2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The director of admission did leave PCOM GA and I am assuming it is taking forever for them to get back to applicants due to the change in leadership.
I can answer this. Across the board, every ancillary/teaching staff at PCOM will stress you atleast once in your 4 years. It is not their fault. The people who help with getting clinical rotations, completely necessary forms/tasks, or prepare for residency are responsible for too many students. Ex:: there is 1 person in charge of residency application preparation. 1 person to skim your application for residency and help you decide on where to apply. She is in charge of 3 campuses. Majority of your emails/questions will not be answered. No one will take your phone call before hearing your voicemail complaints. Shame thing happens at every level of this institution except for 5-6 doctors who manage the clinical training aspect. Look up who else has attended this school and ask them yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

Do any students match derm? How does PCOM rank against DMU or KCU?
PCOM students will 100% not match derm. No one here has applied to derm in last 4 years. However, most people who apply to derm dual-apply to both derm and another specilaty. In 2020, 30 DO student in the United States of Merica' matched derm. Not 30%, but 30 people total. u need derm-specific research for derm, and pcom doesn't offer that. You would also need 250+ step 1, 250+ step 2, and a nearly perfect application. derm is hard to get into because there are so few spots available. If you do get into med school, don't tell people you want to do derm. You may be passionate about derm, but it's like winning the lottery. Everyone who applies derm understands this and applies to a second specialty for backup. You should persue your dreams/derm and be happy with where you land.

Sorry, hope thats not too disheartening. People who apply and did not get into derm find solace in that they were even interviewed. These student will say "oh I interviewed but didn't get into derm". Think about it.... its a brag to mention that you interviewed for derm period.

DISCLAIMER: I was wrong in saying that "PCOM students will 100% not match derm". One of classmates just matched derm this year.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hey fellow future docs! I hope you all best of luck for rest of season if not already accepted. If you didn't get in... don't worry. 2022 class just matched this Monday, and we'll find out where we go on Friday. Most of you have worked **** jobs, moved back to home, and stressing to get into med school. You will matriculate eventually and do well. When I started med school, every 4-year told me this same thing. I didn't listen to their advice and that caused a lot of stress. If your states are at or above average right now, your acceptance/rejection is borderline. If you fail this year, but continue to improve your CV, then people will see that. Never forget why you chose this profession.

You will one day be the sole deciding factor for a patient's life /death. The road to medicine is challenging, but doable. Look the percentage of people who match residency vs those who apply to medcial school (its high and > 90%). This is the last step for you. Take a sec, and think about haow far you have come and how you felt about being a doctor . Think about your dreams/amibitions during first year of university.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if they're still planning to send out IIs? :(((

Just a quick note: that was for the Philadelphia campus.
Yes! Sorry, I should've specified. I thought the other student was stating that no one in general from any of the PCOM campuses will match into Derm, but it seemed as though someone from the Philly campus had.

Just got an II via email this morning, which was unexpected given that it is Saturday. MCAT was 508, undergrad GPA was 3.69.The interview slot they gave me is on Monday.
Oh good!! I wasn't the only one who received next to zero notice about my interview. I wonder if its a tactic to see how interested you are and if you will drop everything to interview?

Also, I LOVE your username! Cant wait till the last book comes out!

So I called the admission office to ask if there was any update on admission offers for those who interviewed the first week of February and I was told that the admission team is in a meeting right now and the best way to get an answer is by email. The lady I talked with mentioned that many people called today asking about the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it usually take to hear back? im on week four of waiting lol
They said to give 6 weeks. In some cases though it seems it can take longer than that. For what it’s worth, I’m also on week 4 of waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview from the GA campus today. The interview is scheduled for this Thursday 3/24. I also interviewed with and was accepted to the South Georgia campus back in January but declined the spot in favor of another program I was already accepted to. No word from the Philly campus since my secondary was complete on 8/24.

Are there any current students around who would be willing to answer a few questions about the program? Thanks!

Reactions: 4 users
Received an interview from the GA campus today. The interview is scheduled for this Thursday 3/24. I also interviewed with and was accepted to the South Georgia campus back in January but declined the spot in favor of another program I was already accepted to. No word from the Philly campus since my secondary was complete on 8/24.

Are there any current students around who would be willing to answer a few questions about the program? Thanks!
Congrats! What were your stats if you don’t mind sharing?

Generally speaking, how is the waitlist movement here? Has there been a lot over the past few years?

Reactions: 1 users
I just got my first ever medical school acceptance, and I cannot believe this is real! I interviewed on 02/14 and heard back today via email saying there was a portal update

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I just got my first ever medical school acceptance, and I cannot believe this is real! I interviewed on 02/14 and heard back today via email saying there was a portal update
How amazing, congratulations !!! Mind if I pm you for interview details ? I am currently waiting (4 weeks past interview).

Generally speaking, how is the waitlist movement here? Has there been a lot over the past few years?
Usually decent movement, WL definitely doesn't mean its over here. Usually most movement is 1-2 weeks after the big payment deadline (is that April or May...been awhile for me). But they have movement throughout the summer, just not as much.

Waitlisted. Interviewed mid-February.

Recently accepted (yay)!! Is there a gc or anything for accepted students?? :)

Reactions: 3 users
Recently accepted (yay)!! Is there a gc or anything for accepted students?? :)
Congratulations! That’s so exciting and a great way to start the weekend. When did you interview?

Why did basically their whole admissions department get fired/ jump ship? WHO HAS THE SCOOP.

• Wow
I thought it was just the director that changed. Someone else left?

4 out of the 5 admission people are gone. The only one who is still there is Ms. Fatima Stallworth.

Are interview invites still being sent out?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys I am wondering if anyone who interviewed in march 1st has heard back yet ?

interview invite today (4/12). Only gave me a 24 notice.

Reactions: 5 users
Interview invite today at 8 pm for an interview tomorrow afternoon lol

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users