2021-2022 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Once your completed supplemental application is received, you will be emailed a user name and temporary password for Self-Service where you may monitor your application status and any missing documents."

I never got the email with a username and temporary password... only a PNWU ID and a confirmation that my app is complete.
Yeah I'm assuming they must have changed how they want to do this.
But at least they said 2-3 weeks is how long we should wait!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else waiting on a few waiver to submit secondary? last year I got the approval on the same day, but this time it’s taking a lil longer! Maybe since they just starting sending out secondaries.

Did anybody submit the secondary on Tuesday and not receive any kind of confirmation email?
It took them about a day for them to send the confirmation email to me and I submitted on Tuesday, too. I'd wait another day and call them if it doesn't show up in your inbox tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
Same here! Hopefully they will start sending out their individual II soon :)

Anybody just got an email saying their application is complete?

I couldn't submit on the website so I had to email them my PDF. I submitted my payment, but haven't gotten a confirmation from PNWU that my application had been submitted like every other school I've applied to. Anyone else the same?

I couldn't submit on the website so I had to email them my PDF. I submitted my payment, but haven't gotten a confirmation from PNWU that my application had been submitted like every other school I've applied to. Anyone else the same?
Same. It's been 2 days now without a confirmation.

Do adcoms meet on weekends? Mine took 2 days to be verified
You got an email confirming you submitted your secondary app? And I assume they don't meet on the weekends so hopefully confirmation emails will go out beginning of next week.

Edit: Nvm, found my confirmation email in my spam folder lol. It was sent the same day I submitted my secondary.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
still waiting for secondary

I got an email saying they needing some information about the traffic citation I received several years back. Sent that back to them after their office closed on Friday. Hopefully on Monday I will have a secondary.

I received a secondary this morning! My primary app was verified July 21st.

Anyone got the confirmation email, but still haven't received a username and password?

Anyone got the confirmation email, but still haven't received a username and password?
I submitted my secondary on the 25th, emailed admissions on the 30th asking if they got my application. They replied saying they got my application but I didn't even get a confirmation email or username/password. Who knows just play the waiting game. But they should send you a "thanks for paying $85" if you do submit a secondary, at least an automated email.

• Care
I received an email about a day after saying they were updating the system they were using for the portal, but we should hear back from them within 2-3 weeks of submitting the secondary

• Care
I submitted my secondary on the 25th, emailed admissions on the 30th asking if they got my application. They replied saying they got my application but I didn't even get a confirmation email or username/password. Who knows just play the waiting game. But they should send you a "thanks for paying $85" if you do submit a secondary, at least an automated email.
I submitted yesterday and got no confirmation either besides my bank account getting lighter. I'll hold off on emailing them since it seems like most are in the same boat

I received an email about a day after saying they were updating the system they were using for the portal, but we should hear back from them within 2-3 weeks of submitting the secondary
I got an email after I submitted the second day, and they said due to a high volume of applications they changed it to 4-6 weeks.

• Care
I got an email after I submitted the second day, and they said due to a high volume of applications they changed it to 4-6 weeks.
Thanks for the update!

just received a secondary, OOS

Just got an update saying their self-service is still down, and they cannot give us accounts yet. Just keep an eye out for emails!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an update saying their self-service is still down, and they cannot give us accounts yet. Just keep an eye out for emails!
Ouch! I got the first email but not this one, hopefully, that doesn't mean they gave up on my app yikes haha

Ouch! I got the first email but not this one, hopefully, that doesn't mean they gave up on my app yikes haha
Lol I highly doubt it! It prob has to do with when my app was processed, you will likely get yours soon.

In case anyone's still wondering if they pre-screen for the 2° the answer is a firm YES. They were thinking I was missing some documents (specific to my case) and I've got a personal (aka not a standard copy-paste) e-mail signed by an actual person. Then when I replied and clarified the situation the secondary arrived in my mailbox in like 5 minutes. So indeed they don't submit secondaries automatically.

For the record: OOS, submitted 7/19/21 evening and 2° received on 8/6/21 morning, after few hours no email with login/password (so this is probably semi-manual as well).

