2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who submitted a letter of intent-- did you just add it to the PCOM portal directly and that alone, or did you also email it to admissions? Also, did you email it to the three individuals on the admissions committee listed on our letters? Lol thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone who submitted a letter of intent-- did you just add it to the PCOM portal directly and that alone, or did you also email it to admissions? Also, did you email it to the three individuals on the admissions committee listed on our letters? Lol thanks in advance

Just submit it to the portal. If you try emailing, they will tell you to send to portal.

The interviewer will not see the update letters - only the admissions will.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted it in the portal and also sent it to admissions. Admissions will also tell you to upload it to the portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
I GOT ACCEPTED TODAY! 4/5 INTERVIEW!
Stats : 501 MCAT , 3.0 undergrad, 3.9 grad. I am non-traditional

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
email came in 10 mins ago but the portal was updated like 35 mins ago.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Wow crazy update here-- Interviewed 3/9 and waitlisted 4/7. Was expecting to have a summer of anxiety, stress, and the unknown but woke up today shockingly to an acceptance this morning (I know I just posted about the letter of intent-- I submitted it last night at 8PM lol). Dreams do come true!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I GOT ACCEPTED TODAY! 4/5 INTERVIEW!
Stats : 501 MCAT , 3.0 undergrad, 3.9 grad. I am non-traditional
Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. PCOM is a great school. Could you share a little more info? Are you form the area, ORM, URM, research, clinical jobs etc?

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. PCOM is a great school. Could you share a little more info? Are you form the area, ORM, URM, research, clinical jobs etc?

I am from NYC but i live in the south. Scribe/Head Scribe for 1.5 years, volunteer coordinator for the past 6 months, COVID Epi work for 2 years, etc. I did not do any wet lab research since it did not appeal to me and I did not want to just check a box. I did public health research for a year on substance abuse.

I am from NYC but i live in the south. Scribe/Head Scribe for 1.5 years, volunteer coordinator for the past 6 months, COVID Epi work for 2 years, etc. I did not do any wet lab research since it did not appeal to me and I did not want to just check a box. I did public health research for a year on substance abuse.
and no i did not have any MD/DO letters because it was not a hard requirement as stated on their site. I think they are more lenient because this is still a covid application cycle but might be more strict next cycle.

Wow crazy update here-- Interviewed 3/9 and waitlisted 4/7. Was expecting to have a summer of anxiety, stress, and the unknown but woke up today shockingly to an acceptance this morning (I know I just posted about the letter of intent-- I submitted it last night at 8PM lol). Dreams do come true!!!
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Congratulations!!!!

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Congratulations!!!!
Thank you so much! I'm going to be completely honest here in hopes that it will inspire someone else to persevere even if they think they don't have a chance (I depended heavily on reading these threads before applying). Went to a big university my freshmen year and messed around the whole time. 2.7 GPA with a failed orgo1 class. Took a year off and racked up thousands of clinical hours as a scribe in the ED. Went back to school at a small school in NJ (I am OOS in Jersey but heavy ties to Philadelphia area) and am about to graduate this spring-- GPA here was 3.9. My overall sGPA because of my first year was somewhere around 3.2. 503 MCAT. URM. Lots of Covid volunteering in South Jersey and volunteering with minority youths in Philly. 2 years of research in physics. Two PhD and one MD letter of rec. ALSO!!! I submitted my application literally ONE WEEK before it closed. Everyone told me this was donating to the school and they wouldn't even look at me but I knew I was ready!! Believe in yourself!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you so much! I'm going to be completely honest here in hopes that it will inspire someone else to persevere even if they think they don't have a chance (I depended heavily on reading these threads before applying). Went to a big university my freshmen year and messed around the whole time. 2.7 GPA with a failed orgo1 class. Took a year off and racked up thousands of clinical hours as a scribe in the ED. Went back to school at a small school in NJ (I am OOS in Jersey but heavy ties to Philadelphia area) and am about to graduate this spring-- GPA here was 3.9. My overall sGPA because of my first year was somewhere around 3.2. 503 MCAT. URM. Lots of Covid volunteering in South Jersey and volunteering with minority youths in Philly. 2 years of research in physics. Two PhD and one MD letter of rec. ALSO!!! I submitted my application literally ONE WEEK before it closed. Everyone told me this was donating to the school and they wouldn't even look at me but I knew I was ready!! Believe in yourself!
im proud of you. we had the same journey! all you needed was one YES!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for sharing that is very inspiring!!! Happy that they gave you the chance you deserve

Anyone interview on 3/29 hear back yet?

