website?

Sorry for double posting; after clicking submit and paying, did it take you to any particular screen? I am not sure if my application was submitted after the payment was collected.

When I clicked continue or return (not sure at this point) after the payment successful screen, it brought me to a log-in screen, which I presume is the self-service portal mentioned in the secondary invite email.

For those of you that submitted the payment, was there anything else after the payment screen, such as a submit button/anything along those lines? I know the payment went through, just not sure if the actual app was sent out.

Will call tomorrow to confirm I guess.

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting; after clicking submit and paying, did it take you to any particular screen? I am not sure if my application was submitted after the payment was collected.

When I clicked continue or return (not sure at this point) after the payment successful screen, it brought me to a log-in screen, which I presume is the self-service portal mentioned in the secondary invite email.

For those of you that submitted the payment, was there anything else after the payment screen, such as a submit button/anything along those lines? I know the payment went through, just not sure if the actual app was sent out.

The "confirmation" I believe will be the email of our username and temp password.
But I haven't gotten that email yet.

Reactions: 1 users
The "confirmation" I believe will be the email of our username and temp password.
But I haven't gotten that email yet.
Was there anything after the payment complete screen on your end?

Was there anything after the payment complete screen on your end?
After payment was completed it brought me back to the login spot just like you said.

Same thing with me. Submitted around an hour ago and paid, brought me to the login screen but no email thus far with my login and password information.

Edit: It's now August 2nd, still no username/password. If anyone has already received this, please update this page!

Last edited:
For secondary prompt, is it asking Why DO ? I feel like I'm overthinking this prompt. I'd be thankful if someone can clarify.

No secondary here, but I submitted on July 1 (had to wait for paycheck to submit additional apps). Hopefully one comes my way!

Anyone strictly sticking to one the one page restriction for the secondary write up? Mines goes for about one page and a half and I'm wondering if it will be overlooked.

Anyone strictly sticking to one the one page restriction for the secondary write up? Mines goes for about one page and a half and I'm wondering if it will be overlooked.
Mine was just under a page. I personally wouldn't push it with the instructions given.

Is this like one page, size 11 font, single spaced? Double spaced?

Is this like one page, size 11 font, single spaced? Double spaced?
I just went through last year's thread and found this reply (pic below), but someone also did 1.5 space just to fill the page. Ima start it now ahaha, GL!!

1626903053724.png

Just got an email saying my app is now complete (OOS)! Fingers crossed!

+2

The question is, do your usernames work to log in to the service? Mine says the username does not exist, lol!
No, it doesn't seem to work. The email I got mentions that application status changes would be emailed, though.

+2

The question is, do your usernames work to log in to the service? Mine says the username does not exist, lol!
"Once your completed supplemental application is received, you will be emailed a user name and temporary password for Self-Service where you may monitor your application status and any missing documents."

I never got the email with a username and temporary password... only a PNWU ID and a confirmation that my app is complete.