2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance email in the morning today! :giggle:
OOS, interviewed mid-November

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I started an accepted students GroupMe, PM to be added :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 10/25.. accepted today !!! It's my first acceptance, I stepped outside of work and literally cried for 10 minutes

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So i just emailed them and they said they do not accept any updates at all, including transcript updates which is what i asked for.
Did you interview? If so, have you received a decision yet?

In my Hold email: "You should be aware that a subsequent decision will be based on the information presently contained in your file with the exception of updated official transcript records." -- Correct me if I'm wrong but I take this to mean that any official update in your transcript will be taken into account post-decision?

Did you interview? If so, have you received a decision yet?

In my Hold email: "You should be aware that a subsequent decision will be based on the information presently contained in your file with the exception of updated official transcript records." -- Correct me if I'm wrong but I take this to mean that any official update in your transcript will be taken into account post-decision?
Oh, was this only for post-decision that they accept transcript updates? If so, my bad. I have interviewed on 11/22 but have not received a decision yet, so if that is the case then I apologize.

I mean that is also what I got from your quote, but it is still weird that they gave me an outright no on transcript updates if they told you in that email that updated transcripts are taken into account later.

GOT THE A!!! I opened my email while in Disney World lol (interviewed 10/27)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if Penn State will do an open house for accepted students before April 30th?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Penn State will do an open house for accepted students before April 30th?
Not sure, but I would also like to know about this. I definitely want to make a formal visit before it's all finalized!

How was your interview?
It was super laid back and enjoyable. They just want to know more about you and, in my experience, they are usually looking at your application and coming up with questions based off that. No "cookie cutter" general questions; it was all about building off what you've already said you are passionate about. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Post-interview Hold last thursday (Interviewed 10/13). I really hope I get off this waitlist, this school is my top choice right now!

• Care
Varies week to week. Some may have anatomy or other classes. There's usually a few optional independent lectures that you can watch whenever

Mon: 8-10 Problem based learning
11-12 science lecture (optional)
Maybe an optional lecture later

Tues: 8-10 Humanities
11-12 optional science lecture

Wed: 8-10 PBL
11-12 OSL
1:30-4:30 FPCC a class where you learn how to do history and physical and play doctor

Thursday: 8-10 Health systems
11-12 OSL

Fri: 8-10 PBL
11-12 patient encounter where you meet a patient who has the condition you learned about this week

Afternoons are usually clubs, gym, volunteering, shadowing, research, or whatever else you like. Lots of freedom
Hey, I had a question about the Step 1 timeline. I know that it's taken after M3 here, so when do students at Penn State begin studying for the exam? And has it felt rushed with Step 2 being taken so close to Step 1?

Anybody not receive a hold, an ii or an R yet? Last year I got the hold in early January...hoping to not have the same fate this time.

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody not receive a hold, an ii or an R yet? Last year I got the hold in early January...hoping to not have the same fate this time.
I got a hold/continue to review email last week

Hey, I had a question about the Step 1 timeline. I know that it's taken after M3 here, so when do students at Penn State begin studying for the exam? And has it felt rushed with Step 2 being taken so close to Step 1?
IDK about everyone else, but I just casually do Anki every day so I at least am exposed to the Step material. I know a few other classmates doing similar. Just an M1 though so can't speak about whether the gap between Step 1 and Step 2 feels rushed.

• Care
Super surprised (and majorly stoked) I got a II today. Secondary submitted early sept.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations!!! Can you share how your interview went? I am OOS too and nervous.
I would say it was good, the interviewers were friendly and I would say had a great interview day experience. First I was nervous of course but it went away after couple of minutes of interviewing. Goodluck!

Pre-II Hold today. Complete late September

• Care
I was placed on Pre-II hold a few months ago early November. Anyone know if people get taken off this or how likely it is? any stats to support?

Reactions: 3 users
Haven’t heard back since July. Looks like I’ll be getting an R here.

Mfs gave me a heart attack this morning with their university park email invitation.

Should be illegal to start a post-II email with a "Hello! Congratulations.."

y'all I almost had a coronary right here at work. Ended up saying congratulations on applying to medical school, we are so happy you applied to PSU and want you to come to the UP curriculum info session. SMH.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Mfs gave me a heart attack this morning with their university park email invitation.

y'all I almost had a coronary right here at work. Ended up saying congratulations on applying to medical school, we are so happy you applied to PSU and want you to come to the UP curriculum info session. SMH.
Did everyone receive this email?

I got that and a pre-II R from another school as I got out of the shower this morning and there were so many emotions so quickly haha

• Care
Did everyone receive this email?
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in this kind of thing. These schools tend to send stuff sporadically and to whomever. I don't think my receiving this email means anything at all.

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing how your interview went? Thank you :)
The interview was very chill, and my interviewers were very friendly. They really want to make sure you enjoy the interview day and are relaxed. I would go over basic questions like why medicine, why Penn State, and tell me about yourself, etc.

Kinda random question, does anyone know if you can actually be accepted off the committee hold list before April 30th/the WL movement??

Their websites states "Files placed in the Hold category remain active in the admissions process. They are periodically reviewed and may be selected for Acceptance during the interview period. After the interview period, files remaining in the Hold category continue to be reviewed and may be selected to fill vacancies in the entering class."

Is this actually accurate? Trying to manifest good vibes and hope for this school, but idk if it's actually true lol

Edit: for context, I'm on the post-II hold list

Just caught the pre-II hold. Good luck everyone else!

• Care
Anyone know when early January interviews will hear back?