Does anyone know if they’re still sending out II? I haven’t heard back at all :(

Reactions: 2 users
Should i only send an update letter through the portal? Do they get notified of this?

Accepted today! 506 mcat, 3.73 grad, 3.31 undergrad science

Withdrew my seat today. Hardest decision ever as this is an amazing school but can’t wait for one of y’all to be accepted instead ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Really crazy how days go by with seemingly few/no decisions given out, and then there will be stretches of days of everyone getting a decision. Basing it off of this site of course which is not totally accurate, but just so anxious right now to hear back!

"
Really crazy how days go by with seemingly few/no decisions given out, and then there will be stretches of days of everyone getting a decision. Basing it off of this site of course which is not totally accurate, but just so anxious right now to hear back!
I was totally thinking the same time. Guess we just wait until it’s our turn (which hopefully will be good news soon!)

"

I was totally thinking the same time. Guess we just wait until it’s our turn (which hopefully will be good news soon!)
Would not wish this process upon my worst enemy. Very mentally and emotionally taxing

"

When did you interview? and when is the last day of the interviews?

Last edited:
When did you interview? and when is the last day of the interviews?
last week of March. And I’m not sure about the last day. I don’t know if they share that information with applicants (maybe if they ask)

Looking for a range of answers: Shortest time you know or personally had to hear back after an interview?

Looking for a range of answers: Shortest time you know or personally had to hear back after an interview?
I've seen people on here hear back after II 10 days with an A. I've also seen people wait 5+ weeks to hear an A as well! I really don't think there's any rhyme or reason to anything.

Yeah I was just asking out of curiosity.

Additionally, maybe someone down the line next year will check this sub and search to find a question we asked…although I doubt next cycle will be nearly as ****ed as this one was with the number of applicants.

Applied early September, sent updates and letter of interest in the interim, received II 4/20, interviewed 4/22... during the interview they said 4-5/ 5-6 weeks until decision... fingers crossed its more along the 2 weeks people reported here!!

Applied early September, sent updates and letter of interest in the interim, received II 4/20, interviewed 4/22... during the interview they said 4-5/ 5-6 weeks until decision... fingers crossed its more along the 2 weeks people reported here!!

I interviewed on the first of April and still haven’t received anything… it been a month.
I think it’s different for each individual

I've seen people on here hear back after II 10 days with an A. I've also seen people wait 5+ weeks to hear an A as well! I really don't think there's any rhyme or reason to anything.
It depends on when you interview and when the Committee meets. If you interview the week of Committee meeting it can take 5-6 weeks to hear back. If you interview the week before the meeting you could hear in 2 weeks of so. It depends on the meetings, staff to prepare the files, and they check and double check all decisions going out so no disasters occur like people getting the wrong decisions. It is a work intensive process.

Manifesting some movement and decisions this week!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if there is a correlation between the date you were waitlisted and the likelihood of being accepted? If you were waitlisted recently (e.g March/April) are you more likely to be accepted than if you were waitlisted in 2021?

wow, i didn't know they sent II's last week!! When did you send updates/LOI's by any chance? Looks like this upcoming week is the last week of interviews, pray for me yall 😭
I sent an update in November and LOI in February.

Has PCOM given the blanket rejection emails out yet? I just was wondering if I missed the communication from them since it has been silent since submitting my app

Has PCOM given the blanket rejection emails out yet? I just was wondering if I missed the communication from them since it has been silent since submitting my app
I don’t think so haha, absolute radio silence since august for me

silence since september, strong ties to philly, not so great uGPA but fantastic Grad GPA so i feel yall. from the ChoseDO fair they said they will send out R's in end of may early june even though they finished II in April ...idk why they can't just send out the R's instead of leaving us curious
Yeah I wish they would just send the R now. The silence is beyond frustrating

• Sad
I withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users