Last edited:
Got an email about an hour ago with my login credentials for the portal, however when I log in it says there are 3 upcoming tasks and they're all LOR related. I should prolly wait for them to update my portal on their end right? I submitted my LORS via AACOMAS

Got an email about an hour ago with my login credentials for the portal, however when I log in it says there are 3 upcoming tasks and they're all LOR related. I should prolly wait for them to update my portal on their end right? I submitted my LORS via AACOMAS
That's generally how it works with other schools as when they get the letters they glance over them to make sure they're imported correctly. I believe PNWU even said somewhere that the portal after login is only for tracking the status and you don't need to do anything.

I know this is unrelated, but when did you submit your secondary?

That's generally how it works with other schools as when they get the letters they glance over them to make sure they're imported correctly. I believe PNWU even said somewhere that the portal after login is only for tracking the status and you don't need to do anything.
ok, this makes sense.

I also got portal info and it says three tasks that are due in 10 days. Looks weird.

Has anyone else not gotten the portal info yet? The last email I got was the one last week saying they are still working on their portal.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else not gotten the portal info yet? The last email I got was the one last week saying they are still working on their portal.
I sent mine on Friday (8/6) and didn't get the login info either.

I also got portal info and it says three tasks that are due in 10 days. Looks weird.
This happened last year. They will go over your primary to make sure all the letters are there then clear it.

The last email I got from them was on July 22nd, explaining the delay in getting the portal login info to people. I haven't heard anything since. What time were you all getting the login info emails?

The last email I got from them was on July 22nd, explaining the delay in getting the portal login info to people. I haven't heard anything since. What time were you all getting the login info emails?
I got it today around 5pm and I turned in secondary last week.

Same and I'm at the 3 week mark for being complete/in review.

So i finally got my "self-service" account but does anyone else see like letter requirements due under their checklists. I sent mine via aacomas, do we have to resubmit or something?
No, you just need to wait for them to review these form AACOMAS.

Just got my login info! Submitted my secondary 07/28.

Does anyone else see "No Decision (date)" on their Secondary App status online? (Go to Admissions > Apply on the top tabs)
What does this mean? 😅

Just got my login info as well.

Not sure what my committee decision means lol.... Fat R or II ?

1628572963439.png

same, if anyone can clear this up that'll be great :oops:
It seems like in the past, some people got committee and some did not. Both groups have the potential for IIs. It may just be whoever is inputting the data.

Just got my login info as well.

Not sure what my committee decision means lol.... Fat R or II ?

View attachment 341861
I submitted few days before you and have exact thing that it is sent to committee but I guess that's part of the review process some schools do have an entire committee that review apps before sending out II

Another email sent out:

"Good morning. Our self service account system is back up and running and we are in the process of creating your accounts now. This will take some time as we have a very high volume of applicants. In order to alleviate emails and phone calls, please be aware that this week is orientation for the class of 2025. We will be working on accounts as we are able.

Also please note that the self-service portal is for information only. You do not upload anything there. We will access your letters on AACOMAS and will verify and complete on our end. The deadlines you see for those items are internal only and help us keep track of where applicants are in the process. We will email you separately if we find we missing any information or requirements."

So give them some time before you reach out to admission with questions! They are working on it.

Another email sent out:

"Good morning. Our self service account system is back up and running and we are in the process of creating your accounts now. This will take some time as we have a very high volume of applicants. In order to alleviate emails and phone calls, please be aware that this week is orientation for the class of 2025. We will be working on accounts as we are able.

Also please note that the self-service portal is for information only. You do not upload anything there. We will access your letters on AACOMAS and will verify and complete on our end. The deadlines you see for those items are internal only and help us keep track of where applicants are in the process. We will email you separately if we find we missing any information or requirements."

So give them some time before you reach out to admission with questions! They are working on it.
Just got the same email. It’s good that they clarified the letters situation and why it takes so long. At least we can be sure they’re actually checking everything before it gets to the main committee ;)