2021-2022 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got another log-in information for the portal, that is different than the one I got yesterday. Also seems like the log-in information isn't working. Anyone else get that email today?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I got a rejection email. That's unfortunate lol. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II rejection today. Just got the email. OOS. Good luck to everyone else tho

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I got a rejection email. That's unfortunate lol. Good luck to everyone else!
+1 guessing it's a good sign if you get log in information. Cause I did not.
Pre-II rejection today. Just got the email. OOS. Good luck to everyone else tho
I am so sorry everyone! This is one school, there is many more to go and all it takes is 1 yes! Keep your heads up!
If you don't mind why do you think you got the R? Do you think it was stats?

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, same. That was super confusing, just like "Why aren't I getting the portal login info?"
Hey! So my husband applied (OOS, no ties) and did the secondary. He also hasn't received login info. Did you get an email that looked like this? Or did they just flat out send a rejection email to you?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-183449_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210810-183449_WhatsApp.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 215
Hey! So my husband applied (OOS, no ties) and did the secondary. He also hasn't received login info. Did you get an email that looked like this? Or did they just flat out send a rejection email to you?
I did the supplementary application, received it 7/21, completed 7/22. They take about 2-3 weeks to get back (at least for me). They then sent a flat out rejection email.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I got that email to fill out a supplemental application on 7/20 and submitted 7/21. Got log-in information 8/9.

I am so sorry everyone! This is one school, there is many more to go and all it takes is 1 yes! Keep your heads up!
They said "does not meet minimum requirements" but I'm going to contact for feedback, as that's not very specific.

• Sad
They said "does not meet minimum requirements" but I'm going to contact for feedback, as that's not very specific.
If you got an answer back from them and do not mind sharing it with us, I would really appreciate it! You got this!

Also it is intersting because their website stated "PNWU does not have a minimum GPA or MCAT requirement. All applications are reviewed for academic excellence, course completion, grades, grade trends, rigor of coursework, and other academic indicators."

DO Frequently Asked Admissions Questions

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that email to fill out a supplemental application on 7/20 and submitted 7/21. Got log-in information 8/9.
Yeah he submitted secondary on 7/26 I believe, and still hasn't received login info. They did send out an email today though saying there was a back up as they make everyone's accounts so I guess all we can do is wait and see.

Also it is intersting because their website stated "PNWU does not have a minimum GPA or MCAT requirement. All applications are reviewed for academic excellence, course completion, grades, grade trends, rigor of coursework, and other academic indicators."

Same, I thought there was no minimum. Maybe its a course requirement?

I got the same email @dr.batman got. It gave advice on how to improve a future app, pretty much reiterating their mission. Then it uses the line "We have taken that into consideration and after holistically reviewing your application have determined that minimum requirements have not been met." I'll probably give the admissions office a call to see if I can get anything specific to my app, though I have a feeling what's up. My shadowing opportunity kept getting postponed by COVID so my clinical experience is admittedly a little lacking. I've been using my experience as a familial caretaker for a (now deceased) family member as my clinical experience but I'm not sure how that's going to get viewed by adcoms.

Also, it probably doesn't help that I'm not from the Pacific Northwest.

I doubt it was stats, I think it was mainly cuz I have no connections to that area that they take from.

If you got an answer back from them and do not mind sharing it with us, I would really appreciate it! You got this!
That's what I said. So I have a meeting with them next week to see more specifically if they have like a OOS minimum they are not disclosing on the website or something else.

I got another email with new login credentials + marked complete today!

I doubt it was stats, I think it was mainly cuz I have no connections to that area that they take from.
hmm.. I'm from SoCal with 0 connections to PNWU but was offered a supplemental application. I'll keep you posted if an R comes my way lol

Just got my login info! Submitted my secondary 07/28.

Does anyone else see "No Decision (date)" on their Secondary App status online? (Go to Admissions > Apply on the top tabs)
What does this mean? 😅
Same here. I see some people have committee next to theirs instead. If I had to guess based on my intuition: Higher stat folks -> Committee review rn -> II, and then we come after those individuals. We'll see.

Hi,

I got my login today and I have 3 tasks I have to do, but there's no direction on what I need to do! Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Hi,

I got my login today and I have 3 tasks I have to do, but there's no direction on what I need to do! Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
You don’t need to do anything! :) They will manually enter all the info within the next few days/weeks.

You don’t need to do anything! :) They will manually enter all the info within the next few days/weeks.
Thank you so much! I was freaking out! So I shouldn't be worried that the tasks are for the recommendation letters?

Thank you so much! I was freaking out! So I shouldn't be worried that the tasks are for the recommendation letters?
Nope! They sent out an email last week saying the tasks are for their own use and we don’t need to worry, everything will be entered in.

Did anyone receive a confirmation of payment or secondary received email?

been waiting for one, I submitted the secondary like 2 weeks ago and haven't received the login info or any other confirmation.

I wouldn't worry -- seems to me like they're doing this manually. I got my login in last week but I submitted my 2 in like mid July so I bet they're just going down the list.

I submitted my secondary 8/1. They gave me a login to the portal 8/13. Just checked the portal and my application status was marked complete today, 8/16.

Hubby just got his log in info and has 3 pending tasks. He just took his MCAT last Friday. Wondering how badly that might put him back? 😔

got my portal stuff earlier, submitted secondary 2 weeks ago

Just got a "verified" email. It says...

"Thank you for applying to Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, Osteopathic Medicine program. We have verified your application documents and your file is complete. Your file is now under review by the committee. This review process could take 4-6 weeks. You will be emailed when your application status changes."

I dont remember exactly but I think I submitted my 2 mid July

"Thank you for applying to Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, Osteopathic Medicine program. We have verified your application documents and your file is complete. Your file is now under review by the committee. This review process could take 4-6 weeks. You will be emailed when your application status changes."

Me dos!

just got my portal today and a few hours later got marked complete, submitted secondary 8/5

same!

So I submitted the supplemental application once and paid the fee but never received any confirmation. So I chose to email their admissions teams to see if they received it. Its been almost 2 weeks since I sent that email so I just re-sent the supplemental and had to pay the fee again. Still no confirmation or anything. I'm OOS, no ties, sgpa 3.69, cgpa 3.77, 509.

Anyone in a similar situation with not receiving any confirmation?

So I submitted the supplemental application once and paid the fee but never received any confirmation. So I chose to email their admissions teams to see if they received it. Its been almost 2 weeks since I sent that email so I just re-sent the supplemental and had to pay the fee again. Still no confirmation or anything. I'm OOS, no ties, sgpa 3.69, cgpa 3.77, 509.

... you paid the fee twice?

Last edited:
Yea... I was thinking I did something wrong to not receive a confirmation from the school. Sure got it confirmed by my bank though. @BigPremedGuy

I would definitely call them.

My portal says deny post supplementary, guess this is the end of the road. Good luck to the rest of you!

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone in the same situation where they're still waiting on receiving a confirmation after submitting a secondary?

Submitted secondary 8/11, haven't gotten any emails from PNWU yet.

Is anyone in the same situation where they're still waiting on receiving a confirmation after submitting a secondary?

Submitted secondary 8/11, haven't gotten any emails from PNWU yet.
took me like 2 weeks, just gotta wait

So I did my phone call for feedback. They were incredibly nice. Apparently my AACOMAS didn't send everything over to them. Which is kind of scary. So that played a part in their decision not having all the information. And like I thought my MCAT mostly. But she said I could try for a re-review since some of my application is missing. But again no promises of a different outcome. I'm glad I had the conversation though.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users