2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It seemed like everyone that interviews is either put on hold or accepted so that 75 and 25 are 100% wrong, imo. Based on SDN reports, there has been little WL movement in May with only several people getting accepted off the hold. However, last year reported large fluctuations in the # of people in the accepted facebook groups so maybe there was selection bias on the forums here.

Either way, the future looks bleak and I'm not getting my hopes up.

Members don't see this ad.

I was browsing last year's thread and saw that people needed to complete VITA before interview. Just making sure, we do not need to do VITA this year right? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
are students generally happy at this school? Edit: What I mean by this is, are you guys content with the curriculum, and the way things are run generally?
I'd say generally, yes! There are of course things students will gripe about at any school and PSUCOM is no different, but overall everyone (students, faculty and attendings all included) is incredibly supportive and I really love our curriculum in general for alot of reasons

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I just got put on hold. That is bad right?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II hold today, complete mid-September

• Care
Just got an II! OOS, LM 70ish WARS 85 complete in mid august

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hey folks first year here. Happy to answer any questions about PSUCOM should you have any
Could you comment at all on the humanities thread in the curriculum? I see there's quite an emphasis placed upon that on the website (full time humanities staff, etc, etc). Former English major here, so there's a reason I'm interested in the school. How do students feel about it? What does the implementation look like?

They are, but I'd say they are very fair and really aiming to test your understanding of concepts.
We also don't
What are the fun things you do in Hershey when you have free time? Or is it as boring as everyone says
Depends on what you like. I hate cities and love being outside playing and while central PA doesn't have world class anything, it has alot of decently good everything - local climbing, skiing, fly fishing, kayaking, etc etc. Also within couple hours drive of places that do have better of all the above. Or if you're into cities close to some of them too.

Could you comment at all on the humanities thread in the curriculum? I see there's quite an emphasis placed upon that on the website (full time humanities staff, etc, etc). Former English major here, so there's a reason I'm interested in the school. How do students feel about it? What does the implementation look like?

It's a big part of the curriculum for sure. Some people love it some people dont. The specific type of humanities class changes every few weeks, so there's many iterations (for example first years are in observation and interpretation rn, which is focused on looking at images and finding details, making interpretations about findings, etc) and our class is a completely different course than the class above us. I'd say sometimes it feels a bit like a chore when we have things to do for it outside of science/clinical work load but the class we are in right now I find very thought provoking and clinically relevant so don't mind as much

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a dumb question, but do we need to do anything more than click the I accept button in the portal to save our seat? Like pay a deposit or respond to the acceptance email?

Pre-II hold. ORM, LM 69, OOS, Casper 3rd Quartile, complete 8/3.

• Care
I interviewed on 10/13 and still nothing back from them yet :( Anyone else in the same boat?

Same but 10/6
This is so wild. They told you 8-12 weeks at your interview, but when I interviewed on 11/1 they told me 6-8 weeks.... Wonder what their methodology is for reviewing since it clearly isn't strictly by date interviewed. I'm going crazy and i've only been waiting 6 weeks so far, I can't imagine how you guys feel- I would be so upset if I didn't hear in January. Wishing you both the best of luck. Hang in there!

Pre-II hold just now, OOS, no ties, 4th quartile Casper. Complete late July

• Care
I applied at the end of July, and it has been radio silence? Anyone else experiencing this?

I applied at the end of July, and it has been radio silence? Anyone else experiencing this?
That’s good for you because I applied late September and have a hold already so you’re in the running for an II

II received 12/10
complete 10/21
scheduled for late january

• Love
Did you guys email thank you letters to your interviewers directly?

Did you guys email thank you letters to your interviewers directly?
personally no, i do not because i don't think it factors into decisions and also interviewers dont respond/have enough email junk, at least in my experiences

Hey congrats! when were you complete? I was completed a little later than I had hoped this cycle but I'm holding out hope that some schools will eventually get to my application lol
Thanks! I don't remember the exact date I was complete but I was complete for all schools I applied by the end of July-early August. So I was definitely complete early which means they may still be getting to you! Have hope this was completely unexpected for me!

I submitted my application on 10/20 and have not heard anything back. Is this a good sign that I'm still in the running for an II later on in the cycle?

I submitted my application on 10/20 and have not heard anything back. Is this a good sign that I'm still in the running for an II later on in the cycle?
I submitted mine in july, and I still haven't heard back! I think no news is better than bad news.

I’m a current student. Feel free to ask any questions! (Not involved in admission committee at all so feel free to ask questions that felt weird to ask during interview)

Does anybody know what kinds of merit-based scholarships are given here? i.e. how many are given each year, average scholarship amount, etc.?

Has anyone gotten an II after being placed on hold? If so, when were you complete and when were you placed on hold?

This school doesn’t accept pre-interview updates, but what about post-interview update letters? For anyone who interviewed already, do you recall if they said anything during your session? Do they only allow post-interview thank you letters? Thanks in advance!

This school doesn’t accept pre-interview updates, but what about post-interview update letters? For anyone who interviewed already, do you recall if they said anything during your session? Do they only allow post-interview thank you letters? Thanks in advance!
No updates will be accepted pre- or post-interview except transcript updates. Past threads have mentioned they accept LOIs after April 30th when WL movement starts

No updates will be accepted pre- or post-interview except transcript updates. Past threads have mentioned they accept LOIs after April 30th when WL movement starts
Thank you so much; I appreciate the specificity:)

Interviewed 10/11 and still nothing. Anyone in the same boat, and is there any hope for an A still?